On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if you ever make it to Washington Gene, I would love to see if you perfect aim would work for me as I have lost half my speed due to MS and am trying to figure a way to get it back. Good on you for spreading your pool knowledge all over this krazy country of ours!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard Club in louisville feels like home.........

I was at the Billiards Club last night and day giving lessons and this is where my home base would be if I lived in louisville.

I like what I see here with what trey and Mark are doing. Great day specials for the players and everyone just kind of seemed like one big family. Players, bartenders,security and owners......

When you see harmony like this in a place you know they're doing allot of things right. My kind of place.........

I'll be heading back to the Billiard Club today first thing.

I will be trying to do most of my lessons there also.

715-563-8712 to learn Perfect aim. I only have 2 scheduled for tomorrow. Evening is wide open.....at the Billiard club if possible.

See ya there.......

Last edited:

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
How far east do you travel Gene? Anywhere close to Pittsburgh?

Love these stories and am hooked on learning more.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's warming up so you never know.......

How far east do you travel Gene? Anywhere close to Pittsburgh?

Love these stories and am hooked on learning more.

Thanks there frank,

You make me want to run right over there. Call me sometime for the Free phone lesson. i'll get you on track with Perfect Aim for sure.

This works if we can identify the correct dominance.

715-563-8712 good luck Geno.......

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks there frank,

You make me want to run right over there. Call me sometime for the Free phone lesson. i'll get you on track with Perfect Aim for sure.

This works if we can identify the correct dominance.

715-563-8712 good luck Geno.......

And just in case you think Geno is blowing smoke, if you don't want the Perfect Aim lesson, you could ask him to gamble a couple of sets of 9 ball for a hundred or two.

It's cool that a guy like this is willing to gamble at resonable numbers. If he does get lucky and beat you, you could ask him what you could do to improve your game and he's likely to tell you exactly what's wrong with your game right then and there.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Mr. Gene,

Have you seen justadub's thread in the AtI forum regarding dominant eye?

He has an issue. We have tried to help & I think we're getting to it, but maybe you can contribute if you have the time.

Best Regards & Best Wishes to You &

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't find it. AtI forum?

Mr. Gene,

Have you seen justadub's thread in the AtI forum regarding dominant eye?

He has an issue. We have tried to help & I think we're getting to it, but maybe you can contribute if you have the time.

Best Regards & Best Wishes to You &

I'll try to help if I can find it?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a great day out here in never, never land.....

You never know what is going to happen out here.

I got up early for me at 11:00 AM to do a lesson at 12:00. Angel, the guy that was supposed to be there called and said he was too sick.

That was OK because my next lesson was going to be early. His name was Duke and he is one of the better players in the area. It turns out he is one of the one eyes wonders that I talk about. It went really well. Great fun and a really nice guy.

Then I headed back to the room. Took a nap because I just didn't feel real good. Only slept about 45 minutes. Needed more.

Went to Bank Shots to give Greg Sullivan a lesson and there was a 9 ball tourny starting so I got in. I didn't bring any food with me. That was a mistake if I was going to play pool. I also forgot my meds for diabetes.

I ate a sub there and it was great, just too many carbs. My bllod sugar went crazy.

Didn't play well. The guy that won the tourny was behind one to nothing in a race to 3 with me. He was shooting a shot and scratched. For some reason I thought he had made the nine ball and I started sending the balls down to the other end. I knew I was in trouble then as far as playing.

I just don't think right when I get tired. In big tournys in Olathe and Louisiana I shot the wrong balls to lose the sets.

I know something is not right?

Anyway the good news is I had time now to give Greg his lesson. He loved what he saw. I had already worked with him some to show him how Perfect Aim worked a few days ago and it made the lesson that much quicker. Super nice guy. We'll get together for a tuneup before I go and review the whole lesson.

Then one of the guys there came up to me and set up a lesson for tomorrow at his house at 2:00. This is going to be fun also because he plays at a pretty good level already. I watched him play a little while I was in the tourny.

Then there was Glen Copple. He is the guy i raked the balls in with.He won the tourny.

I showed him a little bit about why he needed to learn Perfect aim. When we got to the cuts to the right he couldn't believe he had so much trouble making them. Hit'em all too thick. Shocker.........The same problem I can cure for anyone!

I know he will be doing a lesson for sure. Just need to find the time.

Had allot of fun today and I'm really pooped again. Tomorrow looks like another busy day.

