Plz e-sign a petition to re-open pool halls

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Opinions are like a holes. Everybody has one.

Quit infringing on people's rights. This includes small business owners and people choosing to patronize them.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Quit infringing on people's rights. This includes small business owners and people choosing to patronize them.

Well, perhaps you can correct me, but I don't believe these rights are expressly granted anywhere in our nation's laws. The right to conduct a business without interruption does not, as far as I know, exist in America or any other nation.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
SJM is too nice a guy so I'll do it.
Quite the little asshole aren't you, Jason?

I'm not the one wanting people to lose everything they worked for you idiot.

And yes, this is one of the few things I've ever disagreed with him about, but I feel as strongly about this as he does, just the opposite direction.

I really don't give a shit what you think

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
My local place, Mile High Billiards in Arvada, CO, has been open for weeks, and I've gone and played a good half dozen times. I feel bad for those of you that live in places where that isn't allowed.

fortunately there is a place open near me that has jumped through all "their" hoops.

I went and played today and will probably go tomorrow, 2 + months on nights, its nice to be back to normal and off the next 3 months :D

Will probably head to Florida for a month or so, rooms in Tampa were open in July when I was there, hopefully still open.

Glad you're getting to play, enjoy it

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

And yes, this is one of the few things I've ever disagreed with him about, but I feel as strongly about this as he does, just the opposite direction.

He may mean like the NY "Government" aka "Governor" putting Covid infected folks into nursing homes?

Brilliant - trust the Government to know best.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
In Pennsylvania, we have a republican congress and senate but the democratic Govenor keeps blocking all attempts to open bars/restaurants and pool rooms from his draconian and non-science based rules.

Stu,
I can't answer for Matt but our governor here just a day ago agreed to let bars open at 30%. Bars with pool tables. Many had been open anyway without problems,
technically they weren't supposed to be under the regulations regarding bowling alleys etc. If I understand it right. If a place has food they can get away with saying
they are a restaurant which at this time is not shut down. So the complaint probably raised health concerns and police were sent. In North Carolina it will take an act of
Congress to undo this. That woman needs to be barred for a long time from all those rooms she effectively may close.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

He never said that.
There was a better way.
45 chose the wrong path.
Have fun in FLA though!
Real genius running that state.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
In Pennsylvania, we have a republican congress and senate but the democratic Govenor keeps blocking all attempts to open bars/restaurants and pool rooms from his draconian and non-science based rules.

I believe Stu thought I was inferring that laws were being broken and no they weren't being broken. Our governor here has done a good job with the virus so
far but conditions are not ideal for people that need to open and keep their businesses going.

It does not help when people go in and see folks unmasked as if this thing doesn't exist but that's on them.

When our President, his family, members of his administration and campaign are affected so easily we surely have a problem. Let us hope we develop better
techniques to treat it as well a immunize for it. I have underlying conditions that would surely kill me so I am at home where I am going to stay.

Other countries are doing better by businesses and people and we always seem behind them in most every regard where as it comes to people. Sad really.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He never said that.
There was a better way.
45 chose the wrong path.
Have fun in FLA though!
Real genius running that state.

Another Trump hating math idiot

~ 33,000 dead in NY

~14,400 dead in FL

Sure, trust the idiot running NY.

How can people be this stupid???

People trust the person who has killed literally DOUBLE any other state, and if you count NY south(NJ) it becomes damn near 50,000, but the guy running Florida is an idiot:rolleyes:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Another Trump hating math idiot

~ 33,000 dead in NY

~14,400 dead in FL

Sure, trust the idiot running NY.

How can people be this stupid???

People trust the person who has killed literally DOUBLE any other state, and if you count NY south(NJ) it becomes damn near 50,000, but the guy running Florida is an idiot:rolleyes:
You thinking you proved something, and then calling others "stupid". Classic!
Cherry pick much?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Cherry pick? You can't be that stupid, can you?

Nevermind^^^^^^^
You chose to come at a great member of our site.
Additionally, you are omitting a ton of information in your subsequent posts.
Your COVID comments fit your narrative on the surface. The real story goes much deeper.
We're getting into NPR territory.
Enjoy your bliss.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You chose to come at a great member of our site.
Additionally, you are omitting a ton of information in your subsequent posts.
Your COVID comments fit your narrative on the surface. The real story goes much deeper.
We're getting into NPR territory.
Enjoy your bliss.

Sure did, anybody wanting to see businesses shut down isn't a great member of society.

Then saying they trust the person who is in charge of by far the most deaths in the country???

I can disagree with stu on this and still agree with 99% of everything thing else he says.

You're the one with your panties in a knot.

Glad you are an expert on covid and why NY has done such a great job:rolleyes:

What else has the TV told you?

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor me...

signed....

BS politicians who pick and choose who they want to suppress. Pool is always getting the shaft (no pun intended). Politicians hate us.

Side note, they shut down golf early and that was the safest thing you could do at the time.

Vote...

Can we sing you’re post to the tune of “Poor,poor, pitiful me”. And let’s have a pity party at the same time. Make sure you invite Linda Ronstadt. ������

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Sure did, anybody wanting to see businesses shut down isn't a great member of society.

Then saying they trust the person who is in charge of by far the most deaths in the country???

I can disagree with stu on this and still agree with 99% of everything thing else he says.

You're the one with your panties in a knot.

Glad you are an expert on covid and why NY has done such a great job:rolleyes:

What else has the TV told you?
I could make a fortune off your type, betting on what you "think" my tv records show.
Lame, lazy assumptions.
Easy $$.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I could make a fortune off your type, betting on what you "think" my tv records show.
Lame, lazy assumptions.
Easy $$.

Most people put down the shovel when they get in over their head - I have to admire your dedication

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Children.......don’t make the Mods place you in a timeout........enuf with trading sarcasms that accomplished very little.

Our nation is racing toward 400,000 COVID deaths by New Year. #45 & Mrs even caught it along with everyone else in the WH.

Just be practical, civil, and don’t behave like a Doubting Thomas because you are helping spread COVID by your failure to change.