New School Billiards Program!! LSMSA (Louisiana School for Math Science and the Arts)

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys and gals.

Recently i had a very nice 10ft snooker table given to me a mint Gandy Super G (Marcus Norwood/forcefollow his mother and father gave it to me). I have no room for it and I the school had been talking with me about going up there to give some lectures and demonstrations and such on pool/billiards.

Great school, really good teachers and such. The kids live on a college campus from 10-12th grade. Some of the brightest young minds we have in Louisiana go there....I went there, I'm not sure why they let me in :cool:

Well over talks with them I decided to donate the table to the school and we are going to start up a billiards program.

Eventually the table will be converted into a pool table....if the money gets donated or whatever RKC will show up to do that when we are ready in the future.....havent spoken to him but yea....lol tell him the greyone needs to speak with him :)

Anyways this is just a quick memo to all of my old friends on here, and the new ones i havent gotten to get to know as of yet. We are looking to get some nice house cues, some cloth, light, balls, rack, tips etc.

I'll even take cues that didn't make the cut in makers shops that the points aren't right or whatever makes you want to not sell them....no one would know who made anything I will keep that confidential as you would be doing a service as I'm sure it would be much better than a house cue. I will also take partially finished shafts and butts and complete it for them myself.

Please if anyone wants to donate anything can you just post up what you would like to give on this thread. That way people dont donate the same thing 3 times over lol.

I have much much more to talk about on the subject, but I have some lessons to give tonight and just wanted to give you all a "quick" rundown of whats going down starting off this Friday with disassembling the table and moving it over to the school.

Eventually there will be live streamed lessons and I would like to get the other traveling instructors to stop on in when they are crossing through the state.....room and dinner would be provided for anyone stopping by to donate their time and experience/knowledge...which is also why we are going to be getting this set up for live streaming and instructional video streaming for the kids to have access to and the teacher and resident advisors will be working directly with me since i wont be there day to day....long live the power of the interent lol

If anyone wants to reach me personally on the phone give me a call anytime (be quickest way of contact) 3183327240.....if i dont respond within a day or two that means I'm most likely on a callout in the Gulf of Mexico for work, then just email me keebie2@yahoo.com or private message me here.

regards,
Grey Ghost (keebie fleniken for those who possibly do not know my name):wink:

Keebie, this is an awesome thing you're doing. I know you are asking for help in the shape of stuff, but may I donate $20 for you to use as you see fit? Hopefully others will follow.

Good luck!

Dave

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Nicely done sir!
Glad to see you back on AZ Billiards.

Mark Griffin

Thank you Mark. :)

Same to you dave....I may use that 20 for some chalk....last time I spent $20 on chalk, was about 15 years ago....and i still have to boxes left lol.:cool:

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. My wife and many friends of ours graduated from LSMSA and I'm really hoping this has all turned out well and that the table is still being used.

Any update?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious if it’s a 10 foot snooker table, why you’d want to convert it to a pool table? To my observation, snooker is a wonderfully popular game in many locales, as well as being a very addictive game, much like one pocket.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny how the school name matches very well what pool is, since our game is pretty much just a combination of Math, Science and Art.