Plz e-sign a petition to re-open pool halls

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense intended but a petition is unlikely to get anything reopened.

The politicians are the ones who are shutting down businesses and deciding which are "essential". In some areas the gym isn't essential but the liquor store is. The gym isn't essential because the gym didn't bribe the politician to become essential.

Raise a bunch of money to pay a politician and the pool hall will become essential. Unfortunately that's how America works in 2020.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Children.......don’t make the Mods place you in a timeout........enuf with trading sarcasms that accomplished very little.

Our nation is racing toward 400,000 COVID deaths by New Year. #45 & Mrs even caught it along with everyone else in the WH.

Just be practical, civil, and don’t behave like a Doubting Thomas because you are helping spread COVID by your failure to change.

I'm not sure how we're spreading covid by not changing?

I sat right next to a guy and shared a computer with him for 3 days who tested positive.

They gave him the test on Monday when he arrived and the results came back Wed. He had a follow up test and that was also positive. 5 of us sitting within a few feet of each other for 3 days and nobody else got it, and the person who tested positive still wouldn't know he had it if he wasn't tested.

I'm 50, and 3 of the other people are older than me into early 60s.

You're either gonna get it or you're not, shutting down businesses and ruining lives isn't helping.

I wonder how people aren't dying by the millions by going into Walmart? Just lucky? Is Walmart a safe place where you cannot catch it?
Does sitting vs standing keep you from catching it?
Does eating a sandwich stop it?
Watching a movie during dinner will cause you to get it?
Apparently drinking alcohol while playing pool will kill you while not drinking alcohol keeps you safe? But having food at a bar keeps you safe while drinking?

These are the people they are trusting to make good decisions about OUR Health and Livelihoods?

Whatever happend to rational thinking?

Have a great day B

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
I'm the owner of the pool room that had the complaints. The first 3 complaints came from an APA player that could not get on a team due to the fact that this person creates issues for every team they are on. The 4th complaint came from another customer that joined and APA team, tried to come in as a skill level 3 but it was discovered that they had played before as a 7, was made to play as a 7 and got beaten. In both cases, these customers had no issue with our bar, the issue was with the league. Unfortunately, they called on us to get back back at the league.

That said, the local police did not want to make us close. Unfortunately after the 4th complaint, their hands were tied and they had to report back to the District Attorney what my intentions were. I told them that I would not close until I got a letter in writing that I had to close. The very next day I received a cease and desist letter from the city. Now I will have to wait until the Governor allows bars/poolrooms to open or risk arrest.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I'm the owner of the pool room that had the complaints. The first 3 complaints came from an APA player that could not get on a team due to the fact that this person creates issues for every team they are on. The 4th complaint came from another customer that joined and APA team, tried to come in as a skill level 3 but it was discovered that they had played before as a 7, was made to play as a 7 and got beaten. In both cases, these customers had no issue with our bar, the issue was with the league. Unfortunately, they called on us to get back back at the league.

That said, the local police did not want to make us close. Unfortunately after the 4th complaint, their hands were tied and they had to report back to the District Attorney what my intentions were. I told them that I would not close until I got a letter in writing that I had to close. The very next day I received a cease and desist letter from the city. Now I will have to wait until the Governor allows bars/poolrooms to open or risk arrest.

Thanks for chiming in Don. Dave (a different pool hall owner) tells me there's a Zoom meeting tomorrow with the police. He didn't sound overly optimistic though. Best of fortune to get rolling again soon!

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Children.......don’t make the Mods place you in a timeout........enuf with trading sarcasms that accomplished very little.

Our nation is racing toward 400,000 COVID deaths by New Year. #45 & Mrs even caught it along with everyone else in the WH.

Just be practical, civil, and don’t behave like a Doubting Thomas because you are helping spread COVID by your failure to change.

