far better business to cushion in a few weeks extra
with your expected estimated delivery date rather
than to quote an optimistic delivery day that will most
likely have to be revised.

They "promise" nothing and neither do I. I make it
very clear that delivery is up to Diamond. If you
want it faster, the only other option is to buy it retail
from someone that has it on hand and pay more for
the table and for single table delivery of course.

None of these are excuses, this is how they do business
and either you want it or find something else. They are the
most in demand tables in pool right now.

A buyers actual location is a HUGE
part in delivery. Diamond delivers a truck load of tables on
a route, if you live in the middle of nowhere, that affects
even getting a table scheduled for delivery.

Again, I am not making excuses for me or Diamond. I just
follow what they tell me or I don't have to do business with them.
Even if they had to wait extra time, my clients are always
happy with their Diamond tables and that is what matters most.

TFT

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me they should not promise what they cannot deliver. A friend of mine also ordered a Diamond table back in the summer, on my recommendation, and wasn’t able to get it installed until after Thanksgiving. I don’t think people mind a 4 or 5 month wait to get their custom-made dream Diamond table, but it’s not unreasonable to expect to receive an accurate expected delivery date. It’s far better business to cushion in a few weeks extra with your expected estimated delivery date rather than to quote an optimistic delivery day that will most likely have to be revised.

What am I missing here? Ordered in summer. Set up end of November.

I can only guess when it was ordered, but July 1st to December 1st is 5 months. Where's the beef? And was it worth the wait?

But I do agree they should have a tight string on customer service. It should be no problem (in this computer age) to set up a reminder attachment to the order. If it will be beyond the expected delivery date, email or call to stay in touch with the customer. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Jds.3211

Jds.3211
Thanks for the info! Sounds like everyone is happy when they finally get the table, but agree 100% by this point Diamond should be better at predicting delivery times. I'm pretty sure any tournaments they are supporting were planned well in advance. I live in the Virginia part of the DC metro.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info! Sounds like everyone is happy when they finally get the table, but agree 100% by this point Diamond should be better at predicting delivery times. I'm pretty sure any tournaments they are supporting were planned well in advance. I live in the Virginia part of the DC metro.

My condolences to you sir.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They "promise" nothing and neither do I. I make it
very clear that delivery is up to Diamond. If you
want it faster, the only other option is to buy it retail
from someone that has it on hand and pay more for
the table and for single table delivery of course.

None of these are excuses, this is how they do business
and either you want it or find something else. They are the
most in demand tables in pool right now.

A buyers actual location is a HUGE
part in delivery. Diamond delivers a truck load of tables on
a route, if you live in the middle of nowhere, that affects
even getting a table scheduled for delivery.

Again, I am not making excuses for me or Diamond. I just
follow what they tell me or I don't have to do business with them.
Even if they had to wait extra time, my clients are always
happy with their Diamond tables and that is what matters most.

TFT

I'm curious since you are a dealer for Brunswick and Rasson also... Can you explain the process beginning from when the customer places the order with you, to the final delivery and installation for both of the competing brands? Thank you.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'm curious since you are a dealer for Brunswick and Rasson also...
Can you explain the process beginning from when the customer places the order with you, to the
final delivery and installation for both of the competing brands? Thank you.

This thread is not about either of those brands.

TFT

Last edited:

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My impression with Diamond is residential sales take a back seat to commercial. I would also guess that commercial/tournament is a more lucrative business anyway. Meanwhile I ordered a Brunswick GCV from my local dealer and it was installed two weeks later. Can’t imagine waiting 4-5 months for a table.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Ordered a Diamond table while I was recovering from 2 major surgeries (no surgery and I would be dead). I live in the middle of a hay field, on foothills of 9,000 ft mountains, in “grizzly alley”, in western Montana. Due to access to my poolroom, couldn’t have one slate for table. It was delivered but one of slates was chipped. Diamond sent a replacement immediately. Friends helped move it in and old friend from Phoenix, Dave Clayton (Diamond table mechanic) came from Phoenix and set it up. Love the table. (Don’t think we have a diamond dealer in 400 miles). Diamond worked with me on the order (different than standard), sent replacement slate no questions, suggested mechanic before I told them Dave was coming up.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My impression with Diamond is residential sales take a back seat to commercial. I would also guess that commercial/tournament is a more lucrative business anyway. Meanwhile I ordered a Brunswick GCV from my local dealer and it was installed two weeks later. Can’t imagine waiting 4-5 months for a table.

There is part of this you apparently didnt get. This Diamond was custom ordered from the factory. Not from a dealer that had them in stock, or transferred it from another dealer that had it in stock. Order a custom Brunswick from the factory and see how long it takes. If you can even do it.

I can order 7 foot or 9 foot pro-am direct from Seyberts. They have them in stock. So obviously it would be faster.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
When I ordered my Diamond in 07 I was told about 6 weeks. Although it took longer then their estimate I would call and get updates. They even sent me pics of my Dymondwood rails being glued and machined.

At the time it seemed like a long wait but now I look back it was not bad at all. I had it customized a little and would do everything over again if I had to.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is part of this you apparently didnt get. This Diamond was custom ordered from the factory. Not from a dealer that had them in stock, or transferred it from another dealer that had it in stock. Order a custom Brunswick from the factory and see how long it takes. If you can even do it.

I can order 7 foot or 9 foot pro-am direct from Seyberts. They have them in stock. So obviously it would be faster.

Missed the custom order part. Stand corrected.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
About 7 years ago I ordered a9ft Pro 1-pc slate from Diamond.

Though there were a few hiccups in delivery and set-up, Diamond made good on it.

FYI, when ordering direct from Diamond, ALL orders are custom made. Doesn't mean you can order pink legs, just that they don't keep inventory.

Even their polishers are made to order (best in the world).

So I wouldn't hesitate to call Aaron (Diamond) and order another table.

Probably will for my LV house.

IMHO, they are the absolute best playing tables you can buy.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not really a big deal if your waiting 7+ years for your cue :p:p:p

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the LED Light Panel installed tonight. Wow, what a difference from the strip light. Just minor adjustments to make.

34764837941_1db844fedb_b.jpg

34509725410_f5071a6911_b.jpg

It is a 2x4 from Super Bright LED's. 7600 Lumens and Natural White (3900K) color. I also ordered the mounting hardware with it. Came to about $160 shipped. Love it.

My Dad stopped by to give me a hand to hang the light. He had to try out the table. He broke dry and I ran out. That was enough for him. So only one game played on it, and one table run.

Super late to this thread, but I love your setup! How wide is your room? Getting the same table later this month and I think I'll grab the same light as well :)

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super late to this thread, but I love your setup! How wide is your room? Getting the same table later this month and I think I'll grab the same light as well :)
I recommend getting two 2x4 panels for the table. I had the same setup with one LED panel and the ends are noticeably darker. I added a 2nd panel and all is good. They're cheap too!

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recommend getting two 2x4 panels for the table. I had the same setup with one LED panel and the ends are noticeably darker. I added a 2nd panel and all is good. They're cheap too!
Right on. Appreciate it! Where did you grab the panels from?