Aiming

Pool nerd

Banned
Ok so ive been lurking for some time and ive tried to read a few threads on aiming techniques but as soon as it turns into a bash thread i quite reading and loose intrest.

is there anyone willing to explain CTE in a non bias, or hatefull way?

make it gomer pyle style lol

not looking for the ultimate secret to winning here just looking to expand my knowledge base.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The truth is that CTE is much easier to explain and demonstrate in person, on the table, than it is to explain here. You do know there is an "aiming" subforum, right?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Roadie

Banned
Many people are willing to explain it in a peaceful manner. Non-biased though is harder because for the people who use CTE it generally works well for them to the point of over-enthusiasm.

Your best bet would be to book a lesson with a qualified instructor or purchase Stan Shuffet's DVD. www.justcueit.com That way you are getting professional level instruction by those who have learned to teach.

If you want to try to learn it informally I suggest that you look in the Aiming section for the proponents and make friends with them privately. I did that and received a lot of good information and instruction. You will probably not escape the negative antagonists if you attempt to learn it publicly through the forum.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all the years of fighting about this, there has not been a definitive "written" guide available for this system.

There is Stan's DVD available now. If you truly want to learn it, go straight to the source and buy his DVD. I think its about $40. If you hate it, you can probably sell it on here in 30 minutes or less for $20. So in the end, it would cost you $20 or so to find the information you are looking for.

Again, if you have been turned off like you said about threads turning into flame wars, go right to the source and get the DVD.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
In all the years of fighting about this, there has not been a definitive "written" guide available for this system.

There is Stan's DVD available now. If you truly want to learn it, go straight to the source and buy his DVD. I think its about $40. If you hate it, you can probably sell it on here in 30 minutes or less for $20. So in the end, it would cost you $20 or so to find the information you are looking for.

Again, if you have been turned off like you said about threads turning into flame wars, go right to the source and get the DVD.

really hard to argue with this logic. That is if logic is your thing.

Pool nerd

Banned
really hard to argue with this logic. That is if logic is your thing.

Its really hard to not think you have a attitude with how you type and your avatar combined.

I had to read it twice lol

but your right ill just buy the dvd its probably easier than reading through the BS in the aiming section.

thanks everyone.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
is there anyone willing to explain CTE in a non bias, or hatefull way?
Make up your mind. Do you want unbiased or do you want hateful? Never mind; I can do both.

CTE is a mashup of "fractional" and "pivot" systems. It's a fractional system because it teaches you to begin by lining up the CB's edge with various parts of the OB (1/4, 1/2, 3/4) and then adjust from there to the actual shot alignment. It's a pivot system because it then teaches you to make the needed adjustment by shifting your shaft sideways offline and then pivoting back to centerball.

Both fractional and pivot systems teach you to have a consistent starting lineup for each shot, which is valuable. The starting lineup is chosen from a handful of options (1/4, 1/2, 3/4) to get you "in the ballpark", and the pivot is supposed to finish the aiming job.

The controversy is usually about these questions:

- Can a pivot really "finish the aiming job" accurately? Does this kind of system really reduce the need for "feel" in aiming? Is it harmful or beneficial to pretend the need for "feel" is eliminated? (NOTE: Not every CTE user believes it eliminates "feel"; but some still do. And plenty more wish it could.)

- Does the pivot erase the benefit of the careful starting lineup?

There's also a false controversy about whether or not CTE "works". This controversy is really just a miscommunication about the different meanings of "works".

pj
chgo

M4verick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's also a false controversy about whether or not CTE "works". This controversy is really just a miscommunication about the different meanings of "works".

pj
chgo

Could you elaborate this a little more ?

So does it works ?:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

pj
chgo
M4verick:
Could you elaborate this a little more ?
Those who say CTE can't work usually mean it isn't a cure-all. Those who say it does work usually mean it helps them somehow.

It's the "absolutists" on both sides who argue the most - with the least results.

pj
chgo

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Buy Pro one,Stan will more than be happy to help you along your way.
RonV is coming out with a dvd soon which is the 90/90 system which I think mite be easier for you to understand.
There has been a lot of debates(the good the bad and the ugly) on here about cte and to be honest it was needed .(to bring the truth out on these mysterious aiming systems)
Players that already have a good ideal how to play can easily work these systems into there game.(After learning the systems you mite get creative and come up with some of your own ideals on pivoting,I did):wink:
Dont be fooled about these systems they wont make you a killer player,thats on you.
One more thing if your thinking hey Landon and Stevie Moore use the system it must really must be the answer for aiming. Wrong,Im in agreement with some others that they played well before learning the system,they just added to there game.:smile:

Sorry for my bad typing and spelling,I have been told there are 2 sides to a smart fence and Im on the wrong side.
Not really I bought a cheap laptop and it dosnt really spell to good.:grin:

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we all got suckered. LOL. I had a feeling this guy was just here to stir sh!t. This nerd guy was another poster who made up a second screen name just to ask this question.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy Pro one,Stan will more than be happy to help you along your way.
RonV is coming out with a dvd soon which is the 90/90 system which I think mite be easier for you to understand.
There has been a lot of debates(the good the bad and the ugly) on here about cte and to be honest it was needed .(to bring the truth out on these mysterious aiming systems)
Players that already have a good ideal how to play can easily work these systems into there game.(After learning the systems you mite get creative and come up with some of your own ideals on pivoting,I did):wink:
Dont be fooled about these systems they wont make you a killer player,thats on you.
One more thing if your thinking hey Landon and Stevie Moore use the system it must really must be the answer for aiming. Wrong,Im in agreement with some others that they played well before learning the system,they just added to there game.:smile:
Talked with Ron Vitello last week. His video is being edited. He hopes it will be ready in November. I agree with those that say it's not a magic pill. These systems work, and are simply another way to deliver the CB to the contact point. You still have to put in the table time. I don't think any of the aiming systems are a shortcut. GB included. Everyone sees things a little different. One system may simply be easier to improve with than another for any of us. After about 8 phone lessons. I flew to New York to take a lesson in person with Ron Vitello. Some of the best money I've ever spent!

Last edited: