What the hell did I just buy??? Unknown pool table

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Hi,

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I already checked WOL and it's a no-go. The logo I have is rectangular, and there's no unique carvings all around the table, nor do they offer that type of customization. Another thing is, the pillar legs on their tables are quite a common choice. Thanks though!

Looks like a Winner Choice sold at Rec Warehouse price 1800.00

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Moved to "Ask a Mechanic"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I posted there minutes ago. :smile:

Taemin

Not trying to be Captain Obvious over here or anything, but did ya try asking this in the Ask The Mechanics section?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
My buddy who has the Playmaster that looks just like it in a darker wood is going to send me some pics tonight. If he comes through I'll post them. BTW, did the rails pin together with dowels?

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it roll straight whats the tip at?

And in support of the olhausen, my school has a bunch of olhausen tables in dorms and they all have square logos as well. And in the pool hall on campus there are a bunch of Gandys tables, when in good shape[hasnt happened yet in my 4 years here] they are great tables.

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Just to throw another name into the rotation...

Could this be an Imperial pool table ?? :confused:

http://www.imperialusa.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=15&page=1&Itemid=54

If I remember correctly, there were different leg styles as well as frame styles, etc. to choose from. You could essentially have "Washington" legs with a "Lincoln" frame, and so on.

You could basically 'customize' your own table.

I'm wondering if this is someone's Imperial "Frankenstein".

Mickey <--- If it is, then keep the $20, Taemin...

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fabricate your own brass plate and take it to a jeweler or "Things Remembered" in your local mall. Have 'em engrave your name, etc. on the plaque. :shrug:

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking Golden West as well, its constructed a bit different than mine, but mine is on the older side, but the name plate looks to be the exact same size as mine, but don't believe mine has screws in the plate. But the style is close to a few GW's ive seen as well. 200 for one would be an insane deal!

Jim Vondrell

Accu-Level Billiard Svc
Silver Member
I answered this one in the mechanic section months ago. Its a American Classic out of Minnesota. American made at that time. They now import there tables with a whole new design in construction

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
A buddy of mine, Dave Thompson of "A+ Some Assembly Required", probably the top table guy in the greater Cincinnati area, stopped by this evening. I showed him the pictures and it brought about an immediate laugh. It seems he just worked on one today. He says it's an "American Classic" model from the company "American Recreation". The one he worked on had a furniture finish instead of the "whitewashed effect" but he said the construction was identical and the sights were a dead giveaway. If you have any questions about the table, Dave said feel free to call him at (513)258-6411 and he'd help you anyway he could. Mention Sherm referred you and he'll give you special attention.

Sherm