South West Buyer!
Silver Member
*** South West ***

" South West = The Best "
Ebony Nose Franklin Era : )

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder why these guys are not playing with sponsor cues?

Their country must be supporting them enough where they don't need the extra income from a sponsor? Its crazy to play with a custom SW or any other custom cue as a top 10 professional, when any production company would likely throw tens of thousands at them.

We know from the most successful players, that the cue makes no difference. Earl, Archer, Alison, Shane, etc. all played with $100 cues at their peak play.

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetecs and Predators don't sell enough in Taiwan.
Mezz or Adams sponsored someone, not sure if he's still sponsored.
If you check Lucky's site, he's apparently sponsoring 3 Taiwanese pro players cues, but not sure if anything else. Yang was sponsored by Dufferin for a while (i can't understand why Dufferin would sponsor him though because no-one in Taiwan or China can recognize Dufferin cues).

If Taiwanese pros can get enough money to play with a decent cue, they will ditch SWs, but unfortunately opportunities are few.

Earl, Archer, Alison, and Shane play in the US, where there's a big enough market for Cuetec to warrant a spokesperson.

Their country must be supporting them enough where they don't need the extra income from a sponsor? Its crazy to play with a custom SW or any other custom cue as a top 10 professional, when any production company would likely throw tens of thousands at them.

We know from the most successful players, that the cue makes no difference. Earl, Archer, Alison, Shane, etc. all played with $100 cues at their peak play.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Taiwanese pros can get enough money to play with a decent cue, they will ditch SWs, but unfortunately opportunities are few.

Hilarious. These guys make more through sponsorships and winnings than anyone out there.

They are all influenced by Yang, who used fine cues in his prime. When dealing with the Taiwanese, they are proud, and very "particular" with their choices in general.

They seem to finish well in every event they participate in, and win more than their fair share. They will brusquely avoid anything not worth their "time".

Not being beholden to lobbying from production companies, they play with what they feel most comfortable with and gives them the best chance at success.

You don't need LD to play champion speed.

Last edited:

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sadly no, their gov doesn't pay them a dime.

What's worse is their only already very poor tour has now been cancelled, so there's basically no official pro events in TW atm.

If this continues, it's likely you won't see more Ko or Wu pop up in the future.

What's even sadEr is unlike their American counterparts, the money they made that you can see on azb list is close to what they really made in reality annually, there's basically no big challenge matches or 10K 1st place bar table tours there at all.

While quite a few played much better than most American pros, they were far more PoorEr :frown:

If they'd be allowed to stay in the US, I'm sure many would choose to. I know the earning in pool at US, is like dead bottom low compare to any other sports, fact is the amount of $ on azb top 25 list is actually considered a pretty good earning and can provide a pretty good lives in TW.

Again, this is so sad for the pool world :sorry:

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Pro Tour in Philippines as well! How does pocket billiards survive!? Its the cockroach of the sports world lol

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
$4k for a wooden stick lol. Thanks for posting.

Yup, a $4000 wooden stick that tends to gain value and has amazing brand recognition in this niche market.

Maybe custom cues aren't for you if it's just a wooden stick to you.