wanted: midsize lathe

Onecrazyplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanting to buy is easy but getting one before they are sold is the issue. Keep looking and it will come.

Just some friendly advise but make sure you do your research before you buy. I've been looking for one as well but I want a little more than just a midsize lathe. I thought about a Customcue lathe but after reading several posts by others on here hes not a good person to deal with, a little on the shady side, and extremely slow. Atleast thats the posts that I've read. Cuesmith seems to be a good one but I'm not 100% sure. Midamericapool has been good to deal with even though I've only purchased small things from him.

You dont have to take my word for it just saying what I've read on here what others have posted. And a common one that people keep saying "Dont deal with CustomCueLathe"

This is just my 2 cents

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
Not putting any of the other cue lathe guys down.

But you will not find any one better to deal with than Chris Hightower (cueman).

His products are top notch equipment and customer service is the best. Chris is also willing to help with any questions you may have.

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some friendly advise but make sure you do your research before you buy. I've been looking for one as well but I want a little more than just a midsize lathe. I thought about a Customcue lathe but after reading several posts by others on here hes not a good person to deal with, a little on the shady side, and extremely slow. Atleast thats the posts that I've read. Cuesmith seems to be a good one but I'm not 100% sure. Midamericapool has been good to deal with even though I've only purchased small things from him.

You dont have to take my word for it just saying what I've read on here what others have posted. And a common one that people keep saying "Dont deal with CustomCueLathe"

This is just my 2 cents

WOW
This thread does not even mention any of my lathes, but you chose to bash my name anyways, for someone to go out of thier way, just to talk about me in a negative fasion, when the guy specifically is looking for a midsize cue smith. this must be non other than Mr. Randy White.

MR. Wilson, he is at it again, please confirm then ban this user name.
Thanks

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
WOW
This thread does not even mention any of my lathes, but you chose to bash my name anyways, for someone to go out of thier way, just to talk about me in a negative fasion, when the guy specifically is looking for a midsize cue smith. this must be non other than Mr. Randy White.

Thanks

He has 70 custom cues for the show now ? :grin-square:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
70???????????????????????? Show must be starting early, I figured 150.:wink:

WOW

Thanks

Affraid not. This is a person that has read other threads about your deallings with others. Randy is included but not limited to just him. A user named snipershot had nothing but bad things to say about you and your deallings with him. I personally havent dealt with you but I do know what others say about you. And I havent found a thread that people talk about you in a good way. I wonder why that is? From what I've seen on here your a shady character and when I find out about people like you I just tell people to be careful when they deal with you. This person is welcome to do his research and lookup all the threads that I have and make up his own mind. But he should be warned before he tries to deal with you. I have only simply said do your research before buying.

I personally would never buy from you just based on what I've read and have been told by others, that your very slow at making one, the quality is subpar at best, and to top it off you are a shady business man.

I dont think I am bashing you I am only stating my opinion based on what I've read and been told by others. I'm glad I did my homework other wise I might of been another one of your very unhappy customers. Others need to do the same.

Just one more point and I will leave it alone, NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE has anything negative to say about Chris , or Todd. But if you look there are plenty of people that have plenty of negative things to say about you.
Again I have never dealt with this person "CustomCueLathe" but I tend to listen to others when they say becareful.

I guess since I'm new here I probably shouldnt say anything about people I havent dealt with but when I read so many threads about a person and very few are positive then I tend to say something to a person no matter if I know them or not.

I do have one more thing to say and this is directed at CustomCueLathe. The pool community is small, cue makers is even smaller, why would you ever burn even one person? Randy made an ass of himself but from what I read he has every right, refund his money and call it good. How many sales has just that one person cost you. Same thing goes for Snipershot, and some guy I've talked to named Steve, since you sold them poor quality products, make it right with them, either replace the part that is bad, or just refund their money. In business you will find that sometimes you must lose money to make money. And in a place like this one, or any place that the community is so small you better not burn anyone or you'll have problems. I've been building cues for about 2 years, and I know that I dont know everything, but the one thing I do know is if I screw up a cue that I sold someone I need to make it right no matter what. Because in this business I've learned one poor mistake, or lasp of judgement can cost you a lot of sales.

Again just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.......................................................................what a waste of time......................................