I plan on leaving Friday but as usual I might have to stay for another week. I don't think I can get everything done by Friday.

Great day ........

One man a van and the road.........

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I guess most of the people that are in the area where you are at know about you and Perfect Aim but I was wondering if the title of your On the Road Again with Perfect Aim should start with the city where you are located.

If lurkers saw your title "NEW ORLEANS" On the Road with Perfect Aim, everyone in that area would be tuned in to read your thread.

Personally, I read all of your threads and posts because it is living vicariously on the road through your posts which I enjoy so much.

The regular readers of your On the Road Again with Perfect Aim thread would probably enjoying knowing which town you are in as well.

Anyway, I'm not only curious about what you think but more importantly what the rest of the forum readers think about you changing the title to include the city or cities you are currently in.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess most of the people that are in the area where you are at know about you and Perfect Aim but I was wondering if the title of your On the Road Again with Perfect Aim should start with the city where you are located.

If lurkers saw your title "NEW ORLEANS" On the Road with Perfect Aim, everyone in that area would be tuned in to read your thread.

Personally, I read all of your threads and posts because it is living vicariously on the road through your posts which I enjoy so much.

The regular readers of your On the Road Again with Perfect Aim thread would probably enjoying knowing which town you are in as well.

Anyway, I'm not only curious about what you think but more importantly what the rest of the forum readers think about you changing the title to include the city or cities you are currently in.
Changing the title to include the cities he's in is a marvelous idea. Then perhaps the threads can be moved to the aiming forum or "For Sale" forums where they belong. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a great idea.........

I never thought about it but it would be kind of nice. Other players and teachers are out there but I don't think they stay on the road 100% of the time. This would help a little as far as players knowing exactly where I am.

It was only about a month ago that I learned how to change the wording in the title.

Right now I'm still in Louisville and things are going great. I'm helping allot of players and having fun.

Played in a tourny last night. Was kind of too tired from too many lessons to play well but it was still fun.

It could work like kind of a natural hustle but that's not what I'm all about.

After the way i played last night I'm sure there are a few guys that would step up to the plate with me. But maybe not.

Today I worked with Todd Hash. One heck of a nice guy. Plays pretty sporty too.

He's at that level where he couldn't seem to get any higher. He told me that he can see that this will get him there.....

All's good in Louisville.

One man a van and the road........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please call me for the free phone lesson.......

Let me know if you ever make it to Washington Gene, I would love to see if you perfect aim would work for me as I have lost half my speed due to MS and am trying to figure a way to get it back. Good on you for spreading your pool knowledge all over this krazy country of ours!

Let me help you a little.

Just give me a call and I'll run you through the phone lesson. It works pretty good and the price is right too. Free..

Let's get you playing as good as possible.

Looking forward to your call. 715-563-8712 or you can PM me your number.

Talk to you soon. gene...........

Big Fish

Registered
Perfect Aim Lesson

Hi Gene,
Please come back to the Cincinnati area some more people need a lesson.
I need 1 for sure . Let me know I can be there in a few hours. :)
Thanks alot,
Fish

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The good news is..............

Hi Gene,
Please come back to the Cincinnati area some more people need a lesson.
I need 1 for sure . Let me know I can be there in a few hours. :)
Thanks alot,
Fish

My son is there and will be for some time. As I said before he plays for the Cincy Bearcats Football team. No 55 Roney Lozano. Everyone will see him on the defensive line next year. He's 6'2" 270 , big boy and pretty solid. I'm really proud of him. He's really stuck to his guns.

I will come back from time to time. I might even come back up there before I continue my journey if I can set up enough lessons ahead of time I'll come back up there for a day or 2 while I'm in Louisville.

I tell players everywhere I go not to drag their feet when it comes to setting up a lesson because I need to keep moving. Especially after I leave the players that have learned tell others how much it helps.

Everyone needs to know Perfect Aim if they want to improve their game. When someone still wants to learn and I leave I feel bad I missed them.

Give me a call there Bigfish, and I'll see about getting back up there before I move on. Plus it would give me some more time to spend with my son.

715-563-8712 Talk to you soon.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great lesson today with a Special person.........

Gave a lesson to Rob W today at the Billiard Club.

This guy is amazing. He spent 15 months in Iraq and is now going to school. He's married and got 3 kids.

Rob is a pretty good player and was really happy he learned this for sure.

He's got allot going on in his life.

My hats off to all the people in our armed services. That's the toughest action in the world.

