Please return the Tascarella

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Yikes, I don't think someone purchasing a cue in a private transaction is obligated to show up in an online forum and post anything about what he or she received and I wouldn't judge someone as "suspect" for not doing that.

This is between a seller and a buyer (if he really sent the wrong cue, etc., etc.) and I'm assuming he did for purposes of this answer. Really not something to be rallying behind or making accusations about.

Your obviously new here, the pitchforks come out quick here. Also I think if you reread this thread you'd get the impression I do, Deanoc doesn't really know what happened, just that he's minus one Tasc., other posters added to the story and then those parts where added to the story also.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh mistakes,I made a few. Quite a few.

I remember playing Black Sam,I thought I had the nuts

I opened up the rail covering all bets

I went empty,Sam came over with a big wide smile.
i remember his kind words. "Dean you tough action,
just not today" We laughed

I suppose all of those losses has prepared me to
not take this loss of a cue too hard

"For the LORD gives and the Lordt akes away,
Blessed is the name of the Lord"

I met a retired paramedic today,from vietnam era,
his health is failing but he wouldn't speak about it.
"I have seen people so much worse off",he said

Losing a pool cue is nothing compared to what
better men than I have lost

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh mistakes,I made a few. Quite a few.

I remember playing Black Sam,I thought I had the nuts

I opened up the rail covering all bets

I went empty,Sam came over with a big wide smile.
i remember his kind words. "Dean you tough action,
just not today" We laughed

I suppose all of those losses has prepared me to
not take this loss of a cue too hard

"For the LORD gives and the Lordt akes away,
Blessed is the name of the Lord"

I met a retired paramedic today,from vietnam era,
his health is failing but he wouldn't speak about it.
"I have seen people so much worse off",he said

Losing a pool cue is nothing compared to what
better men than I have loss
Well said. I think karma lives. Whoever got the cue in error would be better off in the long run to return it. These things have a way of balancing themselves and not always for the good. Any day we might hear of some guy tripping in a poolroom and runnin' something called a Tascarella into a "sensitive" area. ;)

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Trying to defend whoever has the Tasc?? Sounds like it. NO way the guy doesn't know what he has. Anybody that's been on here for any time at all knows what a Tascarella is. I hope Deano makes a list of some of the posters on this and never sells them anything ever. Must be nice to have never made a mistake.

You would think, but no.

I was tempted to buy a Jackpot cue. I like simple design cues but can't buy something unseen.

I may have heard of Tascarella before, but before now, no idea really of what they are.

I could have gotten that Tascarella and not known it was not the right cue. Of course I would by now because of the discussion here. But I can see myself opening it up, look it over, make sure it's straight and putting it neatly away in its packaging and thinking what am I gonna do with a $500 stick I don't want. Really, I would read Tascarella and not know. Just not into that kind of stuff. I've been looking at the for sale section and just now starting to learn cue makers.

Imo, that Tasc. Pictured earlier is ugly. The thread kills it. Some kind of black thread w red fleck...hmm. It could be better.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Jackpot is really a nice cue isn't it?

I know some of you bought thinking that you hoped
it would be nice

now that you see it,it is nice

This one is Zorro, jack is working on one more batch of this basic cue
I am taking orders

I had another style with rings,some prefer one,some the other
this is the one I am doing next

great pictures and kind words

thanks for the pictures ,Shawn

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would think, but no.

I was tempted to buy a Jackpot cue. I like simple design cues but can't buy something unseen.

I may have heard of Tascarella before, but before now, no idea really of what they are.

I could have gotten that Tascarella and not known it was not the right cue. Of course I would by now because of the discussion here. But I can see myself opening it up, look it over, make sure it's straight and putting it neatly away in its packaging and thinking what am I gonna do with a $500 stick I don't want. Really, I would read Tascarella and not know. Just not into that kind of stuff. I've been looking at the for sale section and just now starting to learn cue makers.

Imo, that Tasc. Pictured earlier is ugly. The thread kills it. Some kind of black thread w red fleck...hmm. It could be better.
You've got to be kidding, right?? Even IF you knew NOTHING about cues you would have checked and quickly found out that you had the wrong cue and the one in your hands was worth north of 2grand. Nobody is that clueless.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will someone please post the picture of the cue in the
new thread in the FS section of mine
thank you
dean

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean, dont you like rings? None of these cues look finished to me, but thats just my preference, although now i understand why you dont post pics.
The longer this goes on the more attention to you. Nice going.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'd laugh if it showed up at Sherman's in the next few days and he actually sent it to the right place.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've got to be kidding, right?? Even IF you knew NOTHING about cues you would have checked and quickly found out that you had the wrong cue and the one in your hands was worth north of 2grand. Nobody is that clueless.

Actually many are that clueless I wouldn't know a Jackpot cue if I saw one from thinking I hit the jackpot , the way some of Deans posts on selling cues are always sight unseen buyer beware, but to that I'd say I've never seen a post of a unsatisfied customer, I would think most do know what to expect, most ..,

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
The cue pictured with 2 shafts, is clean and simple. It wouldn't scare away any action, for sure. Sneak in, and sneak out.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
You would think, but no.

I can definitely see your scenario as a possibility, not an extremely high probability, but one just the same. I've been in and out of pool for quite a few years and before I found this site, other than how it hits and looks, I wouldn't have been able to discern one cue from another, even with a name printed on it. I probably wouldn't have known the difference in value between a cue with Miz's or Tascarella's name printed on it. :smile:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
You would think, but no.

I agree with you, Scott.

I won't call it ugly, only because a member here may eventually own it.

But it is a very simple straight grain maple and ebony, four point, four veneer steel joint cue sans ringwork or inlays.

Without the name, it does not scream high end whatsoever.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I agree with you, Scott.

I won't call it ugly, only because a member here may eventually own it.

But it is a very simple straight grain maple and ebony, four point, four veneer steel joint cue sans ringwork or inlays.

Without the name, it does not scream high end whatsoever.

Don't forget "sans buttplate"

Predator Sneaky with a signature on it

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the mystery JP magic cue. Thank you. GL getting your Tasc back Dean. We all have screwed up before. Hope to hear the good news soon. In the meantime...

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and Pro$perous New Year !

-Kat,

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I can definitely see your scenario as a possibility, not an extremely high probability, but one just the same. I've been in and out of pool for quite a few years and before I found this site, other than how it hits and looks, I wouldn't have been able to discern one cue from another, even with a name printed on it. I probably wouldn't have known the difference in value between a cue with Miz's or Tascarella's name printed on it. :smile:

Guess you are right, we all kinda forget about how little knowledge we had before AZ. Wealth of knowledge on AZ