"Diamondizing" a Gold Crown III.. In Germany

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, if we are going to be consistent, your new rails are not gonna be up to his standards by a mile . Or maybe a few hundred miles.
And if we don't mince words, it's gonna be a hackery .

What you don't see, and will never be able to comprehend, is that almost daily I'm talking with table mechanics that contact me from around the world asking me how to do this or that...of which i spend a lot of time doing the best i can to help them understand how to work on pool tables better in order to help them improve their skills. What do YOU do to help improve this industry Joey?????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, if we are going to be consistent, your new rails are not gonna be up to his standards by a mile . Or maybe a few hundred miles.
And if we don't mince words, it's gonna be a hackery .

Next week my new billiards adhesive will be ready for world wide distribution, and I'm getting ready to start making free YouTube videos showing everyone that wants to learn, how to do the best work on pool tables!!!!!

What are YOU doing Joey???

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who was the POS who worked on that table?

RKC, with all due respect, the table that was so hacked up, if I may.

You and I both know Jim at the Cueball here in Salem Oregon, he's owned the place longer than I have lived. My Grandfather took me in there when he bought a cue from Jim in the late 60's. Jim has a legendary establishment with top notch people working for him. No one associated with him would ever do work that shitty and I don't want ANY reader in here to think Jims guys had anything to do with that table. He has the only establishment here in town that does what he does, there may be hacks on crackslist but not at Jims place.

I am just wondering WHO worked on that table, if no name is given, I will conclude that YOU were lied to and the owner did it himself. He was so ashamed of his own work that he lied to you. General Contractors deal with liars who can't admit they screwed up their own house, mechanics deal with dummies who screw up their own cars, the list could go on.

No installer does work that bad, I could do better blindfolded.

RKC, you have my fullest respect with tables, you had a call this summer from the buyer of my Gold Crown 4, we both read AZBilliards, your name was mentioned, he called you.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC, with all due respect, the table that was so hacked up, if I may.

You and I both know Jim at the Cueball here in Salem Oregon, he's owned the place longer than I have lived. My Grandfather took me in there when he bought a cue from Jim in the late 60's. Jim has a legendary establishment with top notch people working for him. No one associated with him would ever do work that shitty and I don't want ANY reader in here to think Jims guys had anything to do with that table. He has the only establishment here in town that does what he does, there may be hacks on crackslist but not at Jims place.

I am just wondering WHO worked on that table, if no name is given, I will conclude that YOU were lied to and the owner did it himself. He was so ashamed of his own work that he lied to you. General Contractors deal with liars who can't admit they screwed up their own house, mechanics deal with dummies who screw up their own cars, the list could go on.

No installer does work that bad, I could do better blindfolded.

RKC, you have my fullest respect with tables, you had a call this summer from the buyer of my Gold Crown 4, we both read AZBilliards, your name was mentioned, he called you.

I responded to your post in the main forum.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real simple Joey, post some pictures of the pocket work done by the table mechanics in California that look this good....shouldn't be hard to find good examples according to you. I'm ot talking about the rail work, I'm talking about the slate pocket shelf work!

Where are the “Shadows” ?
I was looking at some of the newly recovered tables where I play and can see lots of shadows.

Glenn, I was recently in Reno and the room owner was all giddy about his only GC 9’ table with Simonis. Anyways I was running my fingers along the Cushion nose and it felt like the rubber was scalloped like a serrated knife. What causes that? Our local room also has some of the same, just not as bad. Would that also effect the banking?

Thanks

d_day

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glenn, I was recently in Reno and the room owner was all giddy about his only GC 9’ table with Simonis. Anyways I was running my fingers along the Cushion nose and it felt like the rubber was scalloped like a serrated knife. What causes that? Our local room also has some of the same, just not as bad. Would that also effect the banking?

Thanks

That's from pulling the rail cloth too tight.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I responded to your post in the main forum.

What? As bizarre as anything I have seen on AZBilliards, why move it?

