planned obsolescence

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My name is Blue Hog Rider. I am about one movie away from being a member of ACTRA in Canada.

I will work for beer, sandwiches, the odd joint and maybe a couple lines of Peruvian Marching Powder
on occasion just so I will feel like a real actor.

I can provide my own pool cues as props.

I also took a course in Canada for movie stunts. I am a self professed comedian so am very used to being punched.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to leave me a message.
I don't have an agent at the moment so feel free to use the AZ PM messaging system in leau.

Actually, it sounds like a great idea and I wish you all the best.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow AZers,

If you don't already know me my name is Forrest Sutton and I live in Austin, Texas. I'm a 6 year veteran of the Coast Guard and currently attend Texas State University where I major in History and English.

To the point this summer my cousin and I were going to be making short films, as we are both aspiring filmmakers. We have about $7500 dollars in professional gear at our disposal. We are using a Canon 5D which was the camera used for the film "Act of Valor" so it's great picture quality. I love pool more than just about anything in my life. I love the characters, the stories, the cues, the players, and the ACTION above all.

I'm going to shoot a series of short films/ web series called "A Piece of the Action" about a pool hustler and all around gambler based out of here in Austin, Texas. I'm looking for funding and producers, but most likely I will resort to Kickstarter.com to aquire funding. Only my main 4 or 5 actors will be acting. The rest that appear in the series I'd like to have play themselves. This is not for those that want to show the "classy" side of pool. I want my main actor to be african american and based on my friend and late mentor "Monster" John Rouse albeit a younger version. I want to show a character that goes through all the ups and downs of action.

This will not be any easy task but I firmly believe it will bring more people into pool and be good for it. So what do I need from you guys? Well I need to hear if you will watch something like this and on top of that I need great pool stories of action and etc to incorporate into my scripts. The story is as follows for the first season.

Richie "Sport" Rouse is a former pool hustler and gambler who has tried to play it straight for his woman. He goes to college and works a cooks job. His mother is in the hospital with cancer and his brother who has been covering medical expenses has been murdered. Now it is in his hands to step up and make some real money. He drives head first back into the world of gambling and pool hustling to achieve such. Along his journey he will encounter streaks hot and cold. He will travel the road. He will play high stakes matches and play cards for money.

What I need is those great stories and just moral support for this project. I don't expect to start shooting till late June or July. I intend to start a youtube channel and a website. Hopefully if I can cast good and keep production values spectacular someone will pick this up for their own web series and go with what we have shot or fund us further to shoot it professionally.

Please take some time any suggestions, STORIES, or help will be much appreciated.

regards,

f

I love the Coast Guard, especially what they did for Haiti and coming to the rescue in Katrina. They are a vibrant part of the fabric of this country's soul.

Sounds like a great project. I will be eagerly following the updates!:)

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Promotions and Press

I'd like to see some of your dailies or rough cuts...

I will be based out of Las Vegas and would be willing to take any interviews with talent or producers attached either on my live stream or as recorded content.

You can contact me directly on this if you are interested.

Daniel Busch
povpool@gmail.com

p.s. - would also be willing to produce music and offer editing services.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Great idea and it will bring more into pool if done right and promoted well. J. Lee (the black widow) answered on TV when asked what pool needed to become mainstream and she said something like, Pool needed more gambling. Trying to make pool into something it's not hasn't got the job done in the 50 years they started in that direction. If you get good reviews on this first one I will support as best I can. Johnnyt

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Have you seen the movie "Pool Hall Junkies"? Similar plot line, but the protagonist has to return to hustling to pay off his brother's debt to a loan shark. I've seen it panned in other threads but I enjoyed it.

Best of luck in this venture.

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a great idea FS but at least 5 other people are already doing it so you better be quick about it. A local hustler in my area already told me about being filmed in action about 3 months ago and has already been pitched. Personally from what I've seen from pool players they make horrendous actors and the masses eat up reality t.v. You want what sells and Action and real life drama is what sells these days. Wish the best, get crackin, no time to lose.