When did everyone get penis chalk?

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
I moved to a new area and I've been out of competition for a few years but got talked into a league.

Everyone has chalk hanging out of their pants pocket in a little holder.

When did that happen... I want my chalk on the table where it belongs.. they all look like their junk is hanging out. :cool:

bigshooter

Silver Member
Ever since pocket chalkers were deemed gay on AZ five years ago, I quit using them.

LOL! I actually called them gay in my original post then edited it out.:)

Everyone here seems to use them. I think they got them as an APA prize or something.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 or 3 of them and never even use them. I always use chalk on the table. Or My own that I keep at My seat. When I do use the chalkers, I never pocket them anyhow. Just lay them on the table.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notice them especially on 3's and 4's. I think I missed something? :rolleyes:
I'm just happy to have a decent piece of chalk somewhere around the table? :)

bigshooter

Silver Member
Actually I always have two pieces of chalk on the table at all times.
Not one... not three... two! and they must remain together as a pair the entire time I am at the table. It's a weird quirk I've developed over 30 years of being weird and playing pool.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
LOL! I actually called them gay in my original post then edited it out.:)

Everyone here seems to use them. I think they got them as an APA prize or something.

You see them quite a bit in the APA.
If you like those, you'll love the ones that clip to your belt and retract, like the leashes I use to walk my dogs.

Actually I always have two pieces of chalk on the table at all times.
Not one... not three... two! and they must remain together as a pair the entire time I am at the table. It's a weird quirk I've developed over 30 years of being weird and playing pool.

you would be easily sharked :cool:

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use tan chalk all the time on all my cues. I have a chalker and I am not afraid to use it.

I promise that you won't see me wearing a glove though. That is where I draw the line.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a tiny cube of chalk looks like your "junk hanging out", I feel sorry for you. :)

Unless of course, it is a hunk of Kamui chalk, then it is small but still worth a lot.

bigshooter

Silver Member
If a tiny cube of chalk looks like your "junk hanging out", I feel sorry for you. :)

Unless of course, it is a hunk of Kamui chalk, then it is small but still worth a lot.

I keep my jump cue in my pocket if you know what I mean. :wink:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I prefer a pocket chalker...play in enough dives that don't supply decent chalk & you will too.

bigshooter

Silver Member
I am just kidding BTW... if you like the pocket chalker go for it.

Maybe I should get some of those giant holes in my ears like the kids with all the piercings. I could just put my chalk in there.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Im totally a closeted ghey about my chalk... I PULL OUT my cube and stroke my tip with it and then proceed to place it back into my pants... Is that gay??? TBH I think its fine....

blbarnett03

Registered
I! fell prey to the pocket chalker out of peer pressure myself...i saw everyone doing it and i said wth i'll give it a whirl! It seems that the cheap one i got just is to bulky for me. I would rather just keep it in my hand. Good luck on your future endeavors with this mysterious phenomenon!!!

framedglasshadd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just googled "pocket chalker" right now. I have never seen nor known such a device for holding chalk. Not trying to criticize, just curious, but how is that useful? Is it like a lanyard... for chalk? I have always just left it on the table. If you don't put it on the table... wouldn't you have to...?... Never mind. I think it would be a little impractical if the chalk keeps staining your clothes, though.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I moved to a new area and I've been out of competition for a few years but got talked into a league.

When did that happen... I want my chalk on the table where it belongs.. they all look like their junk is hanging out. :cool:

Snooker players came up with this, because the table is 12x6 and walking to the other end to grab a chalk is long walk, and annoying, also do not like their table rails to get dirty, and players sit after every shot so no throwing chalks at each other or allowed!
I do like the magnet holder on your belt, it is convenient.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
:)

I use a small pouch like you see snooker players use.

Does that make me a Kangeroo?

TheThaiger

Banned
The majority of snooker players just bung it in their pocket, like everyone else should do. I hate seeing chalk on a rail.

What's wrong with the back pocket of your levis?