Tips from a pro....

John Brumback

Silver Member
Learn how to make a good bridge!!!!. It is one of the most important parts of good pool playing!!!!!. ( it's what helps you or allows you to go through the cue ball at the right angle that you need for the shot at hand!!!! Most people that I work with don't seem to understand this simple concept. Don't be lazy...make a good bridge people!!! :)

John Brumback

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting post John. Years ago when I used to play for some $ I sized up the fish by looking at their bridge. I did not care what else they did I could tell right away if I could get the money by their bridge hand..

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On 99% of my shots I use an open bridge. I don't think you'd be able to judge my game by looking at the fingers of my bridge hand.
Maybe I'm missing something with the OP point.
Knew an older gent that had the shakes pretty bad, including his bridge hand. Most of his games ended with him trying to explain how he was able to pot a ball even though it appeared he wouldn't be able to.
Shoot safe.
John

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
On 99% of my shots I use an open bridge. I don't think you'd be able to judge my game by looking at the fingers of my bridge hand.
Maybe I'm missing something with the OP point.
Knew an older gent that had the shakes pretty bad, including his bridge hand. Most of his games ended with him trying to explain how he was able to pot a ball even though it appeared he wouldn't be able to.
Shoot safe.
John

Actually it's when you are on the rail or in strange positions that your bridge hand will likely tell on you... Most good players have learned solid bridgework working off the rails, around the pockets and over balls.... After watching my bridges and seeing the weakness in my bridging over balls you would likely grade the bridge work as a B which is pretty spot on with my game at the moment

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That's the biggest load of junk I've ever heard. I'll show you more people than you care to see that you don't want any part of, and their bridge is non existent.

Interesting post John. Years ago when I used to play for some $ I sized up the fish by looking at their bridge. I did not care what else they did I could tell right away if I could get the money by their bridge hand..

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
That's the biggest load of junk I've ever heard. I'll show you more people than you care to see that you don't want any part of, and their bridge is non existent.

Hmmm to listen to you or John Brumback..... Decisions... decisions.... NOT!!!!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

geez dude, I don't think he MEANT every human on the planet, same goes with a stroke. but most folks with a "gaffey" stroke usually are gonna lose their lunch money... man, don't take this stuff so personally... geez.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sheesh, you've got one of the world's best drop by to give a friendly (and important) tip and the naysayers come out of the woodwork.
Seems like everyone's got an opinion, but not everyone's got game...

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I respect John's opinion beyond anything else.

My post was directed at the person who used to play for $ and could tell if he can beat someone by looking at their bridge. Would have loved to heard what he'd have said about Efren after looking at his bridge.

Sheesh, you've got one of the world's best drop by to give a friendly (and important) tip and the naysayers come out of the woodwork.
Seems like everyone's got an opinion, but not everyone's got game...

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You took my quote without taking the other person's quote along with it. And you made it sound like I was gearing this towards John, which is the furthest thing from the truth.

geez dude, I don't think he MEANT every human on the planet, same goes with a stroke. but most folks with a "gaffey" stroke usually are gonna lose their lunch money... man, don't take this stuff so personally... geez.

asiasdad

Banned
You took my quote without taking the other person's quote along with it. And you made it sound like I was gearing this towards John, which is the furthest thing from the truth.

you may want to learn how to bridge your computer keyboard better and make
your comment under the quote instead of over the quote :rolleyes:

Reactions: JC

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Efren doesn't look weak... He does use the open bridge when he stretches and sometimes when he is drawing the ball but overall he looks pretty strong....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I respect John's opinion beyond anything else.

My post was directed at the person who used to play for $ and could tell if he can beat someone by looking at their bridge. Would have loved to heard what he'd have said about Efren after looking at his bridge.

Ive shot around with Quesports and he's getting long in the tooth now, If I may, but I can tell you he definitely has some speed. He's not blowing smoke. Im sure with some young eyes he would be a threat to most.

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have watch pool alot in my life and i think most of it is the (follow through/delivery..you can watch ppl with a pump stoke a wavy stoke even a side arm stoke like keith M ..but what i can tell you about all these players.is the follow through on all them players are straight and true..so i favor watching what they do at the end of the stoke myself...but dont take my evise .im just a dumb hillbilly here.lol

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
And you are correct the follow through is incredibly crucial. The person I'm talking about who posted saying he can look at a bridge and tell is what I was specifically referring to.

i have watch pool alot in my life and i think most of it is the (follow through/delivery..you can watch ppl with a pump stoke a wavy stoke even a side arm stoke like keith M ..but what i can tell you about all these players.is the follow through on all them players are straight and true..so i favor watching what they do at the end of the stoke myself...but dont take my evise .im just a dumb hillbilly here.lol

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
This is amazing when one realizes that even the most advanced professionals are constantly working on stance, bridge, grip, aim, and stroke and always looking to refine and improve them. Buddy Hall once said that his greatest improvement came from a small change in his bridge that he discovered in a dream.

Quoted from Bob Henning..... I think someone may be able to tell the whole story and where it was published........

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In all fairness, I thought you were directing it at John also. Glad to hear that was not the case though