Silver Member
You are very right Brent... :eek:

Hope my payments to you don't have issues in the future. :wink:

paypal is great when all goes smooth
but heaven help you if a problem arises
they are the worst fkn people to deal with
customer service is pathetic
i've got a problem from two years ago that still has not been resolved
even if you happen to get lucky enough to speak with someone that speaks english, all they do is read a pre-written script of explanations off to you
oh, and that is after being on hold for an hour

Jerry Forsyth

I have used PayPal for years with no problem until last week. One of our writers sent me a paypal invoice for $75. Paypal refused my payment attempts with three different credit cards. No explanation, just refused to accept the cards. All three cards have been in mu use for over four years and have had every balance paid off every month. No late payments, no delinquencies. I have perfect credit, very high credit score. But Paypal refused my cards. I sent the writer a check through the mail. AZB used to use Paypal to accept ad payments but now one of our advertisers has had his transaction refused this last week so we will probably go back to wire transfers. I am curious as to why they got so restrictive. It defies logic for them to deny transactions between businesses with AAA credit ratings. For Paypal to flourish it must first and foremost be reliable. I do not find it be so currently.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I have no idea as I have not gotten a straight answer to what my issue is. I'm not holding my breath either.

I couldn't agree with you more. Paypal screwed me and I hate to use them, but ebay has made it impossible to not have a Paypal account......

James

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Paypal

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Zita
PayPal, an eBay Company

You see, it was a "pleasure to assist you".
She thanked you for using Paypal, that should take care of it.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
I have used PayPal for years with no problem until last week. One of our writers sent me a paypal invoice for $75. Paypal refused my payment attempts with three different credit cards. No explanation, just refused to accept the cards. All three cards have been in mu use for over four years and have had every balance paid off every month. No late payments, no delinquencies. I have perfect credit, very high credit score. But Paypal refused my cards. I sent the writer a check through the mail. AZB used to use Paypal to accept ad payments but now one of our advertisers has had his transaction refused this last week so we will probably go back to wire transfers. I am curious as to why they got so restrictive. It defies logic for them to deny transactions between businesses with AAA credit ratings. For Paypal to flourish it must first and foremost be reliable. I do not find it be so currently.

Wow... That is truely amazing...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I've been a Paypal user since 2005 and have never had a problem with them. I've use this service for it's convenience. I've heard lots of bad stories here and there, but now it happened to me, I feel for others frustration.

I'm a Verified Premium User. I've been making payments in amounts even higher than the $2,100 I was trying to pay.

I have to make 3 small payments in a span of 3 days just to make the amount needed. It really sucks and no amount of complaining made Paypal solve the problem. Paypal's resolution was to offer me excuses upon excuses but no real help for my issue.

In the future, I'll avoid using Paypal as much as possible.

Paypal is a credit card vendor. I'm thinking it's a security issue - nothing personal on you, and probably won't happen too often. They probably have you on some sort of a limit - not per transaction but overall for a time period - say $3,000 per month or $2000 per week, something like that.

They are at risk for each purchase made on a credit card - a risk that if the credit card company or bank doesn't pay them because of a default, then they hold the bag for the loss. They consider each credit card paid sale as extending credit. Why? It's complicated, but basically they are left holding the bag for any chargeback they can't collect on. The fee they collect - $60 on a $2000 sale, is nothing compared to losing $2000 due to a credit card default.

A few years ago, every once in a while, for security purposes, I know they wouldn't let me use a credit card on one specific random transaction for some reason. They denied me a credit card purchase for a few thousand (it had nothing to do with the credit card and I had several to choose from) and they would only accept a bank transfer. Once that came up in that one transaction - that was it - it would not take the credit card no matter who I yelled at. I could pay by credit card for other transactions, but not the one that was denied.

Paypal is a great service but it's not without its foibles. It's hard for us to understand the credit card vendor principles - but basically they are trying to manage their exposure to credit card losses.

Chris

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I can only speculate that Paypal might be in a "fees" dispute with their banks and denying some credit card transactions in an effort to manipulate negotiations.

They'll sure lose a lot of customers if they keep this up.

You might have to put money on the light from now on.

Chris

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
When something leaves an after-taste in my mouth, I really don't care, I just move on to the next one. Paypal is not the only service available in town.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Blowfish, for larger transactions, I find it cheaper to use a telegraphic transfer through the local bank.The down side, most US banks charge $15 for the draft to be recieved,and they charge $NZ 25 to send .They can be upto NZ $10,000 for the same fees.

Neil

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
After all the confirmation(emails and calls) and telling them it's a legit transaction and all then still get the same sh!t, I will avoid them.

BTW, I was paying for a cue to a cuemaker.

Oh, so they should just take your word for it that it's a legit transaction? Would you be satisfied hearing that Paypal just takes anyone's word for it? I don't see what the problem is. If anything I'm glad they have the security in place. Makes me feel safe. Hey, if you have to do three 700.00 payments then so be it.

The postal service here in Japan is like that. You can't send an international money order for any more than 700.00. When I bought a 4,000 cue I was standing there for days filling out 700.00 money orders. It's a pain in the ass but that's the way it is.
MULLY

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Hi Blowfish, for larger transactions, I find it cheaper to use a telegraphic transfer through the local bank.The down side, most US banks charge $15 for the draft to be recieved,and they charge $NZ 25 to send .They can be upto NZ $10,000 for the same fees.

Neil

Yes, but the lines are freaken long. Western Union is another option.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Oh, so they should just take your word for it that it's a legit transaction? Would you be satisfied hearing that Paypal just takes anyone's word for it? I don't see what the problem is. If anything I'm glad they have the security in place. Makes me feel safe. Hey, if you have to do three 700.00 payments then so be it.

The postal service here in Japan is like that. You can't send an international money order for any more than 700.00. When I bought a 4,000 cue I was standing there for days filling out 700.00 money orders. It's a pain in the ass but that's the way it is.
MULLY

If you care to read, I am a Premium/Verified Paypal Account holder. There are questions that are asked to verify when you call for help (Help Desk) that you are who you are. They have also confirmed that their should be no Limit in one of the emails. $2100 is not a big amount, I paid way more than that on previous transactions.

Anyways, Paypal was convenient, that was their advantage. Now it isn't anymore. Fortunately, the cuemaker I was paying was patient enough to wait 3 days.

Last edited:

dfweyer

Play it safe...
Silver Member
I made a $2k payment in November without a hitch, haven't had a problem with paypal except when trying to make a claim at 48 days which is 3 days after their claim deadline for refund requests. Been using Paypal since they 1st started.

Been a user since it was X.com, never had a problem!