You have spent a few years with negative remarks about installers from my home town, I finally seen the photos, wow, bad workmanship no doubt. I asked YOU to name the installer who did it, YOU failed.

Then you go to the main page and talk about an installer in Coos Bay? What the fun is that? You go on to talk about Joey? Again, WTFun is that?

You failed to name the guy because there most likely was no such guy, did YOU meet the guy?

People who screw up their own stuff always make the claim they paid someone else to do the work, you never knew that?

Maybe you heard of a few of them, people who work on their house, screw it up and blame others, people do the same with their cars. I heard about a guy who wanted to save money by operating on his knee, took a corner too fast, hit some pebbles and went Bam Bam, the rider could not find blame in himself, it was the roads fault.

YOUR MOVE WAS WEAK PAL, hope my humor helped you to a good day, you need a hug and a good nights sleep.

Good day sweetie.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What? As bizarre as anything I have seen on AZBilliards, why move it?

You have spent a few years with negative remarks about installers from my home town, I finally seen the photos, wow, bad workmanship no doubt. I asked YOU to name the installer who did it, YOU failed.

Then you go to the main page and talk about an installer in Coos Bay? What the fun is that? You go on to talk about Joey? Again, WTFun is that?

You failed to name the guy because there most likely was no such guy, did YOU meet the guy?

People who screw up their own stuff always make the claim they paid someone else to do the work, you never knew that?

Maybe you heard of a few of them, people who work on their house, screw it up and blame others, people do the same with their cars. I heard about a guy who wanted to save money by operating on his knee, took a corner too fast, hit some pebbles and went Bam Bam, the rider could not find blame in himself, it was the roads fault.

YOUR MOVE WAS WEAK PAL, hope my humor helped you to a good day, you need a hug and a good nights sleep.

Good day sweetie.
Glad i could disappoint you sweetie, but when there's a wealth of information available to show installers how to do this line of work, and THEN they continue to perform this work on the same level as they have been doing, then they have NO excuse in their hack work, because they won't be able to blame it on lack of knowledge. As soon as i get my new glue with it labelled on the can, I'll be moving towards building a free installers library all about installing pool tables, cloth, slates, pretty much just what this industry has needed forever. Once that's accomplished, I'll be mentioning names with the hack work, believe that. Any by the way, i do know who did the hack work, and they were paid mechanics!!! But my intentions at this time are for the customers to do a little back ground checking into the work the mechanics have done in the past, before they hire them, then they can skip all the hack work being done on their pool tables. I post pictures of my work as to give the customers at least something to compare with, though I'm not expecting everyones work to be on my level, I'm hoping at least it's better than the hack work I've shown.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, some constructive criticism for you, take it or leave it;)

It seems to me that your message over the years has been "I want to improve the skills of the table installers".

I think you would have better success in getting your message across if you used a different approach. Right now, you argue with everyone on AZB. We are actually the fanatics that care the most about a table being "right". We are not the bangers who have no clue.

Your approach now is yelling at me or Joey or whoever else for hating the way Diamond rails play. Or saying someone like JChambers is doing things wrong, when it is obvious from simple pictures of his work that he is just as skilled as you are.

Or the way you answer questions, in a disorganized manner. You started a thread on the main forum, titled it with a forum members screenname, and then went on to blast some unknown mechanics work.

Its all haphazard.

You stated you are starting a youtube channel with your glue and install techniques for the mechanics who want to improve their knowledge and skill. May I suggest for that youtube channel, that you try a different format? One that is not argumentative? For example, you can show how to put the staples on the rail of a table your way. Then, YOU install the staples the "wrong" way on another rail. And show the difference side by side, and how it affects the end product both visually and from a play standpoint. Since you are doing both the right and wrong way yourself, you can control all the camera angles, lighting, etc, and you are not directly yelling at xyzzy mechanic. As opposed to yelling at every other mechanic on your video and say "you all suck" which is pretty much what you have been doing here for 10 years.