Thanks Rob and all the other service people that keep us all safe here in the USA.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great bank tourny at Bank Shots today.........

And no I didn't play.

My days right now when I'm not giving lessons is mostly filled with trying to excersize and eat right. In between lessons I try to get some practice but health right now is a priority.

My lungs are feeling much better. Just need to stay out of the smoke. Getting my strength back and soon I'll be ready to tackle a tournament.

I was in worse shape than I thought. I was in the smoke for only a few short days and I felt like I was right back where I was.

Anyone that reads this stay out of the smoke. Too many people dying that don't even smoke. It just ain't worth it.

I was at one place here in Louisville and it is non smoking but the smokers want to keep the door open going to the bar. Kind of rediculous.

Every time I even breath in a little of that cig smoke it just hurts. It feels like I'm breathing acid. The same as if I drank it.

Bank Shots is a great poolhall. The poolhall is made from an old bank building. Inside the vault is all the cue repair stuff. Pretty neat.

Anyone coming through Louisville needs to stop and see one of the most unique poolhalls in the country.

I stopped in there today and they were all going at it. I should have gotten in. Would have been fun but not ready to spend all day in the poolhall.

I gave a pretty special phone lesson today with one of our fellow AZers. Mr Blake.

He was having trouble with certain shots and was pretty sure that I could help. And did.

This phone lesson was the highlight of my day. Really a nice guy and understood Perfect Aim Perfectly.

One man a van and the road...........

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
And no I didn't play.

My days right now when I'm not giving lessons is mostly filled with trying to excersize and eat right. In between lessons I try to get some practice but health right now is a priority.

My lungs are feeling much better. Just need to stay out of the smoke. Getting my strength back and soon I'll be ready to tackle a tournament.

I was in worse shape than I thought. I was in the smoke for only a few short days and I felt like I was right back where I was.

Anyone that reads this stay out of the smoke. .

Is there a list anywhere on the net of pool halls that don't allow smokers in?

I'd think would be valuable to guys like Geno.

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad situation out here with the smoke...........

Is there a list anywhere on the net of pool halls that don't allow smokers in?

I'd think would be valuable to guys like Geno.

Jeff Livingston

It's tough out here for the room owners. Where the cities are on the border it's real easy for the players to go 10 miles to a room that they can smoke in. So I can understand why some room owners choose to ignore the smoking laws and allow it. But they're keeping a terrible tragedy going by allowing the smoke to continue. It's even tougher to be a customer and get cancer just because you want to play pool and be sick and eventually die too soon.

In all reality though it is the smoke that has kept our business from growing.
Most people that go in a poolroom don't want to be in a smoke filled environment. Many of the smokers don't want to be in it. Most smoker would rather have a non smoking room in the motel. Why would you want to sleep in that filthy smell if you didn't have to?

At one place they have a room built on so the smokers even have a bar. Unfortunately there is not proper ventilation so the smokers want the door to the main place open so they can get some fresh air. They have a window open out there so the smoke comes right back in the pool room area. They might as well be smoking in the main area. It was really bad.

I tried to close the door not know what was normal procedure here and it got opened up again real quick with a bunch of angry, ugly looks. Finally a worker came up to me and said the door had to be left open. I told him what was the sense of non smoking if the smoke came right back in.

He asked me how long I would be there and he would keep it closed.

Not the point. The damage is done. My lungs are full of bad chemicals already. I paid my time and quit. I had spent $18.00 in there with my food and table time. I never went back there yet and don't think I will. Nice place too. But it stinks.......

How many other players business do they lose by keeping this door open.

Let's see. If 10 players a night leave that would have spent $20.00 each that's $200 worth of business. For the week that's $1400.
I had a room for about 13 years and that's allot of business to turn away.

Anyway I was sick for about 5 days. It just ain't worth it.

Beautiful poolhall and letting the smoke come right back in.

What would this be called. Come to my beautiful poolhall and enjoy the almost smoke free atmosphere. You might get cancer from the second hand smoke here but your chances are less we think.

Just trying to make everyone happy and not lose any money. Shame on the business. Care about the customers health. That's why they made the laws. They are made by the people because they vote on it. They don't want the poison in their bodies. They want to live.

Our sport for years has enticed people to breath in this smoke because they love pool and love to compete. I had a room for 13 years and 4 main bartenders that worked for me are dead from cancer. Not pretty either.
They died horrible dragged out deaths.

