josswest shaft

pyle26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 40 year old original josswest shaft 13mm with a micarta ferrule on it. The shaft is str8 and perfect!! $500.00 firm Bill Stroud is retired, getting one of these is nearly impossible. It has the little boxes ring all the way around.

pyle26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
5/16-14 those guys are idiots that probably have never owned a nice cue good luck getting one call bill stroud and see what he says. Believe me your not getting one, especially one that's got tight grained forty year old wood 13mm str8 as an arrow with a micarta ferrule on it. The price is to get rid of all the tire kicking dreamer's who have no intention to buy anything but sit on here all day long posting stupid comments on cues etc that they know nothing about. I will put this shaft against any original josswest shaft it's a perfect 10!!

pyle26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
josswest

Don't buy it i really don't care either way. Anyone who owns a josswest knows the value of an original perfect shaft. Go buy a new junk knockoff non original shaft and put it on your 40 year old josswest. Good luck with the hit andthe quality of the wood. Anyone who can really play also knows it will pay for itself in one set, and makes they're cues value only go up.

BILLY HO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
joss west

I've got a 40 year old plain jane 4 pointer with two original straight shafts I'll sell you for a grand. You could keep your shaft and sell mine for a grand and get a cue to boot. Let me know.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
When Bill was making cues and shafts they were $300+ for a shaft and it would take a while so actually this isn't a bad price! Either way for you *****s that are making smart ass comments on his price risk being banned and really don't have a clue to the values of quality cues.... I doubt you have a JW to put this shaft on so why bother posting in his thread? Ron Seymour<----Has a 72 JW

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I apologize if I offended anoyne with my comment was not trying to. I sure as shit dont have a Josswest to put one on, however if anyone would like to donate one Ill be more then gald to have it:D I have a Schon though but the cue is 572new cant see spending that much on a replacement shaft you know? I know jw makes extremely high grade cues from what I see on here.

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My apologies

When Bill was making cues and shafts they were $300+ for a shaft and it would take a while so actually this isn't a bad price! Either way for you *****s that are making smart ass comments on his price risk being banned and really don't have a clue to the values of quality cues.... I doubt you have a JW to put this shaft on so why bother posting in his thread? Ron Seymour<----Has a 72 JW

$300 is a fair price for a solid old JW shaft, that I won't dispute. That being said, even a Tasc, BB, Gina, Scruggs, TAD etc would have trouble getting 500 a pop for a shaft, and they're all top tier cue makers just like Bill. Yes, I know, Bill is retired now, but so is Tim, and his cues and shafts haven't doubled in value. To top it all off, the cue market is as slow as ever right now and cues that commanded high prices are selling for a fraction of what they used to. That's my logic, but my yes, mistake for posting it, that was poor form on my part.

Anyways, my bad for stepping on any toes, I apologize, and best of luck on the sale.

Ps - I do know quality cues, feel free to check my fs threads, and I do have a JW, it will be up in a few days :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BILLY HO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just saying

I was serious about the JW for 1K. I got three shafts with it when I purchased it for 900. I sold one for 150 on AZ so I had 750 in. I sent the cue to have it refinished and spent 175. I'll be lucky to get 1K. No offense
meant to the fellow wanting 500.

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I called Bill about 2yrs ago to have a shaft made for my JW and he told me his shafts started at $500 and went up from there. So stop giving the guy a hard time and either but the shaft or don't.

Mike