Do you guys love pool so much you over look a lot of stuff? Possibly my final post

lawlist

Registered
I played for several years in my youth, sometimes up to about 40 hours per week. I have never seriously considered playing in a league, and probably never will play on one. Playing pool does not rely upon playing in a league, and it certainly does not depend up whether everyone in this forum meets you with welcome arms. Look at this forum as an opportunity to have a quick question answered, rather than an opportunity to make friends by shooting the sh@t about pool stuff. If you make just one (1) true friend in your lifetime, then you have done well for yourself.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on the bar but at the ones I have asked nope. Also it is less the money and more the principal. Why should I have to pay for a mistake. If I go to a restaurant and the chef makes a mistake normally they fix it or give me my meal free or both. I do not drink alcohol.

If I were the chef, and you came in, don't tip, and then send the food back...

well YOU would pay, and be asked never to come back. Stop being so entitled. I guess

I am getting old.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First you said this:

Then you said this:

Then followed up with this:

It looks like you said by your own admission you play APA and 8 on the break wins the game, why do you need to retrieve the 8 ball?? The game where the 8 is made on the break is over, time to put your quarters in and start a new game. Are you saying you believe that during league if someone makes the 8 on the break and wins the game but all the other balls are still on the table yet that you should be able to retrieve the 8 and start another game?? If that is the case it sounds like you feel that you are angry that you did not get your money's worth because so many balls are left on the table. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of the actual issue here.

I played APA I have not played since I found out I had to pay to play twice. I play a VNEA offshoot called SDABA. Same rules from what I can underdstand.

If I were the chef, and you came in, don't tip, and then send the food back...

well YOU would pay, and be asked never to come back. Stop being so entitled. I guess

I am getting old.

You are getting old. This is not how you run a business in 2020. At least not any I am familiar with.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
giphy.gif

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’ve got to be up there with the biggest troll ever on AZ. We’ve had some legit nut jobs on here, like Fast Larry, and sc5, but straight up trolls, you take the cake.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
So this will probably be one of my final posts here. I have finally decided to quit the league I am on. The kind of nail in the coffin for me was the fact that I realized even though it would be rare I am essentially paying twice for one game of pool. Basically I found out that in the league I am in if I or my opponent makes the 8 ball on the break we have to either spot the 8 ball or re-rack.

Do you guys love the game so much that you play even though there are all the issues I have with pool? I am not sure if I love anything that much.

Your issues are your own...I don't often say this, but maybe pool isn't the game for you. Take up Chess, E-sports or something else where you don't have to relate so much to human beings and physical equipment.

It's clear that you have no respect for the establishments you frequent, or anything else related to the game really. I'm sure, somewhere, there is a game and establishment that live up to your high standards, however probably not at your prices. If you ***** and complain and do not tip, you will be disliked and have a bad time, no matter what you choose, just fyi.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I seem to recall at the start Jaime said they were afraid of being raped outside of a pool hall. In another post there was mention of carrying mace for self-defense. Since reading those posts I have always assumed Jaime was female. Unless you have some kind of PTSD from prison, I don't think it's normal for males to spend a lot of time worrying about being raped.

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life where these things aren't a major concern, or perhaps I'm just not as pretty as Jaime.

He can simply karate chop any potential perp. :grin:

You’ve got to be up there with the biggest troll ever on AZ. We’ve had some legit nut jobs on here, like Fast Larry, and sc5, but straight up trolls, you take the cake.

Your issues are your own...I don't often say this, but maybe pool isn't the game for you. Take up Chess, E-sports or something else where you don't have to relate so much to human beings and physical equipment.

It's clear that you have no respect for the establishments you frequent, or anything else related to the game really. I'm sure, somewhere, there is a game and establishment that live up to your high standards, however probably not at your prices. If you ***** and complain and do not tip, you will be disliked and have a bad time, no matter what you choose, just fyi.

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have 2 winners!!!!! I couldnt agree more.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where’s River City? Is he still defending this whack job? Please tell me he finally sees what everyone else does....this lady/child has never played a lick of pool. This trolling is as close as it’s gets.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where’s River City? Is he still defending this whack job? Please tell me he finally sees what everyone else does....this lady/child has never played a lick of pool. This trolling is as close as it’s gets.

I thought he got banned/quit for lashing out at her? I forget.

I think Jaimelion knows pool well. Every question is strategically picked to be anything but the game itself. Only someone who knows the game can do that for months. IMO, anyway.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

He had a meltdown.

He believes this gender bender is some kind of special needs child and should be handled with kidd gloves or some such nonsense.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just assumed when the jaime person was banned
it was for the health of the forum and jaime too.

some relationships need to be ended by someone
and it doesn’t really matter who does it.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
i just assumed when the jaime person was banned
it was for the health of the forum and jaime too.

some relationships need to be ended by someone
and it doesn’t really matter who does it.

Well said. The Admin needs to do this. Not just for the username, but for the IP address too since multiple usernames keep being created, which is against the rules.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, he truly has very narrow perspective on the world around him.

He seems to think businesses exist primarily to serve their patrons, when that is a secondary concern.

He should get a bicycle and a job or two.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought he got banned/quit for lashing out at her? I forget.

I think Jaimelion knows pool well. Every question is strategically picked to be anything but the game itself. Only someone who knows the game can do that for months. IMO, anyway.

Not sure if your serious but this is a case of I am either really good or really stupid.

Well said. The Admin needs to do this. Not just for the username, but for the IP address too since multiple usernames keep being created, which is against the rules.

This was cute at first but I am no one else but me. No Justin or frank or jimmy or anyone. Not sure how many names people think I am.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, he truly has very narrow perspective on the world around him.

He seems to think businesses exist primarily to serve their patrons, when that is a secondary concern.

He should get a bicycle and a job or two.

I am paraphrasing but if you take care of your customers they will take care of you. Restaurants that I go to love me cause I order the same thing every time and continually come back. And I am not sure if I have said this I have no problem leaving a 10 dollar tip for the chef if I go to a restaurant multiple times and have great food.

The way I look at it is I do not go to restaurants because I am to lazy to get my food. If they allowed that I would gladly get up and get my food from the place where they put it. I go to restaurants because I am too lazy to cook.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am paraphrasing but if you take care of your customers they will take care of you. Restaurants that I go to love me cause I order the same thing every time and continually come back. And I am not sure if I have said this I have no problem leaving a 10 dollar tip for the chef if I go to a restaurant multiple times and have great food.

The way I look at it is I do not go to restaurants because I am to lazy to get my food. If they allowed that I would gladly get up and get my food from the place where they put it. I go to restaurants because I am too lazy to cook.

They don't love you, they just love your doggystyle.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Why bring this thread to Non Pool Related Section. What have we done to anybody?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

You tip the one person who's wage is as much or more than everyone else combined, excluding the owner/manager.

Yeh, they love you.