Shane calls Efren out at the DCC

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB said that when his bank roll is big enough he will play efren 10-ball race to 25 at the DCC. This is EPIC!!!!!!!

BPG24

Banned
ARM9BALLER said:
That's how he called Efren out?

He didn't really call Efren out, just saying that he is trying to build up a roll so he can ask Efren to play...

I am a huge fan of Efren and don't have the AZ man crush on Shane, but I am not sure that Shane wouldn't be the favorite... Race to 25 in 10 ball and breaking from the box seems to favor Shane IMO

Efren's break is not what it used to be, that could factor in

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Good match to watch

RunoutalloverU said:
SVB said that when his bank roll is big enough he will play efren 10-ball race to 25 at the DCC. This is EPIC!!!!!!!

Didn't he just win $18k? I'm sure Efren will bet $15k.. Anyone wanna bet on this match?? I know you all want Shane. I'm gonna have to take Efren.. PM me or post here to get a bet down..

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ARM9BALLER said:
That's how he called Efren out?

When I said calling out, I simply meant that he said his name on a public forum to play for money. So yeah thats how he called him out. Unless you have another definition. I guess you have to have efren's back though, I mean you did run up to have your picture taken with him, so your qualified.

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
I really wonder just how in stroke Efren is these days ? We know Shane is at the top of his 10 Ball game, but Efren is capable of anything on any given day. I'd tend to think that would be a good game for Shane, with Busta being a tougher opponent in 10 Ball...Tom

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doesn't sound exactly like calling him out

Doesn't sound exactly like calling him out which is just as well. They may play but a lot of barking at Efren at the moment would show a distinct lack of class, something I wouldn't expect from Shane.

Hu

Reactions: Hal

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Where is this public forum? I'd like to read how SVB worded it. The two of them are class acts and I don't think either of them woof much. I've always hated the childish woofing that goes on. Ask someone if they want to play...get a yes or no answer. No one owes anyone why they don't want to play them. Johnnyt

BPG24

Banned
Johnnyt said:
Where is this public forum? I'd like to read how SVB worded it. The two of them are class acts and I don't think either of them woof much. I've always hated the childish woofing that goes on. Ask someone if they want to play...get a yes or no answer. No one owes anyone why they don't want to play them. Johnnyt

No Public Forum
It was on TAR's Live feed from the Derby. Shane didn't "call him out". He stated that he wanted to play Efren and was trying to build a bankroll so he could ask him to play...
Shane also said he wanted the game to be break from the box 10 ball.

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
Well color me ignant once more...but what the hell does this mean
break from the box
?

I swear I've been working on this pool subculture slang thing (thanks to azb) and by good golly dam , just when I think I'm understanding it all big picture like,someone lays this down like we are all supposed to know what it means.

From the box?As opposed to where?What box?

Argghhhh...lol.

(really,no clue)

ARM9BALLER

malakas
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:
When I said calling out, I simply meant that he said his name on a public forum to play for money. So yeah thats how he called him out. Unless you have another definition. I guess you have to have efren's back though, I mean you did run up to have your picture taken with him, so your qualified.

Yeah, my definition of "Calling out" would be different than yours. And according to the other posts, your definition is wrong. So he said his name on a public forum? Does Efren even know Shane wants to play him?

So by your definition of "Calling out", I can come on here and say that I called SVB out. But what I really did is say,"When I have enough money to lose I would try Shane some thousand dollar sets."

BTW I like SVB in 10 ball against Efren.

That's right. I got my picture taken with the man. Got a problem with that?

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Thunderball said:
Well color me ignant once more...but what the hell does this mean ?

I swear I've been working on this pool subculture slang thing (thanks to azb) and by good golly dam , just when I think I'm understanding it all big picture like,someone lays this down like we are all supposed to know what it means.

From the box?As opposed to where?What box?

Argghhhh...lol.

(really,no clue)

Are you really asking? lol.. The box means no side rail breaking. Must break from between the diamonds on the end rail, or top rail which ever you call it for yourself.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this point in their careers, I think SVB wins 9/10b too, though I don't bet on things I have no influence on...

I think Reyes is the King;)

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
Yeah, my definition of "Calling out" would be different than yours.

Meant to add that to my post as well.He layed a nice little feeler out there,but hardly "called him out".imho

No doubt Efren will catch word of it,but he won't feel "called out" by my definition of the term.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
The window is open..... I'm taking Efren... If it was God playing again Efren I would still have to take Efren..

Man who bet against Efren always go home with empty pocket :D :D :D

Anyone who has watched Efren play in person more than one session should understand what I'm sayin. :D

Efren has always been and will always remain the one and only player I truely respect for their game.

Earl when he has his mind about him makes the cut too....

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
At this point in their careers, I think SVB wins 9/10b too, though I don't bet on things I have no influence on...

I think Reyes is the King;)

Sure the kids young and breaks better than Efren but it's Efren... LOL.. The guys smoother than a babys ass on silk.. hahaa.. He just moves too good...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ARM9BALLER said:
I'd like to see an all around matchup between these two champions. (Efren and Shane)

I think 8b & 10b would be the only 2 games that SVB is competitive vs. Reyes tho...am I wrong?

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
ARM9BALLER said:
I'd like to see an all around matchup between these two champions. (Efren and Shane)

Efren dominates... Again, The man moves too well. Watching him play one pocket when hes in gear makes me wanna vomit.. It's just sick how good he is..

BPG24

Banned
Shane probably has a better chance playing 9 ball versus 8 ball if we are talking about a big table.