Who are The Hustlers?

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
It was honestly better than I was expecting. Problem is I don't see who their target audience is. Regular joe people that don't already care about pool will not be intrigued by this show at all, and actual pool players should easily see how bs everything is. So who's left to watch? I mean some pool players will still watch it (I might), but is that niche market enough to keep the show on the air for more than a few episodes? Prob not...

How did you come to the conclusion that the "regular joe" will not be intrigued ..... At all?
Seems this is JUST an opinion without any merit whatsoever

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I've only watched clips of the show and have no desire to watch full episodes. Mainly because the show is not for me and I understand that. The show is for the masses and I think they try to tap into the standard reality show story lines to try and reach that. I hope it works.

I don't think this show will change anything too much if at all by itself but to me the exciting thing is that it could spark interest from people in the entertainment industry to do other things with pool.

As much as it pains me to say the best shot a reality show has at getting a main stream following is just have someone follow Earl around with a camera. Sounds like that could happen and any future big TV/Film pool project will at some level be able to point back to this show as the one that broke the trail.

Congrats to everyone involved on getting a finished product on air. Hell of a hard thing to accomplish.

JMuck

Silver Member
I am pleasantly surprised that the show is growing on me.The character development is ok.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did you come to the conclusion that the "regular joe" will not be intrigued ..... At all?
Seems this is JUST an opinion without any merit whatsoever

Of course it's just my opinion. However... Would your mom watch it? No. Would any "girl" watch it? Basically that's a big no. Would any guy that doesn't know a lot about pool or into the whole d/b gambling thing watch it? Not many. What's left? A few guys that have nothing better to do on a Friday night and a few people that may find some of the bs antics amusing because they can relate to it a little bit.

Yup still all guesswork, but I don't see how there could possibly be a much bigger demographic. We'll see.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Of course it's just my opinion. However... Would your mom watch it? No. Would any "girl" watch it? Basically that's a big no. Would any guy that doesn't know a lot about pool or into the whole d/b gambling thing watch it? Not many. What's left? A few guys that have nothing better to do on a Friday night and a few people that may find some of the bs antics amusing because they can relate to it a little bit.

Yup still all guesswork, but I don't see how there could possibly be a much bigger demographic. We'll see.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

I told my dad to watch it, who is not into pool and doesn't play, and by episode 3 he was really into it. My sister and girlfriend also watch it and they like it. I think they are both "girls" that you referred to. And my best friend watches it who is not into pool and does not know about the whole d/b gambling thing.