How far do you travel to play in a tournament?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Large regional tournaments- Maximum 4 hour drive, but one day I am going to stretch that for Zingales tournament in Tallahassee, FL which is 6 hours away from me.

National tournaments: More than a few hours drive, I try to fly.

Local tournaments: 30 minutes.

JoeyA

Are their tournaments good? I have to go to Tallahassee soon but I am flexible and thought about coordinating it with a tournament there.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allen .......very easily in CA....70 mph is legal in many areas of our state, especially in the Central Valley where I reside.

California Highways with 70 MPH Speed Limits

The California Department of Transportation and the California Highway Patrol has implemented 70 MPH speed limits on the following Interstate and Non-Interstate freeway segments.
These 70 MPH segments are exceptions to the State's general maximum speed limit of 65 MPH. Autos with trailers and trucks are still limited to 55 MPH as specified in California Vehicle Code 22406.

Interstate Segments:

Interstate 5 Interstate 8 Interstate 10
Interstate 15 Interstate 40 Interstate 205
Interstate 215 Interstate 505 Interstate 580

Non Interstate Segments\State: Route 99 Route 215

So rest assured, when 70 is the legal minimum, in California, drivers will then use upper 70's and low's 80's when driving......only traffic can slow you down.
I betcha the average is more like 74-75 mph and you won't get ticketed........Highway patrol drives right past patrolling the highway.....they want the big speeding ticket $.

Matt B.

In Florida 65 and 70 on most freeways. I wish it was a 100. It really makes a difference when traveling. You can cover a lot of distance pretty quick.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've heard nothing but GREAT things about Zingales.

Let me know if you head that way. It's a long ride for me but I still might make the trip. I think they have a tough Amateur Tournament every several months or so.

JoeyA

Are their tournaments good? I have to go to Tallahassee soon but I am flexible and thought about coordinating it with a tournament there.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
9am from my front door...that's generally a 2-3 hour one way max. I have other considerations I have to make so hopefully the city has a nice hotel and great restaurants if it's more than that.