Revo vs Becue

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw the BeCue Facebook page and they are coming on strong in time for the Super Billiards Expo.

https://www.facebook.com/Becueofficial/

Their new line of Prestige BeCues in blue or red are mesmerizing.

Also, I see two Italian Pro Players are now using BeCue full time....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1425497250889981&id=881450801961298&__tn__=C-R

with one ,Nicoletti taking down a victory on the Italian Professional Tour.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1493375514102154&id=881450801961298&__tn__=C-R

Unbelievable how Alessandro and Michele took BeCue from kickstarter to pro players and winning a tour stop in a year and a half.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW If you want this shaft to be 'super slick and shiny' and super easy to keep clean might I suggest Using Meguiars Scratch X 2.0.. You'll get an instant High Gloss finish that stays clean (looks almost like pearl white). Personal I like playing with a glove which makes this super gloss polished finish simply disappear other than bridge finger pressures. (no Dragging ever).

R

I used Renaissance Wax on mine.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deflection test: Revo 12.9 vs Becue Prime-M 12.5

Deflection test: Revo 12.9 vs Becue Prime-M 12.5

Looks like Revo has less deflection than Becue by the path that OB takes after collision.

And also look closely at the Becue Prime-M after the hit (second cue), wow, what about that vibration :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/lUwHoKU1lAU

wibo

Registered
yes, the Revo is stiffer and the BeCue is softer, that one should also feel hit. the deflection is pretty much the same

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I already said in the other thread it is a great thing to have a choice and now you are free to get the one which suits your game the best. When it comes to Becue if your preferences are pro-taper first of all and you like a softer hit then I guess you will be satisfied with either 12.00 or 12.5 mm Prime-M. If you don't mind the conical taper and prefer a stiffer shaft then Becue has 5.1 M shaft with a smaller tip for you. All of this you can get with more options such as different joints and extra length which is not so easy to get from other manufacturers atm. It is possible Cuetec will also offer more possibilities with their Cynergy shaft. If you're looking for the stiffest shaft with a pro-taper where two joint-types and standard length are the only choices then Revo is your best choice. It seems like it is not as difficult to choose. Ah ok, you should be ready to pay according to your choice together with some time needed to find what you want and may be to wait until you get it but that is all because of great demand for all of them but once more the choice you have already is the best thing about it.

3rdeyemedia.us

I prefer the Becue Prime-M over the Revo. The Revo does have a smoother surface, but I prefer the longer pro-taper of the Prime M 12.0. I also prefer the vibration. The Becue Prime M 12.0 it is very flexible like a Meucci where s both the Cuetec Synergy 12.5 and the Revo are very stiff.
I also prefer the medium hard tip the Becue comes with. I did not like Kumui Soft tips on either the Cuetec or the Revo.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure becue will be at the expo just like last year. I just couldn't find them last year, heard they were behind the jerky stand.

I haven't been able to hit with the Becue yet but the drag from the paint is probably going to be a no go for me.

I've been playing with a 12.4mm Revo since April and I switched from regular maple shafts with ivory ferrules. Was an easy adjustment and I've actually been shooting a bit better. The color adjustment wasn't an issue for me, however when I take one of my customs out for a run on occasion, I actually hate the wood shaft look now. I quickly revert back to my Revo shaft.

I also use the rush as my breaker and I have severe back issues and can't really use a power break. You don't need to with the rush either. It transfers energy very well and explodes the rack even at slow speeds. 99.5% of the time I only play 8ball on bar boxes, and the 8 is always heading for a pocket on the break. I do use 2nd ball break and a Ryo rack.

As far as maintenance on the Revo, I shoot tourney on Tuesday and league on Thursday. I use great white chalk only and don't feel the buildup ever, nor do my hands get dirty. I wipe the shaft down after each night with a dry microfiber cloth then the silkish cloth supplied with the Revo shaft. Every 2nd use I use the wipe and it lasts to wipe down the shooting and break shaft in 1 wipe.

Aviation wax might go well with aviation paint. Some of the cheaper stuff still promises up to 9% speed increase on an airplane last I knew. I used it on my dirt car so it carried less dirt and less weight.

Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aviation wax might go well with aviation paint. Some of the cheaper stuff still promises up to 9% speed increase on an airplane last I knew. I used it on my dirt car so it carried less dirt and less weight.

Hu

The white shafts with paint are no longer made.

I have one that has a lot of the paint worn off in the bridging area and I am tempted to strip it down to completely remove the paint. I may leave an inch or so at the end to act as a “ferrule” to make it a bit easier to see the tip.

My other white shaft is in brand new condition. It was one of the last few to be obtained from the Becue factory, I think.

