Favorite cue tip?

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats everyone's favorite tip? Here is my experience.
lepro- my overall favorite. only drawback is that it mushrooms easily.
elkmaster- never miss cued with one when using a bar stick.
triump-and triangle- plays in between a lepro and moori. to me.
moori- loved the first generation moori's. now they seem to miss cue more often.
kumui black- loved it for the first couple weeks then started miss cueing alot.
kumui tan- been using it currently. I like it but still in the back of my mind Im afraid of it miss cueing.
milk dud- been wanting to try one. but it sounds like everyone makes them a little different. not sure whos the best over all. most consistent.

I havent played much these last 2 years. so I have not tryed any newer kumui's. I just noticed that I need to scuff my tan kumui up often to keep from miss cueing.

whats your favorite?

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For many years I would use nothing but Morri cue tips. Now I use Kumui black or tan cue tips and will use nothing else. They hold up well, hold chalk well, get excellent english and I have very few miss cues. On my house cues I use Elk Master cue tips. I also sell the Kumui cue tips.

Harold Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Killer med.hard for me, have used this tip for the last ten years. It doesn't mushroom and you can load up all the English you want and not miscue
---Smitty

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
could you be more specific on moori / kamui
hard /medium/soft/super soft??
thanks

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Whats everyone's favorite tip? Here is my experience.
lepro- my overall favorite. only drawback is that it mushrooms easily.
elkmaster- never miss cued with one when using a bar stick.
triump-and triangle- plays in between a lepro and moori. to me.
moori- loved the first generation moori's. now they seem to miss cue more often.
kumui black- loved it for the first couple weeks then started miss cueing alot.
kumui tan- been using it currently. I like it but still in the back of my mind Im afraid of it miss cueing.
milk dud- been wanting to try one. but it sounds like everyone makes them a little different. not sure whos the best over all. most consistent.

I havent played much these last 2 years. so I have not tryed any newer kumui's. I just noticed that I need to scuff my tan kumui up often to keep from miss cueing.

whats your favorite?

I was not happy with the Kumui. A lot of mis cus. I have switched to the hard "Black Heart" and love it. I think you will too.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a medium Ultraskin, it`s a okay tip, but the tips seem a bit dry and there is a bit of inconsistency.
I`ll try G2 or Kamui clear next.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
Milk duds from pooldawg8 are the best I've ever used. Soft feel, medium hit and holds the shape FOREVER. Miscues are rare and juicing the CB has never been easier.

Truly the best. I have given several away to friends and they all rave about them.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultra Skin and Triangle chalk.
Miscues are a thing of the past.
Also I'll add that playing 9 or 10 ball I masse a lot and have no problems.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I'd say G2

I played Kamui Black M for quite some time, but switched to G2 H 6 months ago. I like the G2 more.

the only thing I dont like is that I like a G2 that is between G2 H and M, M is too soft for me and H is a bit harder than I would want. so if there is a G2 MH, I would be all over it.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Outsville Ki-Tech high performance single layered.... Soft... Yes I make them but I will put them up against any layered tip out there for performance and durability... Why buy something that changes within a month of play and have to worry about delaminations... If you want a layered tip G2 would be my choice but I have to ask... "You want a layered tip why????"

Chris

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been using Moori S for many years until they become inconsistent. And from then on, I've tried G2, Kamui Black, Kamui Tan and Ultraskin.

G2 S is very soft, it holds chalk very well but its way too soft for me.

Kamui Black or Tan plays well when newly installed after it gets thinner the tip gets too hard and I could hardly play with it.

Ultraskin S, for now this is the tip for me. I've been using it for sometime. So far I've find no problems with it.
Holds the cue ball very well, not too soft, just right for me. And doesn't mushroom as much as the G2 or Moori.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
mine is a tip that i soak and press. it's worth about 10 cents and they call it "Korea Tip" here in Manila.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently Black Heart; like it much more than kamui and the rest I've tried but I do have a G2 med on the way and will try that also on one of my shafts.