If you endgame is to improve the table mech industry, I feel like a more positive approach will allow more mechs to want to watch your videos, and take your instruction. Rather than you yelling at them all.

And for the love of pool, please stop yelling at us serious players who don't like the way diamond rails react. You know its a legit thing. And although it can be affected by installation, that is not the root cause.

IMO:)

Sorry Rus for further hijacking your thread!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, some constructive criticism for you, take it or leave it;)

It seems to me that your message over the years has been "I want to improve the skills of the table installers".

I think you would have better success in getting your message across if you used a different approach. Right now, you argue with everyone on AZB. We are actually the fanatics that care the most about a table being "right". We are not the bangers who have no clue.

Your approach now is yelling at me or Joey or whoever else for hating the way Diamond rails play. Or saying someone like JChambers is doing things wrong, when it is obvious from simple pictures of his work that he is just as skilled as you are.

Or the way you answer questions, in a disorganized manner. You started a thread on the main forum, titled it with a forum members screenname, and then went on to blast some unknown mechanics work.

Its all haphazard.

You stated you are starting a youtube channel with your glue and install techniques for the mechanics who want to improve their knowledge and skill. May I suggest for that youtube channel, that you try a different format? One that is not argumentative? For example, you can show how to put the staples on the rail of a table your way. Then, YOU install the staples the "wrong" way on another rail. And show the difference side by side, and how it affects the end product both visually and from a play standpoint. Since you are doing both the right and wrong way yourself, you can control all the camera angles, lighting, etc, and you are not directly yelling at xyzzy mechanic. As opposed to yelling at every other mechanic on your video and say "you all suck" which is pretty much what you have been doing here for 10 years.

If you endgame is to improve the table mech industry, I feel like a more positive approach will allow more mechs to want to watch your videos, and take your instruction. Rather than you yelling at them all.

And for the love of pool, please stop yelling at us serious players who don't like the way diamond rails react. You know its a legit thing. And although it can be affected by installation, that is not the root cause.

IMO:)

Sorry Rus for further hijacking your thread!
I showed a WRONG way of installing staples in the rails??...LOL OK. Do you understand the difference in trimming off the excess rail cloth with a razor blade vs scissors? What pisses me off about you AZB members is how quickly you try to imply you know how to correct me in my line of work, when you don't have a clue. And for the record, quote a post where I've slammed Jeremy's work!!! And as far as not liking how Diamond rails play....you're in the 1% of 1% while the rest of the world loves how they play!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I showed a WRONG way of installing staples in the rails??...LOL OK. Do you understand the difference in trimming off the excess rail cloth with a razor blade vs scissors? What pisses me off about you AZB members is how quickly you try to imply you know how to correct me in my line of work, when you don't have a clue. And for the record, quote a post where I've slammed Jeremy's work!!! And as far as not liking how Diamond rails play....you're in the 1% of 1% while the rest of the world loves how they play!!

ha ha ha. Case in point;)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But damn, you missed the whole point of my post. Unbelievable.

I'll try again, because I would like a nice finished product of your instructional material.

You can use "FOR EXAMPLE" the right way, and the wrong way, to trim the excess cloth on the rails. Demo them both on your videos. Do one rail one way, and a second another way (or even both ways on the same rail). Take good video of both methods, since you will be in control of everything. (as opposed to a prior mechanics's work). Then finish setting them up. Show what visual affect both methods have (if any). Show what playability affect both methods have (if any). Use this type of method to show current and future mechanics why one way is better than another for trimming the excess cloth.

REPEAT this format for any other table assembly method. Such as the staples on the rails, or glue vs staples on the bed, or the way you stretch the cloth, etc. etc. You demo the best and the not so best method. Keep other mechanics out of it. That is what will keep it positive. That will be more likely, imo, for the mechanics you are trying to reach to want to watch it.

