Alex Brick

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Best to you Alex!

JoeyA

Just a note to thank all the well wishers. For those of you that did not know I had anaplastic thyroid cancer. Had surgery that removed cancer, voice box and lymph glands in neck. I have slowed down but I am not dead yet. I still want to make a few more cues but now will have to figure out how to spray as I do not breath through my mouth or nose but with a hole in my neck.

Anyway I am back on the road to recoverary and will be back to work in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Alex

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for update

Good news Alex. Power of prayers, positive thinking and attitude. Had one of your pure SP's that one of the top player's and friend of mine in my area bugged, and pestered and begged me for a few years ago until I finally gave up and said just 'take it'... but never ever sell it, it comes back to me.

My friend has many nice cues, but when I run into him playing for action it's in his hands. That cue plays jam up. Never should have let it go. You should hear him talk about how well it plays and how he pinched it from me.

Happy you are doing better and on the road to recovery. Perhaps I can have one just like it made for myself because slim chance I will never have that SP back in my bag.

God Bless,

-Kat

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Alex....glad to hear you are back on the road to recovery. You have many friends and acquaintances here that care to see you well and on your feet again. Myself included. Can't wait to see what you come up with this year ;)

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just a note to thank all the well wishers. For those of you that did not know I had anaplastic thyroid cancer. Had surgery that removed cancer, voice box and lymph glands in neck. I have slowed down but I am not dead yet. I still want to make a few more cues but now will have to figure out how to spray as I do not breath through my mouth or nose but with a hole in my neck.

Anyway I am back on the road to recovery and will be back to work in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks for taking the time to post your current status, So sorry to hear what you're going through. My wife and I will be sending all the good thoughts your way. Don't get back too soon, listen to the doctors.

Get well soon and beat that SOB 'C' word and get back to JOB!

Dave

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Good Lord!
Saddened to hear that. Alex was a gentleman .
Another loss to our pool world.
God Bless Alex.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
ALEX and i became friends in the 80's and business partners in the 96.

He was talented ( ask Mason ), witty, compassionate, ethical, brave and loved by those that knew him.

Although we know he's in a better place the hurt felt by those he left behind isn't mitigated.

Al, RIP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OH MY GOD
very sorry to hear the news
i bought several jump break cues from him
(to me they are the best on the market)
he was very professional and easy to deal with
my condolences to his family and loved ones

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Sadly Alex Brick passed away early this morning.

Ray

Wow, this is crazy. I remember buying my Alex Brick from him just over a year ago, he was a true gentleman in the transaction and a very hard worker.

I was seriously contemplating selling the break/jump but now I'm definitely keeping it.

Rest in peace Mr. Brick, you were one of the best!

Is there a custom cuemaker hall of fame? I'm sure he would be a shoo-in.

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news. I'm proud to have called him a friend. R.I.P. Al, you will be missed by all.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
So sorry to hear this. I only knew alex through his cues and from such a limited perspective I can't possibly to him justice but I will say that he made the best damn diamondwood j/b on the planet. Clean lines and an unbelievably smooth joint. Great craftsman

sluan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own 1 Alex's jump/break cue, this is a sad news (2nd to me in same day).

R.I.P. Alex

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Mr. Brick. I met him once and what a really good guy to just sit and shoot

the breeze with. He did a little work for me that night and we talked

like we were old friends. Just an all around good guy. My heart goes out to the

family and we will keep them in our thoughts

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sadly Alex Brick passed away early this morning.

Ray

Sitting in a MickyD's having a coffee and just idly opened this thread.
I've heard of Brick cues but never seen one.
I liked Alex's post with his intent to carry on regardless.

Then this post shocked me...how fragile life is....it makes me want to treat people like it
may be the last time I see them.....we all have to be kinder.

Rest in peace, Alex....and my condolences to family and friends.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a shame. He thought he was on the road to recovery just 4 months ago. I looked up the type of cancer he had and it says most people with it don't survive more than 6 months. Damnable disease.

Condolences to all who will miss Alex Brick.

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip Alex I will miss our talks. As I'm walking in job's knowing I won't see you there it sits heavy on my heart. Great man