You're dillusional if you believe any of that shit ^^^.
Wake the **** up people!!
None of this is about your health or safety :rolleyes:.
Come on election, because covid will dissappear like a fart in the wind once its over.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you like to place a large wager on that point held by a escrow agent in Vegas?
You name the amount....any...hundreds, thousands...you are an idiot to think that way.
COVID is not going to just disappear. I’m pulling for you to contract it so you can eat crow.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
LOL you summed up the idiot governors orders in Pa. perfectly. Have a bite to eat with a beer and your safe....

It was also remarkable how industries and factories were shut down except for his cabinet business. :p

I'm not sure how we're spreading covid by not changing?

I sat right next to a guy and shared a computer with him for 3 days who tested positive.

They gave him the test on Monday when he arrived and the results came back Wed. He had a follow up test and that was also positive. 5 of us sitting within a few feet of each other for 3 days and nobody else got it, and the person who tested positive still wouldn't know he had it if he wasn't tested.

I'm 50, and 3 of the other people are older than me into early 60s.

You're either gonna get it or you're not, shutting down businesses and ruining lives isn't helping.

I wonder how people aren't dying by the millions by going into Walmart? Just lucky? Is Walmart a safe place where you cannot catch it?
Does sitting vs standing keep you from catching it?
Does eating a sandwich stop it?
Watching a movie during dinner will cause you to get it?
Apparently drinking alcohol while playing pool will kill you while not drinking alcohol keeps you safe? But having food at a bar keeps you safe while drinking?

These are the people they are trusting to make good decisions about OUR Health and Livelihoods?

Whatever happend to rational thinking?

Have a great day B

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Would you like to place a large wager on that point held by a escrow agent in Vegas?
You name the amount....any...hundreds, thousands...you are an idiot to think that way.
COVID is not going to just disappear. I’m pulling for you to contract it so you can eat crow.

I think I already had it back in Feb. I hadn't had so much as a cold in 28 years, was down for 3 or 4 days. Unlike the left, most of us don't wish for anybody to get sick.

I know you were responding to somebody else, I also know you probably don't mean that.

Gate City

Silver Member
While I do hope that Greensboro reopens its pool rooms ASAP so that the fine people of Greensboro, more than a few of who I've met, can return to enjoying the game they enjoy, this story just doesn't add up.

Step 1 A lady is upset that her league team doesn't want her back.

Step 2 She tells the police and, despite no indications of anything pertinent to COVID, the police decide that this merits police investigation.

Step 3 The police visit the pool hall indicated and, despite seeing nothing of pertinence to careless safety practices with respect to COVID, they shut the room down and all poolrooms in Greensboro.

If that's the story I'm expected to believe, I refuse to do so. I cannot imagine a police investigation resulting solely from a claim concerning the inner politics of a league team, nor can I imagine a closing down of all Greensboro pool rooms in the absence of any evidence that safety measures were not being observed by the poolroom investigated.

Matt, you're one of the good guys in the world of pool, but I must ask "Why were the rooms shut down?"

We were shut down because we were not supposed to be open as per the Governor's Executive Order. Law Enforcement was trying very hard to allow us to continue to keep our businesses open so we could survive. After four complaints, they had to act. I do not fault Greensboro PD. I fault the idiots that complained.

Gate City

Silver Member
Thanks for chiming in Don. Dave (a different pool hall owner) tells me there's a Zoom meeting tomorrow with the police. He didn't sound overly optimistic though. Best of fortune to get rolling again soon!

I was on that Zoom meeting today. Nothing new was offered.

Gate City

Silver Member
Stu,
I can't answer for Matt but our governor here just a day ago agreed to let bars open at 30%. Bars with pool tables. Many had been open anyway without problems,
technically they weren't supposed to be under the regulations regarding bowling alleys etc. If I understand it right. If a place has food they can get away with saying
they are a restaurant which at this time is not shut down. So the complaint probably raised health concerns and police were sent. In North Carolina it will take an act of
Congress to undo this. That woman needs to be barred for a long time from all those rooms she effectively may close.
Bars in NC can only open for outside service at 30% of posted outdoor capacity. If none, 7 people per 1,000 sqft.