DON'T yell at other mechanics and say you all suck on your videos or text. They won't want to watch you or learn from you if you treat them like assholes.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But damn, you missed the whole point of my post. Unbelievable.

I'll try again, because I would like a nice finished product of your instructional material.

You can use "FOR EXAMPLE" the right way, and the wrong way, to trim the excess cloth on the rails. Demo them both on your videos. Do one rail one way, and a second another way (or even both ways on the same rail). Take good video of both methods, since you will be in control of everything. (as opposed to a prior mechanics's work). Then finish setting them up. Show what visual affect both methods have (if any). Show what playability affect both methods have (if any). Use this type of method to show current and future mechanics why one way is better than another for trimming the excess cloth.

REPEAT this format for any other table assembly method. Such as the staples on the rails, or glue vs staples on the bed, or the way you stretch the cloth, etc. etc. You demo the best and the not so best method. Keep other mechanics out of it. That is what will keep it positive. That will be more likely, imo, for the mechanics you are trying to reach to want to watch it.

DON'T yell at other mechanics and say you all suck on your videos or text. They won't want to watch you or learn from you if you treat them like assholes.

So let me get this straight....LOL if i were a math teacher, and i was teaching my students that 5+5=10.....to drive the point home, i should show them a 1,000 ways that DON'T add up to 5+5=10.....so that they learn how to add....LMAO

If i just teach the correct way, and they learn the correct way....why on earth would i waste my time teaching all the ways that are NOT the correct way, when my CORRECT way is the end result???

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this straight....LOL if i were a math teacher, and i was teaching my students that 5+5=10.....to drive the point home, i should show them a 1,000 ways that DON'T add up to 5+5=10.....so that they learn how to add....LMAO

If i just teach the correct way, and they learn the correct way....why on earth would i waste my time teaching all the ways that are NOT the correct way, when my CORRECT way is the end result???

You sir, are not understanding his point and him trying to convince you is an effort in futility and frustration. Best of luck with your YouTube Channel. I hope you accomplish what you are setting out to do.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well sir, the Simonis cloth installation DVDs seem to be doing their job, quite a few people are installing cloth on GC rails right up there with the best in the country, and quite a few have gotten A- quality on their very first set of rails they've worked on, so teaching wrong don't seem to me to be as important as teaching right in the first place.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, its helpful to show both a mediocre way, and a great way, when teaching someone. Especially if you want someone to change that has been using the mediocre way for many years.

But really, the main reason I suggested this, is so you won't yell at everyone watching your videos, like you do here on AZ. Whether it is your customer, or a fellow mechanic, you yell at everyone equally.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, its helpful to show both a mediocre way, and a great way, when teaching someone. Especially if you want someone to change that has been using the mediocre way for many years.

But really, the main reason I suggested this, is so you won't yell at everyone watching your videos, like you do here on AZ. Whether it is your customer, or a fellow mechanic, you yell at everyone equally.

That's so no one can accuse me of discrimination!!;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And i guarantee you, you WON'T find a single person I've taught ANYTHING to that will tell you i yelled at them, belittled them, or give up on teaching them! All i know for sure is this, if the working installers don't want to up their skills, the homeowners will step up and do their own table work better than they can hire it out to be done!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Furthermore, if you'll go back and take a look at those who I've argued with here on AZB....you'll notice is always the same group of members, which is but a small percentage of all the members that read a d reply on AZB....now why do you suppose that is? You should know the answer to that one, as you're one of the ones always trying to butt heads with me, just like Joey does. I'm great at what i do for work, NOT because i say so like all of you seem to miss the point on, but because of the work i do, THAT is what sets me apart from everyone else. Like Mark Gregory is great at the work he produces, i have done work on pool tables a d in this industry that NO ONE else has ever dreamed of doing. I stand alone as Mark does too, but we do completely different things in our own line of work, so pay attention and take a real hard look at who i argue with before you start accusing me of arguing with everyone, and yelling at everyone!!