Lessons

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The upstate pantheon should include Mike Zuglan.

Mike Zuglan was not really a major force on the scene in the period to which my post reflects on, which is the late 1970's and early 1980's. Mike didn't really become a force until the late 1980's. I, similarly, left out Gene Nagy and Mike Eufemia, because each had already completed his competitive career before this period.

....and of course that other Mike from Rochester: Sigel.

I did mention Mike Sigel in my consideration of the upstate New York contingent of the period.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight Pool Legends

I stand corrected. What's important is that we keep the memory of these greats and the Championship game alive. I'm not looking right now, but I'm confident that Cisero is on your list as well, although his peak was really the mid sixties.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I stand corrected. What's important is that we keep the memory of these greats and the Championship game alive. I'm not looking right now, but I'm confident that Cisero is on your list as well, although his peak was really the mid sixties.

Anyway, let's get the thread, not intended to celebrate the old timers but to reference them in context, back on topic.

Steve Lipsky was mentored by Dan Barouty, one of our game's greatest scholars, whose incredible knowledge derives form access to so many of the old masters of the New York and New Jersey pool scene of yesteryear.

Steve's offer to share his great knowledge is a unique opportunity to capable players who want to be great players, and I hope these players are smart enough to contact him, for they will get their money's worth and then some!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Great Oppurtunity

I will play scotch doubles straight pool, 8-ball, or rotation with you, in a you-shoot-then-I-shoot format. I have found it promotes a great dialogue between us, and really lets you get in my head, and me in yours. It keeps both of us engaged and really facilitates a great transfer of knowledge.

This style is really conducive to teaching intermediate to advanced players. I can't help with fundamentals, so if you're having trouble with your stroke, there are many supremely qualified candidates in the area.

Anyway, PM me if interested. Looking forward to getting some highly motivated students who are really looking to improve.

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]

If I were an aspiring 14.1 player and I lived within 500 miles of Steve then I would take advantage of this offer, I have learned much from watching him and I believe he is one of the more intelligent players in the game today. I myself would like to hear him commentate his way through a rack as I feel it might help my own game.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I will play scotch doubles straight pool, 8-ball, or rotation with you, in a you-shoot-then-I-shoot format. I have found it promotes a great dialogue between us, and really lets you get in my head, and me in yours. It keeps both of us engaged and really facilitates a great transfer of knowledge.

This style is really conducive to teaching intermediate to advanced players. I can't help with fundamentals, so if you're having trouble with your stroke, there are many supremely qualified candidates in the area.

Anyway, PM me if interested. Looking forward to getting some highly motivated students who are really looking to improve.

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]

If I were an aspiring 14.1 player and I lived within 500 miles of Steve then I would take advantage of this offer, I have learned much from watching him and I believe he is one of the more intelligent players in the game today. I myself would like to hear him commentate his way through a rack as I feel it might help my own game.[/QUOTE]

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy crap...John Schmidt and Danny Harriman both giving their endorsements. That would be more than enough for me if I were closer.

Best wishes Steve.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Has anyone taken a lesson yet ?

Please write a review, let's giv Stevie all the kudos and support he deserves !!!

Steve

Vincent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mailbox Full

Steve Lipsky, Please clear your mailbox... Cannot send you messages...