Any word from Dennis Searing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a positive to further reinforce Kenny statements. I have a very nice Searing. I bought it on the second market, not a flip, the seller had his reasons that are not important. It is private was was never offered for sale to anyone else.

Someone who is a friend of Dennis called me about a cue from another maker, based on a picture Alton posted on caps he made for me. I did not want to sell that cue, but it led to a discussion on cues. He learned I had an important Searing. About a month after that telephone conversation, Dennis called me out of the blue to:
1. See how I liked the cue
2. Was I using it
3. What I thought of the hit
4. My overall input

Ever hear of something like that? It is true, swear. I am just a guy who likes the game and have played for 50 years, on and off.

He is a perfectionist and is pulled in many directions. It I were a consultant, I would say turn off the phone so you can work.

BTW, I have never bought a cue direct from Dennis nor asked to be on the list. However, those of you in line will be pleased.

This thread needs to conclude on a positive note.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I am no Dean nut hugger, but I agree with him.

For the nitwits on the thread that criticize him because he asked how much for a box cue and DENNIS SAID $3800. Then Dean said he wanted a $6000 one. (meaning he wanted him to make it elabroate and he wasn't going to "jew" him down on price or nickle or dime him).

I asked a cuemaker and for a price and delivery. He wanted 25% of the cost of the cue immediately. I didnt "jew" him down either. He said 5 year delivery.

This cue makers MO was to build the cue, and then DEMAND thousands more than the price he took the 25% down on. I had tons of folks on AZ tell me that the SAME thing happened to them but please do not post their names. I promised and I have not shared their names, but I sure have alot of PMs and emails.

Showman didn't make the cue and after 7 years I threw a fit and got my deposit back. Several "nitwits" on this thread and AZ site offered to pay me my deposit because Showman didn't have the money (he is broke) and didn't want me to raise a fuss to keep the price of their cues up.

The part that pisses me off is so many cue makers, and I mean the very top cue makers, will build cues immediately for folks who they know and disregard any "list".

Ken

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Showman N Searing

Positive Thinking!! Azer's

Attachments

• showmanbutt2.jpg
    showmanbutt2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 405
  • showmanforearm.jpg
    showmanforearm.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 411

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I am no Dean nut hugger, but I agree with him.

For the nitwits on the thread that criticize him because he asked how much for a box cue and DENNIS SAID $3800. Then Dean said he wanted a $6000 one. (meaning he wanted him to make it elabroate and he wasn't going to "jew" him down on price or nickle or dime him).

I asked a cuemaker and for a price and delivery. He wanted 25% of the cost of the cue immediately. I didnt "jew" him down either. He said 5 year delivery.

This cue makers MO was to build the cue, and then DEMAND thousands more than the price he took the 25% down on. I had tons of folks on AZ tell me that the SAME thing happened to them but please do not post their names. I promised and I have not shared their names, but I sure have alot of PMs and emails.

Showman didn't make the cue and after 7 years I threw a fit and got my deposit back. Several "nitwits" on this thread and AZ site offered to pay me my deposit because Showman didn't have the money (he is broke) and didn't want me to raise a fuss to keep the price of their cues up.

The part that pisses me off is so many cue makers, and I mean the very top cue makers, will build cues immediately for folks who they know and disregard any "list".

Ken
How is your situation analogous to Dean's? Did Dean lose a deposit? For the record I supported your cause against Showman at the time, and still do. But this is simply sour grapes butthurterry on Dean's part. So he didn't get a cue, and now searing cues are mediocre.

Also, do you think putting jew in quotes somehow negates its inherent anti-Semitism? I mean, if you're going to use slurs just use them.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is your situation analogous to Dean's? Did Dean lose a deposit? For the record I supported your cause against Showman at the time, and still do. But this is simply sour grapes butthurterry on Dean's part. So he didn't get a cue, and now searing cues are mediocre.

Also, do you think putting jew in quotes somehow negates its inherent anti-Semitism? I mean, if you're going to use slurs just use them.

Okay, I am saying that cues were made ahead of Deans. How else would you explain his cue being "next", and that was years and years ago.

I actually play with a Searing shaft, and I admit its a dandy.

How is my situation similar to Deans, well skippy, my point is cues were built by Showman AHEAD of mine, and cues were built AHEAD of Deans.

To me, its a matter of integrity and for someone to say something and then do something else, shows a lack of it.

If the nuthuggers here would just admit Dennis and Showman lied and showed lack of integrity than that would be it.

I will agree with Dean again, the cues I have seen of Searing were pretty plain. I tend to like simpler cues, but to Deans point, comparing most Black Boars to the cues I have seen of Dennis would be of no comparison.

JMO,

Ken

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Positive Thinking!! Azer's
Great work by DS, as usual.

Hey Bruce, I'm 5'9" and 158 lbs.
No diabetes and high blood pressure like your bird brain arce.
Don't blame DS for your cues that have bad resale value .
Maybe you should hype your own cues on separate threads.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I guess some people just expect a certain date given and expect no less than that day.

I understand Deans frustration but I don't care for a story when there's only one side and it has two or three sides.

I was quoted a timeframe on Dennis' list but I well understand I'll probably have to wait much longer.

Do I personally care? Not really as long as I get my cue. I sent him some extraordinarily rare wood and I just want it used by the best of the best as there likely won't be another opportunity for me to get some of it in cue size.

My name is going to be (hopefully) inlaid into the cue somewhere, or at least my initials. And the FIRST thing Dennis asked me was if I plan to play with it.

What the hell else would I do with it? Of course I'm going to play with it. If I'm going to wait a decade for a toy I'm going to play the hell out of it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it should end positive. with hidy ho getting his cue back after 8 years waiting for a repair, and some of those told they were high on the list getting their cue as promised.

this never happens to me because as soon as someone i do business with lies to me for any reason i am through with him. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.