Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match
Page 6 of 15 « First 456 78 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member
terryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-19-2019, 07:37 PM

9-6 Dennis
Attached Images

Old
  (#77)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member
terryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 08:20 PM

Dennis wins day #1 10-6

Match will resume at 4pm central

Old
  (#78)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 08:45 PM

10-6 is still salvageable.....but itís the Robocop...

Name:  F8BB2D7F-DABB-4FD7-8798-A8DB11040D0E.jpeg
Views: 569
Size:  45.9 KB

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#79)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-19-2019, 09:06 PM

I guess tomorrow is another day, but this, in my opinion, is a big lead.

Old
  (#80)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
I guess tomorrow is another day, but this, in my opinion, is a big lead.

And the problem with this is.... Tony ALWAYS responds to this sort of heat by getting more aggressive. But Orcollo isn't gonna give him a million shots, which pretty much means Tony is destined to shoot up in the air for the rest of the match.

Orcollo's One Pocket game has grown, and he pretty much does everything better, more precise, than Tony. The difference between the two, i.e. Tony's "trick shots", are not enough to overcome a multiple game deficit.

Old
  (#81)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-19-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
And the problem with this is.... Tony ALWAYS responds to this sort of heat by getting more aggressive. But Orcollo isn't gonna give him a million shots, which pretty much means Tony is destined to shoot up in the air for the rest of the match.

Orcollo's One Pocket game has grown, and he pretty much does everything better, more precise, than Tony. The difference between the two, i.e. Tony's "trick shots", are not enough to overcome a multiple game deficit.
Does DO move ( defensively ) better than Tony now ?

Old
  (#82)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Does DO move ( defensively ) better than Tony now ?
Well, looking at it from a 10,000 foot view... it's not as if Tony "can't" move tight..... It's that he doesn't necessarily want to. He wants to shoot, and will leave a little air on the cue ball if it allows him to shoot for the pocket, versus 6 inches to the left of the pocket, for example.

Dennis, on the other hand, is in this for the money, pure and simple. I don't think Dennis has any great love for One Pocket.. He is mostly in love with the money it brings. Dennis is more likely to opt to freeze Chohan on a ball, and if the OB goes a little long, and sits on the top rail, no biggie.

Looking back, it always seems to me that Chohan only ever learned the One Pocket moves in order to get himself to the next shooting opportunity. The problem is... Tony is a supremely talented player... With high shortstop-level fundamentals, not more.

Which necessarily limits his effectiveness on his moving. When you are 6-7 feet away from contact, and need to get a frozen ball on a crossover safe.... Fundamentals are key. They carry over into all parts of all games. It is very, very, VERY rare for one person with significantly better fundamentals, to lose any game to a player with lesser fundamentals.. Any knowledge advantage wears off very quickly, and if the player with lesser fundamentals can't finish off the other player quickly, they likely lose.

And here's the thing about fundamentals... They break down if they are not the sole focus, and heat is applied. And that's the difference between Orcollo and Chohan. Chohan likes to shoot, but he doesn't like to practice. Orcollo is a practice machine.

So, my short answer to your question is... I believe that Orcollo executes EVERYTHING better than Chohan. In a difficult layout... Orcollo will get a ball or two more.. He'll get a hair closer to the blocking ball on most safes... The "loosey goosey" nature of both Chohan's and Scott Frost's stroke betrays them under pressure.

What say you, SJM?

Last edited by ShortBusRuss; 09-19-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Old
  (#83)
pvc lou
AzB Silver Member
pvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond reputepvc lou has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

09-19-2019, 11:30 PM

Well chit man... I guess there's no point in even playing. Loosey Goosey Toney has no chance. He might as well pay this bet off, so that we can all move on to something else.

(some one needs to code up a "jack-off" emoji...i would have used it here.)

Quote:
Well, looking at it from a 10,000 foot view... it's not as if Tony "can't" move tight..... It's that he doesn't necessarily want to. He wants to shoot, and will leave a little air on the cue ball if it allows him to shoot for the pocket, versus 6 inches to the left of the pocket, for example.

Dennis, on the other hand, is in this for the money, pure and simple. I don't think Dennis has any great love for One Pocket.. He is mostly in love with the money it brings. Dennis is more likely to opt to freeze Chohan on a ball, and if the OB goes a little long, and sits on the top rail, no biggie.

Looking back, it always seems to me that Chohan only ever learned the One Pocket moves in order to get himself to the next shooting opportunity. The problem is... Tony is a supremely talented player... With high shortstop-level fundamentals, not more.

Which necessarily limits his effectiveness on his moving. When you are 6-7 feet away from contact, and need to get a frozen ball on a crossover safe.... Fundamentals are key. They carry over into all parts of all games. It is very, very, VERY rare for one person with significantly better fundamentals, to lose any game to a player with lesser fundamentals.. Any knowledge advantage wears off very quickly, and if the player with lesser fundamentals can't finish off the other player quickly, they likely lose.

And here's the thing about fundamentals... They break down if they are not the sole focus, and heat is applied. And that's the difference between Orcollo and Chohan. Chohan likes to shoot, but he doesn't like to practice. Orcollo is a practice machine.

So, my short answer to your question is... I believe that Orcollo executes EVERYTHING better than Chohan. In a difficult layout... Orcollo will get a ball or two more.. He'll get a hair closer to the blocking ball on most safes... The "loosey goosey" nature of both Chohan's and Scott Frost's stroke betrays them under pressure.

What say you, SJM?

Old
  (#84)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:

What say you, SJM?
Excellent analysis here. I tend to agree for the most part but disagree in certain areas. This match is not over by any means. Tony is very resilient and can reinvent himself on a daily basis. I look for day two to be more like 10-9 one way or the other.

Dennis does not dislike One Pocket. He loves it! In fact he loves all pool games since they have afforded him a good quality of life. Imo the Pinoys are particularly well suited for One Pocket thanks to their background in Rotation. They have learned to play the pack in very creative ways that lend itself to One Pocket. This carries over to almost all their shot making and how they conceptualize the outcome of each shot.

I do agree that DO's work ethic (long hours of practice daily) has honed his pool skills to a point where his control is near perfect. SJM once pointed out to me how well the top Pinoy players control both the cue ball and the object ball(s). Better than all but a handful of other players. In essence they are often playing two way shots in strategic games like One Pocket.

Just like in the first two matches, I look for this one to come down to who plays the best on day four. This match is not a sprint. It's an endurance contest both.mentally and physically!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 09-20-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Old
  (#85)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 01:30 AM

I can guarantee you that Tony is a bit worried.

Sure, there is a long ways to go in the race but, at their level, trying to make up a four game deficit is exactly like trying to improve your game after reaching top-tier status.

Tony has allowed himself to get between a rock and a hard place.

I've seen both come back in similar situations but, it wasn't against each other. Its gonna be interesting.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#86)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-20-2019, 05:30 AM

Russ says:
... I believe that Orcollo executes EVERYTHING better than Chohan.

Agreed.

Old
  (#87)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Live play will resume Today Friday at 4pm central for Day #2

Day #1 replay will loop continuously until about an hour before live play resumes Today

Name:  Copy of Football Flyer Template (2) EDIT.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  116.4 KB

Old
  (#88)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 02:28 PM

Tony wins game one of day two
Attached Images

Old
  (#89)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 02:57 PM

Tony win 2nd game of day two
Attached Images

Keep America Great Tony!
Old
  (#90)
AkGuy
AzB Silver Member
AkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Smile Keep America Great Tony! - 09-20-2019, 03:03 PM

Go Tony go. I got faith in ya.

Page 6 of 15 « First 456 78 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: