Record For 9-Ball Racks Run, But.....

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure there is an official record for the most consecutive racks of 9-Ball broke and ran. Either way, my question is this.......is there an official record for most runnable racks of 9-Ball that have been screwed up?

Currently I sit on 13 hosed up runnable racks in a row. Just wondering if I should call the Guinness folks?

r/DCP

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I'm not sure there is an official record for the most consecutive racks of 9-Ball broke and ran. Either way, my question is this.......is there an official record for most runnable racks of 9-Ball that have been screwed up?

Currently I sit on 13 hosed up runnable racks in a row. Just wondering if I should call the Guinness folks?

r/DCP

Where are your mistakes happening and how? Early in the rack? Late? Easy Miss? Shit position causing the miss?

...what do you feel your problem is?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are your mistakes happening and how? Early in the rack? Late? Easy Miss? Shit position causing the miss?

...what do you feel your problem is?

Missing shots.
Missing position.
Shit position causing the miss or causing difficult position to the next ball.

Whats the problem? Lack of ability. And lack of confidence. I know I am going to hose the rack up.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missing shots.
Missing position.

Whats the problem? Lack of ability. And lack of confidence. I know I am going to hose the rack up.

You have two parts, a winner and a loser. Which one you become depends on which one you feed.

Shy, after all these years, are you still feeding the loser side of yourself? What makes you so fearful of feeding the winner side?

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
supposedly, 9 ball high runs...
Niels Feijen ran 15 racks on 9'
and
McCready did 21 on a bar table at Hard Times.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd also like to mention Souqet's 27 racks of 8 ball and more impressive, to me at least, Efrens 5 full racks of rotation, WOW.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Missing shots.
Missing position.

What do you feel will increase your confidence, other then correcting those problems. The increase in confidence will help correct those problems, you need to find a way to do it.

I know Ive harped in the past that you need to get out and play people. Get into some competition and you might see that you actually play well and that will boost your confidence. Or you will find out other things you need to work on more so then just the failed run outs. Like playing a safe when its the much higher percentage shot.

You shoot a lot. I'm sure you play decent. Get out there man. Get to some events. You should come to the expo. Play in the amature open. Get in the pit. All the action you could want at just 10 bucks a rack. One of the best things in the world for your game.

You need a good win.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not bad advice at all.

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin.

Did you notice that no matter how well one plays, turns invariably end with a negative? It is true.

What do you feel will increase your confidence, other then correcting those problems. The increase in confidence will help correct those problems, you need to find a way to do it.

I know Ive harped in the past that you need to get out and play people. Get into some competition and you might see that you actually play well and that will boost your confidence. Or you will find out other things you need to work on more so then just the failed run outs. Like playing a safe when its the much higher percentage shot.

You shoot a lot. I'm sure you play decent. Get out there man. Get to some events. You should come to the expo. Play in the amature open. Get in the pit. All the action you could want at just 10 bucks a rack. One of the best things in the world for your game.

You need a good win.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

r/DCP

Well, if you look hard enough, I think you will find some people who have never run a rack at all even after years of playing, so I guess one of those will have the record.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if you look hard enough, I think you will find some people who have never run a rack at all even after years of playing, so I guess one of those will have the record.

True..
I think I have failed to get out from the break more times than he...coz I played more racks.

He is retired. I used to be.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another really interesting and irrelevant thread. I personally think the problem is the color of the cloth, or your cue, or the pockets, or the balls, or the rack, or the lighting.

Then again after the table thread last week, it might serve you best if you replaced your entire "Gold Crown IV with Simonis English Green cloth" with something else more suitable to your style of play.

On second thought, you may want to wait to see if a glove is the answer... :wink:

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Had an ole timer tell me that U.J.Puckett ran 53 racks of 9-ball in a row , who knows? may have!

David Harcrow

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Had an ole timer tell me that U.J.Puckett ran 53 racks of 9-ball in a row , who knows? may have!

David Harcrow

Nice to see you posting, David ...you probably aint missed a ball since the last time you
you posted. :)

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just continue to hose up runnable racks. I bet I screw up at least 9 out of 10 anymore. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I almost don't even want to go down to the table anymore because I know whats going to happen.

Maybe I should take up bowling like someone suggested.....

r/DCP

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP
I got about 50 years of 'em!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Just continue to hose up runnable racks. I bet I screw up at least 9 out of 10 anymore. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I almost don't even want to go down to the table anymore because I know whats going to happen.

Maybe I should take up bowling like someone suggested.....

r/DCP
Have you ever taken a lesson?