Music legend Prince (who loved to play pool) just passed away.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Thread title says it all. Music legend Prince (who loved to play pool) just passed away. I grew up listening to his music as many others did. He was also an avid pool player.

Rest in peace.

Prince playing pool.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad. I am shocked actually.

I was a fan since I first heard his stuff. Was lucky enough to see him in concert once.

RIP Purple One.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Such an amazing talent.

I still play "Little Red Corvette" and "Raspberry Beret", two of my favorite somgs of all time, full blast on Bluetooth riding my motorcycle.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Shane, any idea how good a pool player he was?

No idea Rich. But I have read before that he loved to play pool and based on that picture and his bridge on the rail and the vertical position of his right arm, it seems like he knew what he was doing. Either that or the photographer that setup that picture was a pool player :)

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
No idea Rich. But I have read before that he loved to play pool and based on that picture and his bridge on the rail and the vertical position of his right arm, it seems like he knew what he was doing. Either that or the photographer that setup that picture was a pool player :)

the closed eye though makes me wonder,

either way just had no idea he LOVED pool

:frown:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In any case, Prince was cross-eye dominant.
Right hand player who utilized his left eye to shoot.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad. I am shocked actually.

I was a fan since I first heard his stuff. Was lucky enough to see him in concert once.

RIP Purple One.

When I saw his solo in the tribute to George Harrison(While My Guitar Gently Weeps), I was blown away. I knew he was a talented player but he "owned" that take.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prince

I know he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, (at some point in his life), and a door to door minister.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This makes me feel old.

I suppose there's something about an artist dying -- who provided the soundtrack to your life -- that, forgive the pun, strikes a deep, resonant chord.

I recall being stationed overseas and, at private Air Force parties around Madrid, pilots and nurses would play "Dirty Mind" and "When You Were Mine" in their cramped, sparsely furnished, rented apartments and later Purple Rain's" "Lets go Crazy." Yes, we were hogtied by innumerable military regulations but in our hearts we were young, wild, and not just a little bit horny. What could be better that Prince lasciviously belting out "Darling Nikki"?

RIP Purple One.

Lou Figueroa

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Best concert I ever went to.

Best musician I've ever seen (and considering I'm from a family of professional musicians, that might be saying something).

Freddie <~~~ or not