Borana's movie opening

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Borana's movie, Dressing up Nes, is now playing on www.go4pool.com. You can rent this 20 minute video for $1.99 for 7 days. DVD's are also available for $9.99+$2.00 S&H. If you just want to donate to their cause, you can do that on the site too. If you like Borana and Nes, this will be a good site to visit.

Please post a review if you have time. We are interested in what you think.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
bstk.jpg

Shes a heck of a player.

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member
Good Reviews

Thanks Jim,

So far everyone that has seen it said that it is very enjoyable and fun to watch.

Borana

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dressing up Nes drawing

We will have a prize drawing on November 15th for everyone who has bought a Dressing up Nes product. Whether it was the video, DVD, or a donation to either of the girls, an entry for each product will be entered into the drawing under your name. Prizes are shown on www.go4pool.com. Prize list may grow.

Jim

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Maybe i'm just a stick in the mud - but I'm sorry Jim, that site still needs a bit of work.

First off, and most importantly, the checkout process is not on an HTTPS protocol; which should be mandatory, imo, before collecting personal and credit card information. I was all set to get the video, kept checking for https protocol to switch over, and it never did. That's a pretty big security hazard. Why not integrate with google checkout or paypal - it's pretty easy to do - and those are well-known and trusted resources, unlike virtuemart.

Also, once I've logged in, I shouldn't have to see the Login/Register buttons anymore. It's confusing to the user - since it looks like they're not logged in.

None of the Contact Us, About, FAQ, Community or News links work.

If you're going to sell things, have a way for the user to get back to their cart without having to click "add to cart" again. If they added the video to the cart, then decided to watch the preview again or whatever else... they have to click add to cart again to get back to the checkout process; which throws an error saying they can't add more than 1 of the rental item. which is fine, but also unnecessary. maybe after they log in you can replace those register/login buttons with a "view cart" button, like most every other online store does?

i can live with everything except the lack of httpS... get a certificate, get https and i'll buy the dvd and rent the video, but until then, i'm sorry, i dont trust the internet that much.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm with Johnny on this one. Can I buy the DVD the old fashioned way? Send a check for $11.99? If so, just post where to mail the check & who to make it out to. If not, I'll live without it...I just don't trust paypal & won't give a card number on the net.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Maybe i'm just a stick in the mud - but I'm sorry Jim, that site still needs a bit of work.

First off, and most importantly, the checkout process is not on an HTTPS protocol; which should be mandatory, imo, before collecting personal and credit card information. I was all set to get the video, kept checking for https protocol to switch over, and it never did. That's a pretty big security hazard. Why not integrate with google checkout or paypal - it's pretty easy to do - and those are well-known and trusted resources, unlike virtuemart.

Also, once I've logged in, I shouldn't have to see the Login/Register buttons anymore. It's confusing to the user - since it looks like they're not logged in.

None of the Contact Us, About, FAQ, Community or News links work.

If you're going to sell things, have a way for the user to get back to their cart without having to click "add to cart" again. If they added the video to the cart, then decided to watch the preview again or whatever else... they have to click add to cart again to get back to the checkout process; which throws an error saying they can't add more than 1 of the rental item. which is fine, but also unnecessary. maybe after they log in you can replace those register/login buttons with a "view cart" button, like most every other online store does?

i can live with everything except the lack of httpS... get a certificate, get https and i'll buy the dvd and rent the video, but until then, i'm sorry, i dont trust the internet that much.

I was set to buy and donate also. Why not paypal? Johnnyt

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Johnny, I visit car guy forums...there are many bad tales about paypal...

I've thought of getting a card with a low limit just for paypal, but the bank I use wants an annual fee for such a card...a card I'd use not all that often. My regular card has no annual fee...since I pay in full every month, interest charged means zilch to me.

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Borana and Ness

Very entertaining...I enjoyed watching it. Look forward to sweating both of your matches next time you play in a JPNEWT in Frederick, Maryland.

Frank

stljohnny

Silver Member
I'm with Johnny on this one. Can I buy the DVD the old fashioned way? Send a check for $11.99? If so, just post where to mail the check & who to make it out to. If not, I'll live without it...I just don't trust paypal & won't give a card number on the net.

I've been using paypal for over 10 years, primarily for ebay stuff, and have never had a problem with money being transferred from one person to the next - however, I still won't enter my credit card info on any site that isn't running on a secure connection.

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Really cute short film you guys. My favorite part was the actual match between you two. Oh and the bloopers reel during the credits. Good stuff! Well edited and music was great Borana! Good job by everyone involved. :thumbup:

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, paypay now set-up

I've been using paypal for over 10 years, primarily for ebay stuff, and have never had a problem with money being transferred from one person to the next - however, I still won't enter my credit card info on any site that isn't running on a secure connection.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I have set up paypal so if anyone wants to use paypal now they can.

Jim

Johnny, please contact me at go4pool@gmail.com.

Last edited:

stljohnny

Silver Member
Jim... during one of your updates you mis-typed your URL, so there are NO styles on your site. they're trying to pull from "www.go4poo.com"...

sorry to keep being the bearer of bad news. :/ btw, did you mean for me to email you or the other johnny on this thread?

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Hmmm

Really cute short film you guys. My favorite part was the actual match between you two. Oh and the bloopers reel during the credits. Good stuff! Well edited and music was great Borana! Good job by everyone involved. :thumbup:

Zooka...cute and pool don't go together...do you realize how many bunnies you, Borana and Ness have slaughterd in your young careers!!!

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim... during one of your updates you mis-typed your URL, so there are NO styles on your site. they're trying to pull from "www.go4poo.com"...

sorry to keep being the bearer of bad news. :/ btw, did you mean for me to email you or the other johnny on this thread?

I meant you. Thanks go4pool@gmail.com

We had a problem for about 2 hours but it is fixed. Thanks for your help.
Jim

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim, what is this "paypay" you speak of???

:grin::grin::grin:(Sorry... couldn't resist. And if I didn't do it, someone else surly would have):grin::grin::grin:

Listen, through all the irritation, it is nice to be able to smile a bit. Thanks, for that.
Jim