Will Mezz produce a 13 mm shaft?

I am currently using WD700. I like the hit except for the size of the tip which is only 12.5mm. A lot of players now want to play on bigger size tip like 13mm. Wouldn't it be great if Mezz will produce more selection to their shafts?

I wish mezz will produce a 13mm shaft specifically the WD700. I know some mezz owners prefer a bigger shaft like me. What do you think about this.

evanandpeaches

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see a 13.25 option along with a 13mm shaft. I dont care for thin shafts and even 12.75 is too small for me.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, from what I've heard in recent years, many players are now going back to less than 13 mm. I've been playing with 12 1/2 for several years now. 13 mm shafts came on the scene a good many years ago, now.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the alpha hybrid and the standard mezz shaft are both 12.8. some of the older wd700's were 12.8, before they changed to 12.5. i don't believe mezz ever made a 13mm playing shaft. however, caroline pao from mezz usa can custom order any of the mezz shafts in any diameter you want.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
It would be awesome if they made them on both sides of the spectrum. One for us small shaft users(11.75mm) and one for the larger shaft users(13+mm). I wanna try one but, don't like large shafts anymore. I'm sure they will in do time.

PistolPat

Flip Strokin' since 91
Silver Member
large tip diameters............

Honestly every single top player I have ever met play with shafts less than 13mm...

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
From what I know, the allowed range is 12mm to 13.25mm. You pay extra or price will be higher than standard specs for that particular shaft model.

Last edited:
I have a 13mm wd-700 3/8x10 at 4.0 oz. If interested pm me

If it is a united joint i am interested.

If players preference now is for smaller tips, why is predator release a fat shaft as additional to their line of shaft. It's simple, to get more broader market base.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
If Mezz is willing to do it, Caroline Pao is the one top talk to. But i'd have to think changing the recommended diameter would alter the dynamics of the shaft, making it different than it's designed to be. It may not be enough to make much difference but might be why Mezz doesn't openly allow choice of size. I know Mezz puts in a lot of science designing their cues & altering sizes may alter the intended dynamics.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the alpha hybrid and the standard mezz shaft are both 12.8. some of the older wd700's were 12.8, before they changed to 12.5. i don't believe mezz ever made a 13mm playing shaft. however, caroline pao from mezz usa can custom order any of the mezz shafts in any diameter you want.

i had an old puj shaft that was 13.1. you can custom order 13mm shafts from them. you just gotta be willing to pay

troyroy78

I can average 2 ball's :)
Silver Member
If it is a united joint i am interested.

If players preference now is for smaller tips, why is predator release a fat shaft as additional to their line of shaft. It's simple, to get more broader market base.

Sorry I only have a 3/8x10 shaft at 13mm new

embassy147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am currently using WD700. I like the hit except for the size of the tip which is only 12.5mm. A lot of players now want to play on bigger size tip like 13mm. Wouldn't it be great if Mezz will produce more selection to their shafts?

I wish mezz will produce a 13mm shaft specifically the WD700. I know some mezz owners prefer a bigger shaft like me. What do you think about this.

You can special order thicker shaft from Mezz. But it will take a while and cost a little more. I have friends using 13mm WD700 and they love it. Still very low deflection.

Why do we have to pay more, if less work is needed? turning the shaft to 13 instead of 12.5 mm. It's a bit of a pain to wait and to pay more.