I also have one of the black shafts.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer the Becue Prime-M over the Revo. The Revo does have a smoother surface, but I prefer the longer pro-taper of the Prime M 12.0. I also prefer the vibration. The Becue Prime M 12.0 it is very flexible like a Meucci where s both the Cuetec Synergy 12.5 and the Revo are very stiff.
I also prefer the medium hard tip the Becue comes with. I did not like Kumui Soft tips on either the Cuetec or the Revo.
I hated my Prime M, I could only endure the torture for a month or two. I now have three Revo shafts.

Reactions: bbb

kris

The white shafts with paint are no longer made.

I have one that has a lot of the paint worn off in the bridging area and I am tempted to strip it down to completely remove the paint. I may leave an inch or so at the end to act as a “ferrule” to make it a bit easier to see the tip.

My other white shaft is in brand new condition. It was one of the last few to be obtained from the Becue factory, I think.

I also have one of the black shafts.
Hi,

I have original white-painted BeCue Prime shaft and had paint removed using lathe.. Pics show final result. Surface afterwards is not smooth. Can't imagine to play wihtout a glove.

Cheers,
Kris

100542293_180884039908832_749021448651145216_n.jpg
101053079_1080913682308618_244968952990531584_n.jpg

3rdeyemedia.us

A "low-deflection" shaft is really a shaft that produces low squirt of the cue ball. It's a mistake to call shaft performance as LD. Low squirt shafts actually deflect more than the old maple shafts, but this greater shaft deflection causes less cue ball squirt.
I wish we would quit using the term LD, because it confuses so many.
This was very well said and explains exactly what I have noticed. History. My first expensive cue was a Meucci - Which although was quite whippy I learned to shoot well with it ( I loved the high English i could get). As my game improved I didn't move the ball sideways as much (center ball player) and switch to Joss cues super stiff. Happy point became the Joss butt with a Predator 314-3. Upgrade to the Cuetec Synergy 15K (feels stiff like the Original Joss Shaft). I absolutely hated the soft tips on the Carbon shafts on My Joss original I shoot LePro Med/Hard.

Then I tried a Becue 12mm Prime-M and it felt like a carbon fiber version of the Meucci but on straight shots shoots as straight as the Joss 13mm original. When bending the Becue it bends easy and vibrates a lot more than either the Cutec or the Revo. So for me I prefer Becues medium tip the over the Kamui Soft and Medium. The stick being so flexible on hard shots definitely gets out of the way. But for my stroke, the ball stays on a perfectly straight line with no unnecessary spin induced throw. The Cutec being very stiff makes the ball squirt offline easily if you put power on a draw or slightly off-center stun shot. The movement of the cue ball with a soft tip and very stiff cue is also unpredictable.

100% agree low squirt is what the goal in a cue should be. To get low squirt I believe you need a more flexible shaft and medium to hard tip. You have to be able to hit the shot hard enough to make the shaft flex properly. Soft tip stiff shaft players generally shoot very soft so don't see squirt as much.

3rdeyemedia.us

Here's my experience .. I have previously played with hollow maple LD shafts and they all feel some what 'dead' .. I can not see if the tip of the shaft moves on any shaft, but the hollow maple shafts do not feel solid, in fact just the opposite. The Becue feels and hits like a solid maple shaft, in fact I can not really tell the difference. For me, the hit of the Becue is one of the best I have experienced, it really feels great.

How does the Becue shaft help to pocket balls?

I had to commit myself to shooting with this cue, and no other, for close to a year. My game has improved in that the rock is more easily controlled because of the consistency of this cue - the same stroke will produce the exact same result every time. I have never owned a wood shaft that did not have, to some degree, consistency issues. Perhaps it's changing humidity, perhaps it's radial inconsistency - who knows. Bottom line is that I have complete confidence in where the rock will land when I use the Becue. I will attempt shots when the landing pad is very small, that I would not attempt with any shaft I have ever previously played.

This took awhile to come together for me. But unless I'm jumping a ball or breaking it will be a Becue in my hands for a long time to come. Once you get use to this new cue all your old wooden cues pale in comparison when you pick one up, at least that is my experience.
Sounds like we have had the exact same experience. I have made bank, kick, long range super straight shots consistently with this cue. Many times making shots I imagined in my mind shot it and it really happened. I do not get this experience with either my Predator 314-3 or the Cutec Synergy 15K. Becue 12mm Prime-M shoots lovely. I am considering buying a second one with the butt and shaft. Not sure this company will last as long as McDermott, Meucci and Joss. Absolutely agree with you shoots great

3rdeyemedia.us

I hated my Prime M, I could only endure the torture for a month or two. I now have three Revo shafts.
Pool Cues are like bowling balls. You have to get the right one that matches your style of playing. I could definitely live with a Revo. I like the surface and believe it is a better company to buy from. For me I didn't like the conical taper which starts at about 8-9" from the tip on a Revo. I prefer, pro tapers and love the level 15" you get on both the CueTec 15K 12.5 and the Becue 12.0. Also, I shoot fairly hard so prefer a medium to hard tip. My friends who shoot Revo all have Super soft of Soft tips and shoot soft when they play. I'm the exact opposite.