new tar series in vegas

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Mark and Justin stopped working together????

I don't think it was for anything other than what they were doing was not profitable. I talked for a bit with Bobby Cotton at Griffs this past summer (one of the benefits of being friends with a guy that does commentating, you get introduced to people. My son and I got a table directly behind the commentators and were hanging out all day with them and some players) and the thing I got from the TAR run is that it was just not getting enough people paying for the stream to keep it going.

Justin also said several times that getting players scheduled that people would pay to watch was not very easy. There are a few places he commented when someone asked why Shane was there so much, the reason was that he would go and play without much fuss or demands.

I don't really have inside info about exactly what happened with TAR aside from just that it did not make enough money to stay with what they were doing, but I have talked to people that were involved like Bobby and read what Justin put out here and on Facebook. I don't think there was any secret agenda as to why there is no more TAR or conflicts between the owners. Just a combination of not enough butts in the seats and the challenge of getting a good flow of players to play that we would pay to watch. I mean how many times would we pay to see Shane vs Bustie, or Shane vs Earl, or Earl vs Bustie or Shane vs Earl again, etc.. ? Especially when you also see the same thing in any number of tournaments.

The podcasts they did before the matches were as good or not better than the matches to me. And those were put out free on YouTube. I think those are the things that should be paid for, not a race to 100 in 10 ball LOL

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not a guess; Justin and Mark were public about their break up. Recall TAR quit doing new matches, citing insufficient customer interest to justify the fixed costs. Justin said he was going to return to some unspecified non-pool job. Then a month or two later they announced Mark was hiring Justin to be part of CSI.

Justin worked at CSI for a year or so then posted (FB I believe) that he was quitting and that he and Mark would not be working together ever again. Justin was obviously mad about something but I don’t believe it’s ever been publicly discussed.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Justin also said several times that getting players scheduled that people would pay to watch was not very easy. There are a few places he commented when someone asked why Shane was there so much, the reason was that he would go and play without much fuss or demands.....
Even though Shane appeared in so many TAR matches, it didn't bother me at all, since Shane is one of the most technically skilled and rated players. I love to watch him play. In fact, now I'm spoiled and I really don't like watching anyone play that isn't very highly skilled. Many times now, if it isn't a really big tournament with many great players, I will likely only buy the last day so I can watch only the very best battle it out.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If not, they could always use the bonus ball arena. Man those 'businessmen' were smart!!

The bonus ball arena still exists? I'm curious to details about it. Is it just sitting there unused with all the scorebaords and table? Was there only one table in there?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bonus ball arena still exists? I'm curious to details about it. Is it just sitting there unused with all the scorebaords and table? Was there only one table in there?

Wtf?! Seriously? You think there is the possibility the bogus ball people still have a building for their 'product'?

Lemme give you a little life advice:
A- $, $, more money
2- you can't eat leaves and shit money.