Reload this Page Robert from Alaska?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Robert from Alaska?
Old
  (#1)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

Robert from Alaska? - 06-10-2019, 08:15 AM

Met a new guy at the pool room.
All i know is that he is from Anchorage.
44 years old and about 6'4" tall.
Plays real good.
Has a bender cue.
Anybody know him?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Maybe...
Old
  (#2)
AkGuy
AzB Bronze Member
AkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Maybe... - 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM

I know a guy named Rob martin who shoots good. He would come in at the height you are talking. He may have switched cues as Mike Bender is popular up here and may still be playing in league pool and a couple of yearly tournaments.

The last time he beat my butt Rob was using an OB set up. I have not seen him in about three years.

Where did you meet up? For a whole bunch of reasons I have not made the Anchorage tournaments in the last three years. So there could be a Robert I am not aware of.

Old
  (#3)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkGuy View Post
I know a guy named Rob martin who shoots good. He would come in at the height you are talking. He may have switched cues as Mike Bender is popular up here and may still be playing in league pool and a couple of yearly tournaments.

The last time he beat my butt Rob was using an OB set up. I have not seen him in about three years.

Where did you meet up? For a whole bunch of reasons I have not made the Anchorage tournaments in the last three years. So there could be a Robert I am not aware of.
He just moved here to Colorado.
Played one pocket with him at Felt pool room.
He owns a bunch of companies.
Seems to be rather wealthy.

Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.

Old
  (#4)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Why exactly did you come to the internet
to ask about this guy?
When you play new people your first
order of buisness is to go online and
publicly ask for a lowdown and talk about
his wealth?
Seems a bit strange to me.

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-10-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
to ask about this guy?
his wealth?
I disagree
The azb
Has history
And many
Know a thing or 3
Which lets you see
If the new fishy
Is worthy

I mean, seriously. What are the odds two serial killers would show up at the same place same time and play pool together?

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
to ask about this guy?
his wealth?
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=465342

Old
  (#7)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I disagree
The azb
Has history
And many
Know a thing or 3
Which lets you see
If the new fishy
Is worthy

I mean, seriously. What are the odds two serial killers would show up at the same place same time and play pool together?
Isnt the golden rule not to hustle people strange
to you even if you do have a two piece custom made
pool cue?

Old
  (#8)
measureman
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
to ask about this guy?
his wealth?
Everything he told me seemed a bit odd.
And i'm a strange person anyway.
Just wondered if he was on the level.
But with all that said he was a nice guy and fun to play with.
And i came out 3 games ahead.

Old
  (#9)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Everything he told me seemed a bit odd.
And i'm a strange person anyway.
Just wondered if he was on the level.
But with all that said he was a nice guy and fun to play with.
And i came out 3 games ahead.
The pool hall does drag in some odd characters,
myself included.
Nice win. Stay safe.

It just seemed by reading the op I was missing something.

Most people with your level of experience wouldnt be
asking about somebody you just met publicly right
away so, my curiosity was getting the best of me.

Old
  (#10)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Met a new guy at the pool room.
All i know is that he is from Anchorage.
44 years old and about 6'4" tall.
Plays real good.
Has a bender cue.
Anybody know him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2boGGyPAf88

?

In any wager, there is a fool and a thief. Knowing ahead of time who you are, might just save you money.
Player: Joss
Breaker: Poison
Case: Instroke

Old
  (#11)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

06-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Isnt the golden rule not to hustle people strange
to you even if you do have a two piece custom made
pool cue?
Could be true
I see what you do.

Old
  (#12)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Maybe Im just a little sad Paul
Harvey is no longer with us.

Old
  (#13)
measureman
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
The pool hall does drag in some odd characters,
myself included.
Nice win. Stay safe.

It just seemed by reading the op I was missing something.

Most people with your level of experience wouldnt be
asking about somebody you just met publicly right
away so, my curiosity was getting the best of me.
what would you think that after just meeting someone they ran down the extent of their wealth to you?
i found that to be a little unusual.

But as long as he keeps giving me 8-6 I'm good.

Old
  (#14)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
what would you think that after just meeting someone they ran down the extent of their wealth to you?
i found that to be a little unusual.

But as long as he keeps giving me 8-6 I'm good.
Some guys like to brag. They spend all their time
building these buisnesses, its really all they got.
Most of the time they are full of more guano then
the batcave.

In either case it just comes off as par for the course.

Make em post.
Collect.
If they play for a bunch I dont leave alone and
make sure Im not followed.
I treat them well so they play again.

Old
  (#15)
measureman
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Some guys like to brag. They spend all their time
building these buisnesses, its really all they got.
Most of the time they are full of more guano then
the batcave.

In either case it just comes off as par for the course.

Make em post.
Collect.
If they play for a bunch I dont leave alone and
make sure Im not followed.
I treat them well so they play again.
I treat them well so they play again
Funny you should say that.
When i was 16 or 17 I played pretty good straight pool.
Every wednesday night for quite awhile a family man named Harry would play me straight pool and he rarely won a game.
The old man that owned the room told me that Harry was my customer and to make him feel welcome.
Buy him a soda and a snack once in awhile.
Ask him about his family and get to know him.
Funnest part was that after awhile he asked me what i did for a living and i said I'm working right now playing you.
Then he offered me a day job working for him for what at that time was great money.
I took the job.
But i continued to play pool with him on wednesday nights,except now I didn't have to win to eat the next day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: