spots

JZMechanix

Silver Member
No, they are not typically included. You can purchase them directly from Simonis. I believe they are .25 cents a piece and come in sheets of 10 spots.

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they are not typically included. You can purchase them directly from Simonis. I believe they are .25 cents a piece and come in sheets of 10 spots.

As pricey as the cloth is, and inexpensive as the spots are, one would think the spots would be included. Kinda disappointed in that... i mean, how much revenue could they possibly be making from selling spots? I doubt it will do much good, but I might just have to mention something about it on their facebook page. :cool:

Dartman

Silver Member
As pricey as the cloth is, and inexpensive as the spots are, one would think the spots would be included. Kinda disappointed in that... i mean, how much revenue could they possibly be making from selling spots? I doubt it will do much good, but I might just have to mention something about it on their facebook page. :cool:

Simonis NA generally sells by the bolt to the trade, not to the consumer. There are many retailers both on and off line that include a rack spot (as well as matching chalk) when you make a Simonis (or other brand) cloth purchase. If you didn't get one then complain to the place where you bought your cloth, not Simonis.

Last edited:

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis NA generally sells by the bolt to the trade, not to the consumer. There are many retailers both on and off line that include a rack spot (as well as matching chalk) when you make a Simonis (or other brand) cloth purchase. If you didn't get one then complain to the place where you bought your cloth, not Simonis.

(Looking for the Homer Simpson "Doh!" icon but don't see one...) I completely negated that obvious fact. I already apologized on Simonis' wall. Thanks for the note (and the smack aside my head).

Dartman

Silver Member
(Looking for the Homer Simpson "Doh!" icon but don't see one...) I completely negated that obvious fact. I already apologized on Simonis' wall. Thanks for the note (and the smack aside my head).

As always, no charge, LOL :D
I might add tho that the Simonis folks in Chicago are pretty good and probably
would mail you a spot or 2 on request.

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fact, that is what Simonis suggested to do... call in to the customer service number. I've left a voice message. My local pool hall owner has some Master spots he'd give me too. I'm going to compare the two styles and their thickness, stickiness, etc. If Jack Z says Simonis spots are the bomb, then I'm sure they will be great. Now to find Master chalk, or other top quality chalk, that best matches Simonis GreenTM.

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Magic markers make the thinnest and best spots!!!

The spot serves as not only the location marker to rack the balls, but it also protects the cloth from the wear and tear of hard breaks. The magic marker spot is ok for one pocket & 14.1, but breaking at full speed without a spot could eventually wear a hole right through the cloth! :nono:

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Spots

The spot serves as not only the location marker to rack the balls, but it also protects the cloth from the wear and tear of hard breaks. The magic marker spot is ok for one pocket & 14.1, but breaking at full speed without a spot could eventually wear a hole right through the cloth! :nono:

No question about it. If you're ordering them, you should get enough so that you can change the spot once in a while also. I have a 2000 Diamond Pro that gets constant 9-ball/10 ball play and practice, and the spot area gets a divot even though we change the spot every few days, and the cloth every 8 months or so. I like the old 'lick em and stick em' master spots because they are a little more protection. The slates on this table are definately softer than most, and the slates themselves develop indentations. I've tried bondo, and switching the end slates, and now I'm eyeing that 'lapping' stone:)

Dave Smith

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of that lapping stone... would be a perfect time to do mine since the leveling process hasn't begun yet. I even work for a natural stone company that could possibly fabricate one or some. I can't remember what kind of stone it is... granite, limestone, or sandstone?

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fact, that is what Simonis suggested to do... call in to the customer service number. I've left a voice message. My local pool hall owner has some Master spots he'd give me too. I'm going to compare the two styles and their thickness, stickiness, etc. If Jack Z says Simonis spots are the bomb, then I'm sure they will be great. Now to find Master chalk, or other top quality chalk, that best matches Simonis GreenTM.

Just following up... Simonis did indeed sent me some spots for free. Four of them. They arrived this past Friday. :thumbup:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
No question about it. If you're ordering them, you should get enough so that you can change the spot once in a while also. I have a 2000 Diamond Pro that gets constant 9-ball/10 ball play and practice, and the spot area gets a divot even though we change the spot every few days, and the cloth every 8 months or so. I like the old 'lick em and stick em' master spots because they are a little more protection. The slates on this table are definately softer than most, and the slates themselves develop indentations. I've tried bondo, and switching the end slates, and now I'm eyeing that 'lapping' stone:)

Dave Smith

Wow, that's the first I've heard of Diamonds having soft slate and potential problems with indentations. That sound major. Anyone else experience this?

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Spots

Wow, that's the first I've heard of Diamonds having soft slate and potential problems with indentations. That sound major. Anyone else experience this?

Just wanted to be clear about my post. The table I spoke of is 12 years old and has seen constant 9-ball play for that time. Another one I got at the same time has had much less of an issue with this, as it has had less hard play. I am in no way making a negative statement about Diamond's products which I consider the best in the industry by far. I would imagine that, like any natural substance, slate varies in it's hardness and that the ones I have are a little softer. You can actually see 'wear' marks in the slate for the whole 9-ball rack, not just the spot. If you check out the slates on the Professional Glen just did in New Orleans (in the main forum) you'll see what I mean. No big deal, but worth a look if you're thinking about buying a 15 year old table from a pool hall.

Dave Smith