Jimmy Reid photo and the U.S. 9-Ball Open

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They will be using a photo I took of Jimmy Reid back in the 1980s in promoting the U.S. 9-Ball Open. I was happy to allow them to use it for a great tournament that, sadly, I have never attended. Anyone going to attend this year?
Jimmy%20Reid-01-X2.png

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Cool!

Anyone hear any news about Jimmy lately?

Kieth posted this on FB a day or 2 ago:

Clipped:

i jus got some bad news from a mutual friend that my friend Jimmy Reidhas made a turn in the wrong direction, he isnot really able to speak right now, but i just want you to know jimmy that i willalways love u man, i have never seen anybody fight the way u have my friend through all of this jimmy, thats for sure. i had so much fun throughout the years with you, our friendship started when i was 14 and now i am 59 going to be 60, i will cherish all those years jimmy that i have had the pleasure to know you, u are one of the smartest guys that i have ever met in the pool bussiness i love you jimmy, god bless you hippy, your friend evil.

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
I was fearing bad news of that sort, but knowing his health history it was kind of anticipated.

Here's to hoping he overcomes the split and pulls out another come-from-behinder.

Cool!

Anyone hear any news about Jimmy lately?

Reid is sending out messages telling people that he is going into hospice care.

That may mean, even Jimmy himself realizes his chances of recovering are not good! :(

Ducky,

Try as we might we just can't get anything past you. Of course, if requests for donations are the next messages sent out we'll know that it's just another poolplayer scam.

RBL

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ducky,

Try as we might we just can't get anything past you. Of course, if requests for donations are the next messages sent out we'll know that it's just another poolplayer scam.

RBL

RBL..Not a good subject to make light of! :(

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
Jimmy Reid

I'm a long time friend of Jimmy. A couple of days ago I talked to his Momma. She said he had been in the hospital for about 10 days & they expected him to be there another 10-15 days. This at least seems to indicate they expect him to go home. She said he went in for pneumonia & they found he has lung cancer.
I will try and call him or his mom tomorrow & get an update, then post it here. He is most certainly in my prayers

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm a long time friend of Jimmy. A couple of days ago I talked to his Momma. She said he had been in the hospital for about 10 days & they expected him to be there another 10-15 days. This at least seems to indicate they expect him to go home. She said he went in for pneumonia & they found he has lung cancer.
I will try and call him or his mom tomorrow & get an update, then post it here. He is most certainly in my prayers

sad news
i will pray for him

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing how some people on this forum NEVER have anything good to say.
Just plain nasty.

Prayers and thoughts to Jimmy.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news for a fellow Gloucestermen! I grew up on the other side of town from Jimmy and am several years younger than him. We both learned to play pool at Nicks Pool Hall in Gloucester. Great place had a shoe shine parlor in the front lobby and no girls allowed. Those were the days, you could swear, smoke, whine and moan all you wanted. No girls to be worried about. Hell if they every saw the piss pot of a mens room they would have never come back anyway, especially in the summer, boy it was ripe then. It was owned by a nice old Greek fellow named Nick Denikas, as he got older his son Artie took it over. I grew up in the place trying my best to play with Artie's son Nicky who was just about unbeatable. I have very fond memories of learning to play pool there and heard stories of Jimmy's exploits at Nick's. Great times ton's of action, ring games every day all day, they were non stop. I hope Jimmy can bounce back from this setback like he has in the past, he's certainly had a lot of health issues in the last few years. God Bless you Jimmy! You made a name for yourself and had a lot of fun!!!!