Law of unintended circumstances

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I took my Mighty Mouse cue with the
warning in a bold balloon "HERE I COME TO GET THE CHEESE"

to the pool room,I was expecting to get the usual results all the regulars would
get a laugh,several would ask to hold it,a few would ask about the play and I
would let them hit it.

A few might tell me they could play just as good with a cheap cue and mention
the old Indian and the Arrow story

what happened was beyond my wildest expectations

A big blow hard had just breezed into the town with a pocket full of $100 bills
( exactly278 of the bills),seems that he had just won a poker tournament at the
Indian Reservation in Oklahoma about 100 miles north of Dallas

,I will just tell the story of what happened,he decried the pretty boy cue and began
to rant about how
POKER player get together to gamble and pool players gather to talk,knock and do
nothing

I agreed with everything he said,but rather than argue I asked him to explain what he
meant,he did( I don't need to tell you the substance of his soliloquy,we
all know the familiar refrain)

Finally after he held court for a while I invited him to try his luck at a game of one pocket

He agreed but insisted that i play high,now this is always my favorite thing to do,
but I tried to remain withdrawn.

You guys know as well as I do,the old saying about fanning the flames of desire with the cool breeze of withdrawal.

Meaning in this case,this Bully of a gambler would withdraw if I appeared eager,
but let me display a little show of fear uncertainty reticence and he would plunge on ahead

The story might not seem so interesting to you guys.You might have need to be there
But in case you are wondering how I knew the exact number of$100 Bills he had.
I was counting them on the way home,and that is why I bought myself that new black 2 door Ford 150 Black pickup truck that I didn't really need.

You want to hear another one concerning this very same GAMBLING MOUSE CUE attracting another big score when his flashy young thing started admig my cue and he thought she was getting just a little too cozy with this 75 year old timer and started flashing his bank roll around?

But I digress,I had a big week and thought maybe some of you guys might enjoy a humorous story that resulted in a big score

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you want to see the cue
look in the for sale section,i have 2 so i plan to keep the one i play

i think you will like the looks and see why it causes so much interest
every time i take it out

at one time i had JB make me a few of these cases,but I am having trouble reaching him these days

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you want to see the cue
look in the for sale section,i have 2 so i plan to keep the one i play

i think you will like the looks and see why it causes so much interest
every time i take it out

at one time i had JB make me a few of these cases,but I am having trouble reaching him these days

You can find him arguing politics on Facebook.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Isn't the expression "unintended consequences"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
,but I am having trouble reaching him these days

Mr. $10,000 is too busy with bullshit. Usually replies when his stuff is criticized or he does not like what someone else has made or done. Great cases yes. Communication...he's not interested. Business is too good. I wanted a nice oil tan 4/8...nobody got back to me. Bought a Longoni Giotto instead and love it.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like john
and i like his cases
i think he is good for pool

i hope he is not mad at me because i think highly of him

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. $10,000 is too busy with bullshit. Usually replies when his stuff is criticized or he does not like what someone else has made or done. Great cases yes. Communication...he's not interested. Business is too good. I wanted a nice oil tan 4/8...nobody got back to me. Bought a Longoni Giotto instead and love it.

This is for sure.

His products are good enough that folks will run him down to buy them, but he sure doesn't make it easy. I own several and like them, buy I doubt that I would expend the necessary effort to ever buy another one. Hate begging someone to take my money.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Dean, I think this has more to do with the law of reciprocity....

3E442FB4-360B-4E44-B47E-77CD08B2AE32.jpeg

You show the game some respect.....and give it a good time....
...it’ll take care of you...

You wanna truck....a truck you got....:happydance:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys see why I like to carry a nice cue and

expensive interesting equipment attracts action

If you see a fella playing a sneaky pete,what is your first thought?

Stay away from that guy,he is probably a hustler,and even if he isn't,
he probably is not the typE Of guy to have any money to lose

So why gamble with a guy like that?

The first thing I look for is a person with money,if he doesn't have any why should i play him?

2nd.. I ask myself,does he act and talk like a pool player,if so he is not usually worth playing

3rd Even if he has money and really is a good player,I never let that keep me from playing if he has a history of losing

4th If he has a stake horse I like that because he will not be as stingy as he would if he were playIng His own money

5th If he is ready to offer me a spot as opposed to the know nothing jerks who say
spot isa dog or some other contrived nonsense that shows he has no idea what he is doing

6th
If he has a history of losing one or two games ang jumping or adjusting,I avoid him too

7th If he is a road player like Ronnie with a good horse and keeps wanting to jack the bet,I like that too

But I digress,I was starting by telling you guys the advantages of playing fancy cues and carrying expensive cases,wearing expensive clothes,sport coats, and nice shoes

If you neglect these basics and wonder why someone else is always winning the big scores you are never going to be a big stakes winner

I rrember in the 60s we were always wearing alligator shoes,nice slacks,combed hair
Rolex watches and playing the part

I still like those days better

When you see todays so called pros dress like the "WORK FOR FOOD"

bums at the corner,you just know there is no future in pro pool

ask yourself"who wants to sponsor guys with such a poor image?

Oh,by the way,do you like the Mighty mouse package?

Come to Dallas and win it

I

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post, Dean! Give us some more details.

Without knowing how he played, how did you negotiate the game/bet/etc?

Did you adjust your 'speed' to keep him on the hook.

Enquiring minds want to know.