Funny Original Sayings

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend of mine is a fan of "talking" to his opponent :rolleyes:

Well, one time his opponent got fed up and said to him "If your mouth could shoot pool you would be in Vegas instead of this bar".

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I saw this here on one of the forums a few months ago...

"I think I figured out why I'm missing. This must be a left-handed cue."

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember if I heard this on the forum or elsewhere, but a fun comment when someone keeps switching around balls in the rack for no reason:

"It's not f#$%ing Rubik's cube, just rack 'em"

I like that one and I know a few people on who to use it.

Dave Nelson

Or is it "whom"?

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that one and I know a few people on who to use it.

Dave Nelson

Or is it "whom"?

Yah, it's "whom".

Anyways, here's some of mine:

After a slug rack when no balls fall, I yell out "GO EVERYTHING!" right before the last ball stops rolling.

Opponent accidentally moves a ball, "That's okay, you need to cheat to win anyways".

When I dork up a safety and leave 'em straight in I say, "Take that!" and walk away.

"Are you done yet?" is pretty good after your opponent lucks in 2 or 3 balls in a row.

eric

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When your opponent makes a shot and gets super lucky position on his next ball, "Tough roll, shake it off". Credit Darell M for that one.

When your opponent gets super lucky as in when a ball goes two rails unintentionally "Who sees THAT shot?"

Credit Darell M for those.

Scottyboy716

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Minnesota Fats Quote after an opponent gets bad roll and says "How'd that ball roll like that?!?!?"

Fats replies " 'Cuz it's round"

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I love that "round" one. I think you have to say it... "cuz it's rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrounddd".
I also laughed at the Earl one. Earl would say "that kid shoots straighter 'n' a martian!"

We had a guy who might get a roll in 9b, meaning to play the shot in the side and going in the corner instead... and he'd just say "see, the average guy just plays that in the side. Not me."

When I get an awful lucky roll like 4 rails into an uncalled pocket, and the CB bumps something and gets good shape for the next ball... I'll say something like "the hard part is getting the CB to hit that 7 fat enough to roll up on the short side of the 2. Sometimes I hit the 7 a little thin and end up with more angle on the 2 than I want."

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
box 8 league match..

my buddy's opponent is at the table.. makes his ball but blows shape by a mile... the CB ends up buried in a cluster of my buddy's balls completely hooking himself .. there's no kick and no jump.. nothing..

my buddy pipes up ... GREAT SHOT I was planning a safety for you there... but couldn't figure out how to get the CB to freeze up tight like that .. thanks for showing me EXACTLY how to do it..

we laughed... he didn't seem to think it was very funny...:thumbup:

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Minnesota Fats Quote after an opponent gets bad roll and says "How'd that ball roll like that?!?!?"

Fats replies " 'Cuz it's round"

I remember that one. Laughed my ass off when Fats said it. The "opponent" was a guy name of Willie Mosconi.

qghunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When my brother ends up having to shoot with the cue behind his back, I like to tell him to "Hurry up there Stevie Ray."

Then I also like to say watching him rack is like watching a Parkinson patient play Jenga.

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Original saying?

Scenario 1, Rainy Day at the pool room.

Man come in and announces," It's really comin' down!!"

Your answer is ....

A. Yeah, it would sure look funny goin' up!"

or

B. Yes, and if this keeps up it won't be comin' down.

Scenario 2, Young sharpshooter is trying to rob the old man at one pocket and is getting frustrated by the old man's safties and lock-ups.

Young sharpshooter says, "How do you keep rollin' me up with no shot?"

Your answer is ....

A. I just get lucky from time to time.

or

B. Son, I've got more moves than Allied Van Lines.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't think it was all that funny but once after running two racks of nine ball, (not that normal an occurance) the guy I was shooting with said
"let's go to alternate breaks I didn't come here to rack for you"

KCM

Registered
Best one i've heard is when you make a tough shot but don't get shape and is hooked. Your standing there puzzled trying to think how to kick the ball. You say to someone " Look he doesn't know whether to wind his ass or shake his watch".

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it when your opponent is on a easy runout if he just makes one tough shot. He makes it, leaving three balls that an APA 2 could get out with and you say, "Yeah, now what are you gonna do?"

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have heard this one way to many times in are bar league, ''put a fork in him he`s done''

My buddy & me often say this to each other when were finishing a run out on the table,
''its all butter from here''

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the league player in the wheelchair who asks opponents who are thinking too long in a tough spot, "Would you like to concede?" with a straight face.