Recommendations for Boston pool rooms

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone any help is appreciated for advice on Boston pool rooms. Visiting the area and just looking for somewhere to play. Done some searching but a lot of places don’t seem like pool rooms but trendy hang bars.

Not sure if flat top Johnny’s is a legit place or not. I also saw lucky strike ha 30 tables.

I’m staying by the Boston commons if that helps. Thanks in advance.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone any help is appreciated for advice on Boston pool rooms. Visiting the area and just looking for somewhere to play. Done some searching but a lot of places don’t seem like pool rooms but trendy hang bars.

Not sure if flat top Johnny’s is a legit place or not. I also saw lucky strike ha 30 tables.

There really aren't any pool halls in Boston. Flat top Johnny's has pretty bad equipment.

Amazin Billiards in Malden is close. They have 10 legit Gold Crowns in good shape and 4 very nice billiards tables. Some decent players also.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick replies. Exactly what I was looking. I’ll have to check out amazon billiards and pass on flat top Johnny’s.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Last time I was n Btown I went on a pool room hunt and 2 of the 3 rooms I found used red cloth. It was hard to fade but in a town where tables are scarce I was not complaining.

diazr3

Registered
Amazin

Amazin has to have the nicest tables in Boston, I can't think of a place that has better kept tables in Mass. Their billiards tables are in exceptional shape. Cheap too, everyday from 12-6 or 6-12 (Except nights Tues-Thurs because of league) there's a special for $15. Hourly is $7 per person.

Come tomorrow for the 9 ball tournament! $20 Doors open at 11, starts at 12 races are handicapped to your skill level, double elimination.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When will you be there, for how long and what sort of transportation will you have?

Amazin is the best equipment closest to you, and they have a nice amount of 3C tables if you are into that. There is also a few other places a bit further away, my home room The Billiards Cafe in Ayer, decent food, a nice bar and great atmosphere. Has good equipment, a notch bellow Amazin but new rails and cloth. A bit north of the city in NH is a place called Crow's Nest with 8 foot Diamonds with very cheap rates. As a regular I don't think I was even charged table time last few times I was there with my son, they just handed us the balls LOL

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again thanks for the help. I’m in town without a vehicle just taking Uber around. Will probably go play some when the wife goes to bed. With all the recommendations it sounds like amazin is definitely the place to go.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry didn’t see the previous question. I am in Boston now and leaving Sunday. Transportation is primarily ubering around.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, where'd you go and how was it?

I ended up going to Amazin Billiards. I thought it was a very nice place. All of the replies were spot on. 10 gold crowns, I played on two different tables and both played well and were in good shape. Table time was 8.00 an hour which I thought was completely fair for the locations. Drinks were very well priced. The gentleman running the counter was friendly.

Overall very good experience and glad I didnt mess with any of the other places that came up in searches.

Thank you everyone for your replies and info.