The last one Petty McVinnie, they had a little fund raiser at her main hanout so she could see the ocean and go to Vegas before she died. She got there and died about a month later. She probably would have enjoyed it allot more if she wasn't so sick. I can't imagine. Patty isn't here to complain about what smoke did to her. Neither are the other 49,000 non smokers that died that year either.

49.000 documented deaths in the USA each year from second hand smoke.That's just what is documented. It's probably higher.

Can you imagine if someone took 4,800 people and lined them up and shot them each month. I'll bet someone would put a stop to that but then maybe not if they are making enough money. Look at the drug companies killing people with their drugs. It's ok to kill just some. Put another name on it and put a warning on it that it may kill you. Kind of rediculous. These people are not only dying but are suffering really bad before they do. Chemo is no joke or any other cancer treatment for that matter.

How can this be happening in this day and age. The answer is simple. Dead people don't complain or vote. They have to count on the people that live to try and make things right.

And here's one of the biggest myths of them all. They said for years that if you quit smoking your out of the woods as far as your health goes.

That's a big fat lie. So the old thoughts of , I'll quit smoking and I'll be all right when I do are totally bunk. You need to quit right now. The damage won't be reversed. Not all the way at least.

But just using common sense, if you drank a little poison each day for about 15 years do you really think there would not be any permanent damage. Even if you quit drinking the poison.

Inhaling the poison is just about as bad as drinking it.

When a person smoking crack takes a hit. 80% to 90% of the drug goes directly into their system. The lungs are the highway to your body. And it makes sense. You suck it in and it's in. All that yellow nasty stuff that gets on the walls and windows is in your lungs.

When you snort the drug only about 10% goes into your system.

This is why they smoke it. More bang for the buck as they say. And when your doing drugs 90% is way better than 10%.

Within the first 10 minutes of breathing cig smoke your bodies medical measurements of health have already dropped to a very alarming unhealthy level. And don't ask me to prove these things. They are all over the internet. Just use google. It's all there for everyone and anyone that cares to look.

And then there is the problem with the smokers outside the entrance door of any business. They sit or stand right at the entrance. You need to hold your breath as you go to the front door. Then you use up part of that breath to say excuse me so you can get to the door. This is really sad. If your lungs aren't strong and healthy it only takes one breath of this stuff to make you feel a little queazy. And there is a law that you need to be so many feet from the door that is not hardly enforced anywhere. How sad.

Being on the road I see all these really screwed up situations and I understand the business end of it but it has to stop. People need to care about people and not about how much money they can make in spite of it.

Most places that are real, full fledged non smoking places are doing just fine. Some of them say the smoking laws have hurt their business but they need to look at the economy also and not put all the blame on the smoking bans. If you need to pick up business you need to create some reason for the people to be there. This is how we build the business is by promoting. Just step it up. Create more leagues. Time to roll up your sleeves and do the things that built the business in the first place.

After awhile in business we get kind of spoiled. The money just keeps coming. When it slows down we need to go back to work.

I feel so bad for players that live in these towns with smoking bans and they still have to breath in the smoke. The people have voted to stop killing people and the gov passed a law voted on by the people to stop killing people yet some businesses seem to think it's OK that they continue to keep killing people.

People want to live and not be sick. That's why they voted these laws in.

Pretty cut and dried.

One guy I gave a lesson to about 3 weeks ago up in Cincy had some first hand experience with second hand smoke. I was complaining about my lungs hurting so bad. He asked me some questions about the pain and problems and seemed pretty concerned.

Turns out he had lung cancer, He doesn't smoke. But he's in the smoke. They had to cut out the bottom half of his left lung. How sad. He told me 90% of all lung cancer is from cig smoke. You need to get some x-rays. He was just devastated that i might possibly have cancer. I could see the horror in his eyes as he talked. I thought he was going to make me go with him to the clinic right then.

What's really sad he's still hanging out in a place where they allow smoking.
He loves to play pool. And he knows the cancer was caused from the smoke. And still he comes in to play the game he loves.

Someday this insanity will be gone. 20 years from now they are going to say, Do you believe that they used to allow people to smoke those cancer causing cigs around other people.

If i offend some people that's OK. I get offended everytime I breath in some smoke and get sick. I'm still alive and for now I can be a voice for so many of my dead friends and for all of us that are still alive but in the same boat.

I'm going to go to a totally smoke free pool hall today.

How about you.........

One man a van and the road.............

Last edited: