What Was the Best Mosconi Cup Shot Ever Made?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hi All,

As the latest Mosconi Cup rapidly approaches, I would be very interested to hear what AZers believe is the best Mosconi Cup single shot ever made by a USA player. I remember a crazy, stunning draw on a full length 2 ball made by Corey Deuel several years ago (2002?) that was so hard to make with shape that he had just pushed out to the spot of the cue ball after the break shot and was handed back the shot by the opponent.

What are your thoughts? And if possible, link to where the shot can be seen. I know there have been some outstanding, unbelievable shots made under extreme pressure.

Will Prout

Last edited:

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Hi All,

As the latest Mosconi Cup rapidly approaches, I would be very interested to hear what AZers believe is the best Mosconi Cup single shot ever made by a USA player. I remember a crazy, stunning draw on a full length 2 ball made by Corey Deuel several years ago (2007?) that was so hard to make with shape that he had just pushed out to the spot of the cue ball after the break shot and was handed back the shot by the opponent.

What are your thoughts? And if possible, link to where the shot can be seen. I know there have been some outstanding, unbelievable shots made under extreme pressure.

Will Prout

Nick Van Den Berg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvozx5VaTBY

ApoDra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

As the latest Mosconi Cup rapidly approaches, I would be very interested to hear what AZers believe is the best Mosconi Cup single shot ever made by a USA player. I remember a crazy, stunning draw on a full length 2 ball made by Corey Deuel several years ago (2007?) that was so hard to make with shape that he had just pushed out to the spot of the cue ball after the break shot and was handed back the shot by the opponent.

Will Prout

This shot gets my vote also. It is one of the best shot I have seen executed and not only in Mosconi cup. It was on Mosconi cup 2003 go to 40minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkK0_2KtBi4

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Will Prout

Reading is fundamental.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Reading is fundamental.

That's what I was thinking.....USA player in the Mosconi.
I love Corey's shot, drawing from the rail.

Would you believe he drew a shot like that frozen over another ball....
..when he was a kid, on the road with Alex.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would bet against the majority of this forum, heck, the majority of professional pool players doing (or even considering) the shot that Corey pulled off.

For that reason alone, it gets my vote as the greatest MC shot.

All others mentioned are good shots, but not even close in comparison.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Corey's, I watched the shot for the first time today and thought the same thing. I'm thinking several guys like Nevel and most other pro level players could pull it off, but probably not in one try under pressure. Just seeing the look on Feijen's face pretty much confirms that imo, so that shot gets my vote. Mellings shot was awesome too.

I would bet against the majority of this forum, heck, the majority of professional pool players doing (or even considering) the shot that Corey pulled off.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member

I have to disagree, not one player on the planet except Alex would dare to play this shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xiae-32rM