If you wanted a lesson, by gambling with any player in the world, who would it be?

If you wanted a lesson, by gambling with any player in the world, who would it be, and what game would you want to play against that player?

I do not know what the minimum bet would need to be (against the average known pro), but I imagine it would need to be at least a $100 sets (at the minimum, I am guessing, but I do not know how cheap some celebrity pro's are willing to play, against a fan of theirs).

I assume that being a fan may not make a difference though (depending on who you would want to play).

For me, I would love to play Alex Pagulayan (I think that would be a great experience), and it would be 9 ball, since that is the only game that I was ever decent at (but it would be a great honor to play him at any game).

Last edited:

miragez

Registered
If you wanted a lesson, by gambling with any player in the world, who would it be, and who game would you want to play against that player.

I do not know what the minimum bet would need to be (against the average known pro), but I imagine it would need to be at least a $100 sets (at the minimum, I am guessing, but I do not know how cheap some celebrity pro's are willing to play, against a fan of theirs).

I assume that being a fan may not make a difference though (depending on who you would want to play).

For me, I would love to play Alex Pagulayan (I think that would be a great experience), and it would be 9 ball, since that is the only game that I was ever decent at (but it would be a great honor to play him at any game).
i would also have to go for alex. when theres money on the line he always seems to pull through. he seems to have that "gambler" type of aura constantly surrounding him. really smart player and funny too. as for the game probable 8 ball.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you wanted a lesson, by gambling with any player in the world, who would it be, and who game would you want to play against that player.

and who game would you want to play :confused:
I give up. Trick question?

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I'd play Efren Reyes 1 pocket for money straight up, no weight. Ive played some interesting people thus far, but not any real monster legends. There would have to be a chicken in proximity and a karaoke machine along with a fair amount of San Miguel.

Lesh

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
John Barton - even if I lost, I would get hrs of entertainment woofing back and forth on AZ before the match, and after.:thumbup:

1. Efren
1. Earl
1. Keith

Any of the 3 would be fine, Keith might actually have the edge.
Jason

9 ball

and who game would you want to play :confused:
I give up. Trick question?

Lol, thanks for making fun of me. That is not what I meant to say. I make mistakes. I should have read my post before and after posting it, to try my best to avoid trolls like you.

What secret lesson do you think you'll learn by playing a pro? All you'll be doing is watching them run out. You can do that on YouTube much cheaper...

Reactions: JC
John Barton - even if I lost, I would get hrs of entertainment woofing back and forth on AZ before the match, and after.:thumbup:

1. Efren
1. Earl
1. Keith

Any of the 3 would be fine, Keith might actually have the edge.
Jason

9 ball

I would love to play Keith. I would be scared to play Earl (he scares me, lol). Efren might be the most friendly pro player out there. He would be a nice friendly game (donating money to him). Would all be great experiences. I think that is what it takes to get better (playing much stronger players). Would also love to play John Morra (he is one of my favorites).

What secret lesson do you think you'll learn by playing a pro? All you'll be doing is watching them run out. You can do that on YouTube much cheaper...

Well, it would not be a lesson (I understand that), but it would be a great experience. And maybe (just maybe), I could do some running out of my own, against that player.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Corey Deuel, John Schmidt or Earl Strickland. They seem very willing to share advice, ideas, etc.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi
Luther Lassitter
Ralph Greenleaf
I think i could beat all of them right now.

asiasdad

Banned
Danny DiLiberto

and I would give him the all important first break

and watch him do the 4 rail kick after I break.

after that

Efren

then

Keith

then

Alex

then I'm out of money.