bacon bites

;) rock the chalk
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   1
the word is out...

jacoby custom cues has a carbon fiber shaft

will release between Jan and April.

I am taking orders if anyone is interested.

price is 475$
12.5mm with ferrule
pro taper
kamui tan soft clear is the OEM tip

text me for pics and any questions

thanks

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Lol...has anyone come up with a reasoning as to why carbon fiber seems to be the new gold. Selling shafts for $450-$600+ highly limits their customers. Make them $250 and sell 1000X as many....but, if they were reasonably priced it wouldn’t be the American way :shrug:

Edit: Didnt realize this was in the for sale section, damn phone is hard to see sometimes....after reading this again, this statement has nothing to do with the OP's for sale items. Almost sounds like I knocked them, which isnt the case...FWIW I would buy a Jacoby carbon fiber shaft over a Predator if I were in the market for one:grin:

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol...has anyone come up with a reasoning as to why carbon fiber seems to be the new gold. Selling shafts for $450-$600+ highly limits their customers. Make them $250 and sell 1000X as many....but, if they were reasonably priced it wouldn’t be the American way :shrug:

Why is ANY "production" wood shaft over $200?

It ISN'T because of the "materials" in them...they are wood.

I find it funny that people keep talking about the $400+ price range for the carbon shafts. Does anybody on here ever to go a fancy restaurant to eat, or do they all eat at McDonald's? Go to any "good" streak place and eat and it will cost you over $200 for two people and you'll have that steak "passed" in a day or two.

Why do some tips sell for $30? That is insane. Same goes for $30 chalk. Yet, people buy it.

People with lots of fancy custom cues in their closets, waiting for the "big haul" to get rid of them, may have waited too long. I see carbon fiber overtaking the "expensive" wood shaft market, even if they sell for twice as much as the wood shafts.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jacoby is a fine name in cue-making & maybe the shaft they are releasing will be the cat's meow
in carbon fibre technology. The billiard marketplace needs new energy so I wish Jacoby success.

I think that modern day players are looking for an edge when it comes to equipment whereas some
older players like me subscribe to the belief it's never the arrow's fault when it misses...it's the archer.
IMO, improving your skills, stroke & knowledge will accomplish more than just ordering a new CF shaft.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Jacoby is a fine name in cue-making & maybe the shaft they are releasing will be the cat's meow
in carbon fibre technology. The billiard marketplace needs new energy so I wish Jacoby success.

I think that modern day players are looking for an edge when it comes to equipment whereas some
older players like me subscribe to the belief it's never the arrow's fault when it misses...it's the archer.
IMO, improving your skills, stroke & knowledge will accomplish more than just ordering a new CF shaft.

The most long-winded ad knocking I've ever seen

marinemike0931

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't buy because I think it "shoots a straighter arrow"... I'd buy because it's shoots an arrow just as straight, but without the worries of it dinging or scratching after a drop... Or the worry of it warping when I forget it in my truck on hot summer day.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Shot with one of the earlier prototypes at the International Open. Hit very well. Was impressed.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I am old and old school. I haven't been convinced of the carbon shafts yet. A friend has a Revo and he is going to let me try it out next week. It had better jump thru hoops before I cut loose of $500. I still say a good player can shoot with just about anything. It is nice though to have a cue that just feels good in your hands. I can't fault anybody for that.