The Most Powerful Stroke, Past & Present...???

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hard enough for me to pot balls when playing center ball at pocket speed and for many, yes, me included, adding power and stroke and draw, or follow or side spin all present added challenges to maintaining accuracy.

I'm amazed watching some players who can stay accurate when applying monster strokes and so I was wondering who you all think possesses the biggest stroke these days and who had it in the past.

For present day, I'm going to nominate Mike Dechaine. He has earned his nickname of "Fireball" for good reason, imo. :thumbup:

Not sure who from the past, I know Mr. Massey had a BIG stroke when he needed it but I'm guessing there were some bigger.

Let's hear your thoughts on it...

best,
brian kc

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to say for the present, its SVB. The South Dakota kid keeps surprising people each time.

For the past, they called him the Rifleman for a reason - Buddy Hall

But many would swear by Efren Reyes as well, and for good reason.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard enough for me to pot balls when playing center ball at pocket speed and for many, yes, me included, adding power and stroke and draw, or follow or side spin all present added challenges to maintaining accuracy.

I'm amazed watching some players who can stay accurate when applying monster strokes and so I was wondering who you all think possesses the biggest stroke these days and who had it in the past.

For present day, I'm going to nominate Mike Dechaine. He has earned his nickname of "Fireball" for good reason, imo. :thumbup:

Not sure who from the past, I know Mr. Massey had a BIG stroke when he needed it but I'm guessing there were some bigger.

Let's hear your thoughts on it

best,
brian kc

I am in agreement that today Mike Dechaine has the so to speak "Biggest" stroke with the most control and accuracy. It is important to maintain that there are others out there with a bigger stroke that are not as consistantly accurate as Mike.

Here are some other names that have what I consider a Monster stroke

Larry Nevel (of course)
Jayson shaw
Jonny Kucharo
Earl.
Buddy hall

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Massey, Nevel and Buddy Hall.

Many didn't know Buddy had such a powerful stroke because he played position so well, he rarely had to use it.

I've seen Buddy double a rail using draw to break balls apart more than once. Unbelievable!

Stones

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Miz has to be included in a discussion about the biggest strokes of all time. For current players, I would add Hatch and Deuel.

Aaron

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of guys with a big stroke but the guy who comes to mind for me is Francisco Bustamante.

A guy who is deceptively powerful is Oliver Ortmann. He doesn't seem to put as much energy into the stroke but he gets results.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
That's what has always amazed me when I watch the pros play: the amount of power they can generate while still being so accurate.

It seems like every one of them is capable of doing so.

The best? I'd have to say I notice it most often while watching Mike Dechaine.

I can't comment on the past since I just took up the game and there aren't many videos of Hall, Miz, etc. in their prime.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Past players....Cowboy Jimmy Moore
I left him a hanger 4-railer at 3-cushion.....unheated slate....
...he drew it three rails....'cause he could.

Present players....Larry Nevel
...surprised he hasn't killed a spectator yet...:eek:

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im surprised Corey Deuel has not been mentioned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Past players....Cowboy Jimmy Moore
I left him a hanger 4-railer at 3-cushion.....unheated slate....
...he drew it three rails....'cause he could.

Present players....Larry Nevel
...surprised he hasn't killed a spectator yet
...:eek:

then I guess he still has to work some more on his accuracy... :grin-square::eek::eek::grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Surprised to see Buddy Hall mentioned here....my favorite stroke....
...but it wasn't powerful, it was sweet...like The Miz.

Now Billy Johnson, there was a powerful stroke.

......Wade Crane wasn't bad, either.....:cool: