Dcc Newbie

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
My friend and I are flying in from California and its the first DCC for both of us and we're really excited!
Flying in for the final weekend on Thursday night and staying at the Holiday Inn.

Any suggestions from someone thats been multiple times?
is it worth bringing our cues if we wanna play some cheap sets, or is it impossible to get a table?

Any other thoughts or suggestions for DCC Newbies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

ACE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should absolutely take your cues if you enjoy playing. Anyone can get a pool table after hours till play resumes the next day.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will need to bring your cues, seeing all the pool action, you will get the fever and want to play, plenty of tables, can play when the tournments are done, normally after midnight and up until 9am. Plus check out the AZ room, they are open all night and can play there also, you just need to check in and register with the AZ room.

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
cool. thanks guys.
I read on another thread that you need to kick in for the az room.
Is that something that can be done when I get there?
and how much is it if you know?

rope_one

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cost is $25 and you have to send in the funds prior to the event. (Jan 9 I think is the deadline). Check the main forum for a thread about registering for the AZ room. It is money well spent as its nice to have a practice area and its a good cause in general.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
sugeknight said:
cool. thanks guys.
I read on another thread that you need to kick in for the az room.
Is that something that can be done when I get there?
and how much is it if you know?

You won't regret kicking in the dough for the AZBilliards Room, I guarantee.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=119811&highlight=room

Bring your pool sticks as you can use them in the AZ Room and on the tables when tournament tables are not in use.

JoeyA

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Definitely sign up for the AZ/OP Room ASAP! Definitely bring your cues! You never know when you'll get the opportunity to play a great player or learn from a great instructor!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Samiel said:
Definitely sign up for the AZ/OP Room ASAP! Definitely bring your cues! You never know when you'll get the opportunity to play a great player or learn from a great instructor!

Or a chance to show off your nice looking cue to one of AZ's Hot Chicks. :grin-square:
JoeyA