Gate City

Silver Member
That's where we disagree. I understand that the survival of many a small business is threatened by the policies and restrictions that states have imposed, but those businesses that try to subtly sidestep the rules are not, in my opinion, without blame, as they compromise public safety. Every one of us knows business proprietors facing very difficult times, and we ache for them and wish them better times, but they have a societal responsibility, too.

Having not played pool even once in the last seven months, I'm aching to have the pool hall that's just 200 yards from where I live reopen, but not until New York State deems it safe. I badly want to go to the movies, and go to sporting events, and also go to concerts, but the state does not deem such activities safe quite yet. Should a movie theater that serves food reopen as a restaurant that also shows movies? No, it shouldn't and if they do, I hope the state shuts them down.

The state works off far better information than I'll ever be privy to so, from my vantage point, letting them run the show is the way to go, whether or not I agree or disagree with every last detail of their policies.
If the State thinks that closing bars is for the public good, don't you think the public should financially support this decision? Or, do you think we should all go out of business for the greater good?

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's where we disagree. I understand that the survival of many a small business is threatened by the policies and restrictions that states have imposed, but those businesses that try to subtly sidestep the rules are not, in my opinion, without blame, as they compromise public safety. Every one of us knows business proprietors facing very difficult times, and we ache for them and wish them better times, but they have a societal responsibility, too.

Having not played pool even once in the last seven months, I'm aching to have the pool hall that's just 200 yards from where I live reopen, but not until New York State deems it safe. I badly want to go to the movies, and go to sporting events, and also go to concerts, but the state does not deem such activities safe quite yet. Should a movie theater that serves food reopen as a restaurant that also shows movies? No, it shouldn't and if they do, I hope the state shuts them down.

The state works off far better information than I'll ever be privy to so, from my vantage point, letting them run the show is the way to go, whether or not I agree or disagree with every last detail of their policies.

Correction the blatant stupidity of people buying into the bullshit is the threat to public safety.

Gate City

Silver Member
What I would like to know, is why almost everything these days has to turn into a partisan issue? Even worse, if someone doesn't agree with your position, they are stupid. What the hell people. Matt started a post to try to get support for opening pool and billiards businesses. Agree or disagree is fine, keep the political BS out of it.

If people truly want to make America great again, its time to focus on rowing in the same direction. We can still fight along the way.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Most people put down the shovel when they get in over their head - I have to admire your dedication
Sorry. My "enjoy your bliss" comment usually ends debate for me.
Your idiotic (unoriginal) tv comment brought me back.
Shovel? Lol
You are indeed "full of bliss."

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Not saying this pool hall wouldn't but....
In my area we have many people posting videos of their tournaments.
Lets just say the mask wearing is minimal at best.
And they're advertising it right on fb!
Setting a very bad example.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course I do not want anyone to suffer from getting this virus and incurring all that comes with it, including possibly dying.
However, when idiots keep spewing lies and falsehoods about the virus not being a significant, real threat to everyone and at the
same time don’t adhere to guidelines that everyone resents, they are actually help spread the virus by their actions & statements.

They might not be infected today but there is always tomorrow. If and when that occurred, they’d become unintentional spreaders of COVID-19.
So the only way these people learn is by first hand experience with the virus. And the faster they learn, the quicker the virus gets defeated.
I want this virus to be conquered as much as you. Ergo, if these jerks need to get infected to learn & stop spreading lies, then so be it....Nuf Ced.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I understand the desire to open pool rooms, but a petition is useless. It's a combination of state and county regulations. Petitions are useless.

It's something you have to ride out, and if you don't live in a state or county you like, then you need to move to another one. Not a sermon, just the truth.

All the best,
WW

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

Do you ever think for yourself, research for yourself, or do you just bend over and take whatever the liberal media wants to shove up your ass?