Best sneaky Pete cue for the cheapest?

Darkridder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to buy a sneaky Pete that plays well but don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Thanks.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
That was easy! Gonna order my schmelke!

Thanks guys!

Just a thought, get the 3/8-10 thread. Nice to have a common thread. Or chose another one, but maybe not so much the "pipe" thread ;)

Otherwise, you can't go wrong. Good cue, heck, they still sell plenty of blanks to custom cuemakers !!

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can get one for less, but you won't get one better than a Frey for the money.

blackda

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
How much is a Frey sneaky?

I called Bob about a month ago and he said they start about $350. I got lucky and had the opportunity to buy back my first Frey Sneaky. It will never leave me again. Definetly recommend a Frey.

Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP stated that he was looking for the cheapest sneaky. That puts Frey and Scruggs off the list.

Schmelke is the short answer. And it's good quality from everything I've heard.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauers has the "Pro Hustler" about $300
Very sweet cue, as nicely figured maple as you can find.
Not custom, but way nice.

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called Bob about a month ago and he said they start about $350. I got lucky and had the opportunity to buy back my first Frey Sneaky. It will never leave me again. Definetly recommend a Frey.

nice price and value and can be sold later

players and schmelke are awesome especially since you can pretty much order any tip u want on em

also, dufferin phantom cues (wood to wood joint)

of course, not a sneaky, but u CANNOT BEAT players pure x for $120....kamui included

plainbutt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played with a $40 Players NP for 8 years before acquiring a second hand Players with a HXT shaft. Joints are still tight and shafts are still straight on both. I had to replace the ferule on the np but that was because of playing with a tip that needed changing. Best bang for the buck imho.