Last edited:
Ok Randy, you are officially have graduated to a complete insane bipolar person now, referring to your self in the third person. if you are not randy white, then what is your name, and if you have been making cues for 2 years, how come your account was just created on June 19, 2012.
The only shady person on here is you " Randy White" you are banned from every forum and almost all major billiard supply companies. You really need some psychiatric help and lots of it.

I have no interest in a pissing match with you. My real name is clifton Im from Akron Ohio ive only learned of this form a few months ago. I am looking for a lathe for cue repair and I had a question about finishes, so I created an account. The funny thing here is your so worried that im randy white your not denying the fact of your shady dealing with users on here. If you fix things with the people you've done wrong no matter what anyone says there will be no proof, right now theres proof.

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.......................................................................................................what a waste of time......................................

Last edited:
Its hard not to we you are the one who started this. you read couple of theards and drew your own conclusions, which is totally fine by me, after all I dont expect everyone who reads those threads to be smart enough to distingwish the difference betweeen the thruth and the bullshit. those theads are there to help me filter out all the potential crap customers like your self, Randy white, etc. but to come out and attack me on a thread that talks nothing about me or my product is pretty errogant, rude and way out of line and place.
I am sick and tierd of guys like you, come on here read 2 threads and all the sudden you are an expert in cue lathes recomendations. If you haven't used my machines, you should keep your opinion to yourself.
and for your information, I did everything I could to make those 2 unhappy customers happy, but the thing I learned, and you will run into the same senario one day selling cues, some customers, regardless what you try to do, they are never happy or appreciative towards your efforts to make things right.
I have sold over 100 machines so far, with only couple of unhappy customers, I think thats pretty good. like I said you cant please everyone.
as for Randy White, He did recieve a refund for his canceled order. but he did not get back the deposit on the toolbox he used for 3 weeks, nor for the 12 pc driver pin set that he choose to keep, and refused to pay for along with some other toolings, and damages that he caused. The whole thing was handled by the credit card processing company and his card holder's bank.
they revied all the evidence both parties provided and made the ruling based on that.
My only regrett I have was agreeing to sell Randy White a Lathe.

Thats funny that you say hundreds. So now that you made it personal I have a few more things to say.
I offered my opinion based off what others have said, not sure if you know how word of mouth works but this is it. You screw someone they tell others, you screw another they tell more its just the nature of business. Doesnt matter this one or another. I've talked to the better business bureau and you have a lot more than just two people that have said negative things about you, if I remember correctly its more in line with 9 people.

Guys I'm really sorry to hijack your thread but I really hate people like this. They spend most of their time looking for a way to make money but along the way they dont care how they get it or who they rip off, or the business ethics they just get your money.

I have talked to a total of 3 people on here and others that have seen CustomCueLathe out in Vegas and other trade shows, and they told me the same things that the three people on here have told me. Poor quality, and hes shady with the money.

As for Randy White he says the same things, just like Steve says the same thing, and the others. Their only regret is dealing with CustomCueLathe. Randy was nice enough to show me the paperwork on the Credit card dispute between you to, a decision has not been made this is an ongoing case, Randy submitted his rebuttal letter last week and you still have a hold on the money that was in your account. I've also read all the emails between you to, you were wrong to promise a machine before you left for vegas and then tell him that you couldnt do it until you got back. Fulfil your promises and things are good, backout on those and things are bad. I know the whole story behind the three people on here that I've talked to, they are even nice enough to share their proof.

As for keeping my opinion to myself NOT A CHANCE. I tell people when I think a person will get a better deal dealing with someone else, and your not a good person to deal with. Lets see how can I put this "The Proof is in the Pudding"

Sorry again guys for hijacking your thread this is my last post to this scammer.

Last edited:

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.......................................................................................................what a waste of time......................................

Last edited:

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
Sorry again guys for hijacking your thread

You keep saying that yet you keep posting more of this crap. If you have not bought anything from Bassel then you really have no point to make. We are all quite capable of reading older posts.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think thats what I said to do read the older posts.

You are a cuemaker. It has been decades since I have not seen a Cuemaker with pictures of their work. WD, post some pictures of things you have done and are doing.

Thanks,
Tom

renegadej

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i asked for midsize because chris has always done me fair and able to answer most questions that i have i have bought numerous equipment from him thats why i specificly asked for a midsize wasn't trying to start a arguement on here:(