Blue Diamond Chalk

mlfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have Blue Diamond Chalk for sale in a couple weeks. The two piece package will be $9 with free shipping. Taking Paypal or money order.If your interested please send me an email at mlacefield@carolina.rr.com and I will put you on my list and will contact you as soon as I receive the shipment. Thanks, Mike

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Considering that the two-piece boxes typically sell for $5 (still outrageous imo), $9 seems a bit overpriced...but whatever the market will bear, I guess. Some people really swear by this chalk, but $.25 (for a cube of Master) to $2.50 (or worse, $4.50) for a cube of Blue Diamond, is a bit of a stretch for me. Best of luck with your venture!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

DrOnePocket

Banned
I will have Blue Diamond Chalk for sale in a couple weeks. The two piece package will be $9 with free shipping. Taking Paypal or money order.If your interested please send me an email at mlacefield@carolina.rr.com and I will put you on my list and will contact you as soon as I receive the shipment. Thanks, Mike

$9 for 2 pieces? WTH does it do to make it worth that much

mlfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is just a different (and better) formula. The going price online is $8/$9 for the two piece box. Considering I am buying the envelope and paying shipping, I think I am pretty much in line. A piece of chalk will last a month or so it used correctly. I actually wish it was a little cheaper. You can check it out on their website at www.bluediamondchalk.com .

Scott, did you know I can get lessons from the #1 ranked female player in the world for $75 an hour. Isn't that what you get? (Sorry, I couldn't resist poking back).

Bandanna Joe

Watchez Supporter
Silver Member
KOINKID sells the Blue Diamond, and that is where I bought mine.

The BD is worth the $, IMO.

It adheres better, and you will not have blue hands and palms. Your table/Simonis will stay cleaner also.

There have been numerous threads about it already.

Old Technolgoy, for people that don't like change, is fine; however, the new stuff, Blue Diamond, is great for those wth an open mind who want something better.

mlfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right, I should have just put it in the "Sale" section. Sorry about that.

And Joe, thanks.

shawnbarley

Banned
Me, I like good ole blue Master.
And some say Green.

One of the things I find amusing, is chalk. You guys will pay $800 for a cue without blinking, but you will beat some poor Sob to death over the price of chalk. One of the funniest DVD movies I have seen was this pool table distributor and all people were doing was walking in and buying chalk. Nobody wanted to pay tax. Yes, there was some nice eye candy too.
It was so true to life, on what it is really like in one of these joints.
Its a must see. IMHO.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381341/

First off, few of you will buy it, you just steal it from your local pool halls. Or from me when I lay a brand new piece out and make the mistake of going to the john.

And the ones that do, meaning your pool hall got fed up with you and now puts out chunks of rock from the moon, you will only buy a box of 12 from the lowest price on the net and you will spend an hour shopping. When the guy you were buying from raises his price 25 cents you are off him like a flash.

What is with this obsession that you are not going to over pay for chalk, its a quarter to 35 cents a piece. And the freight to ship it is usually more than the cost of the chalk. Doctor Dave needs to do a psych study on this one.

:embarrassed2:

Or at least that's my story and I'm stickin to it. Wadda do I no? All I know, is I no nuttin. I am not the brightest candle in this church. But you have already figured that one out by now. nuk nuk nuk.

PAMike

AKA Tattoo Mike
Silver Member
"One of the things I find amusing, is chalk. You guys will pay $800 for a cue without blinking, but you will beat some poor Sob to death over the price of chalk."

Or a $69.00 instructional DVD :D:p:D

DrOnePocket

Banned
The going price online is $8/$9 for the two piece box.

I did a quick search and found it for $6.50 for a 2 piece box. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Doesn't really matter anyway, even that price is way out of line. I don't recall EVER missing a ball because of the chalk I was using.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a quick search and found it for $6.50 for a 2 piece box. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Doesn't really matter anyway, even that price is way out of line. I don't recall EVER missing a ball because of the chalk I was using.

How much is the shipping?

BVal

poolsnark

Clique Wannabe
Silver Member
It is just a different (and better) formula. The going price online is $8/$9 for the two piece box. Considering I am buying the envelope and paying shipping, I think I am pretty much in line. A piece of chalk will last a month or so it used correctly. I actually wish it was a little cheaper. You can check it out on their website at www.bluediamondchalk.com .

Scott, did you know I can get lessons from the #1 ranked female player in the world for $75 an hour. Isn't that what you get? (Sorry, I couldn't resist poking back).

There has never been any confirmation from the manufacturer (Tweeten) that this is anything more than Master chalk with a different label. If you think it makes you play better, by all means you should buy it, but everything about this chalk is just hearsay and rumors. The manufacturer refuses to confirm or deny anything with regards to this chalk and as such, no one can say definitively whether or not there is any difference between Master and Blue Diamond.

Bandanna Joe

Watchez Supporter
Silver Member
There has never been any confirmation from the manufacturer (Tweeten) that this is anything more than Master chalk with a different label. If you think it makes you play better, by all means you should buy it, but everything about this chalk is just hearsay and rumors. The manufacturer refuses to confirm or deny anything with regards to this chalk and as such, no one can say definitively whether or not there is any difference between Master and Blue Diamond.

I'll tell you definitively that it is different and plays better (I'll take the pepsi challenge with blue painters tape wrapped around each). The narrow minded people that refuse change or new products are only cheating themselves out of a good thing.

Last edited:

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
I bought some blue diamond chalk to try it out, and while it is good (probably the best), and goes on very smooth and is very clean, I don't think that one cube is worth $3+. Even if it is better than blue Master, the difference in playability is not worth the difference in price. Blue Master gets the job done... for less. I will say though, if blue diamond was cheaper, it would be the chalk I used the most.

If you are interested in buying blue diamond, get some.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use BD and won't be switching any time soon. I noticed a big difference.
I chalk once per rack of 9 ball now. It stays on so it's lasts a lot longer.

I have to admit that because it's so expense I've been grinding them down with a sander when they get a little old. Works fine.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PaMike , you are right. People spend more than weeks wages on a cue and moan and *itch because chalk may cost 30 cents a cube that will last a year maybe or a tip needs replacing that only lasted 4 months. I have no idea what they think of gas when filling their cars.
I was given a cue of the BD chalk and I like it very much. I am not saying it is 10 x the normal chalk, but it is still good. All I have to do is not buy 1 beer and I have a cube of really good chalk.
Does the Blue Diamond chalk have lead in it?
Cue chalks used to have a lead content mixed with the blue pigment many years ago.Does anyone know for sure?
Mlfield, will you be in Vegas in August?
I will be in Vegas for the APA pool.
Neil Lickfold

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PaMike , you are right. People spend more than weeks wages on a cue and moan and *itch because chalk may cost 30 cents a cube that will last a year maybe or a tip needs replacing that only lasted 4 months. I have no idea what they think of gas when filling their cars.
I was given a cue of the BD chalk and I like it very much. I am not saying it is 10 x the normal chalk, but it is still good. All I have to do is not buy 1 beer and I have a cube of really good chalk.
Does the Blue Diamond chalk have lead in it?
Cue chalks used to have a lead content mixed with the blue pigment many years ago.Does anyone know for sure?
Mlfield, will you be in Vegas in August?
I will be in Vegas for the APA pool.
Neil Lickfold

I am pretty sure that it would not be allowed to be manufactured or sold in the US if it contained lead. I use it and like and don't ***** about the price.

BVal

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason I ask about the lead, is the product does not have a list of ingredients anywhere to be seen, and on other threads about chalk, apparently Masters Blue chalk used to have some small amount of some lead compound.
Neil