Bridge rack installation thoughts

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wondering if Diamond uses the same thickness of plywood on all their Pro-Am tables despite their length? Which screws should I use and how long should they be. I am going to add a rack under my table to hold a bridge stick like we have all seen in pool halls before. I was also wondering if there is a standard side of the table to install said rack say if you were facing the table from the foot of the table?

I realize it sounds like a noob question but I don't want to take anything for granted nor do I want to make any errors I want it to be perfect.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am wondering if Diamond uses the same thickness of plywood on all their Pro-Am tables despite their length? Which screws should I use and how long should they be. I am going to add a rack under my table to hold a bridge stick like we have all seen in pool halls before. I was also wondering if there is a standard side of the table to install said rack say if you were facing the table from the foot of the table?

I realize it sounds like a noob question but I don't want to take anything for granted nor do I want to make any errors I want it to be perfect.

Bridge holders or hooks can normally go on either side of the table (or both). But I'd guess that more shots with a bridge are taken with the player facing from the head (breaking end) of the table toward the foot (racking end) than the other way around (at least in 14.1!). So if you are right handed and carry your cue in your right hand between shots, you might prefer leaning over to the left side of the table (breaker's left) and grabbing the bridge with your left hand (and vice versa) on the majority of such shots. At least that's what I prefer.

As for screws, I doubt that it matters much with something so light. Just use one that sort of fills the hole you stick it through and doesn't stick out the other side of whatever you are screwing it into (if fingers could ever reach that other side).

Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put the hooks on the side of the table you are inclined to shoot opposite handed shots.

Standing at the head rail, if you are right-handed, put it on the right side. If you are left-handed, put it on the left side.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

All the bottoms are 3/4" plywood so you won't have any problem with that.