Where is Mizerak's Richard Black?

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Richard Black made it. Rich

AH, yeah, I know that hence my post: Where is Mizeraks RICHARD BLACK If your alluding to the fact that I could get ahold of Mr. Black and ask him to make me one, that would be contrary to my interest in the cue that Mr. Mizerak owned.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blair Thein I believe has one of Miz's most famous cues (and case). Not sure if that is the one.

He started posting on here in the last 2 weeks. He is the poolpokerand pain guy. Maybe he will see this and comment.

icon2

jeff
Silver Member
searing

Blair Thein I believe has one of Miz's most famous cues (and case). Not sure if that is the one.
his cue is a searing, and according to this text was the last cue steve used in competition.
with a case that is a "tribute" to the famous beer commercial, and was used by steve in "the color of money"
he did have some very nice hi-res pics taken of the duo!

sorry, can't help on locating the rblack.
assume you've contacted richard.

4110347202_aa4432503d_o.jpg

Last edited:

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
I like the look of that Searing...

Any close-up photos floating around of it?

(sorry to derail, but I was going to also suggest you have Richard replicate the cue while he is still doing them!)

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
his cue is a searing, and according to this text was the last cue steve used in competition.
with a case that is a "tribute" to the famous beer commercial, and was used by steve in "the color of money"
he did have some very nice hi-res pics taken of the duo!

4110347202_aa4432503d_o.jpg

What a great piece of history that is documented!
Going to download that for my files.

"Super D" sure makes a nice cue.
Hope to have one made for me one day...

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve's Richard Black cue looked pretty awesome :)

I know that Steve has an original George Balabushka cue stick at one time that was made for him 2x Dove inlays into an ebony butt sleeve, as it was pictured in one of Steve's books that I had years back :)

I also remember that Steve had a white leather 2x4 case that had the "Miller Lite" on it from the days of when he did the beer commercials as it was pictured in the same book also along with some of the other cases he had in that time :)

Willie

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
like 1994-1995 Steve was doing exibitions

My friend Mr. Ty Wilson and I picked Steve up at the airport. In a Lincoln continental . The Miz says is this the biggest car you could get>I would take Steve back to the Hotel,after the shows. I had asked Steve If I could try the cues? he would let me take them at night He would tell Ty can I trust him with the cues Ty said yes. I would play all night. Ty and I had a wonderful 5 course Italian dinner with Mr Mizerak. The last time I spent time with Steve he had 3 plain Richard Blacks, ebony extra lenght. Steve sold( that) the cue you are curious about, for a nice chunk of change.(like 26,000) And it sent Richard black Off!!!!! I could have bought all 3 other cues for like 5,000. Paul Mottey had a cue coming to Steve then. In Richard blacks shop there were still shafts he had made up for Steve and Allen Hopkins Cues. I had Ty buy like 6-7 Richard Blacks then- great deal too -7,000. another point during a straight pool exhibition Ty ran like 68 balls with a Bud Light cue on Steve. Steve mentioned something about his contacts,and they'd finish later. For Ty it was a very special moment. Richard Black might remember who bought it. but personally I won't touch that can of beans for anything. mark

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have wondered where "That" Richard black that was built for the Miz.

I Do have set of cues that Richard Black built for Miz, You can verify the authicianty, they are real as my bad spelling.

Email me if your interested:

ep90210@hotmail.com

I have the cue set, a book of pics that was built for the set-unpublished pics, and the Miz's signature on the LOA. Its kinda sad thought you can tell he signed it after the stroke. Cues are awesome. I rarely sell cues but I'm making a few minor adjustments to my collection.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> The "Victoria" cue was apparently for sale at least one other time. At the 1994 U.S. Open 9-ball,I came into the practice room and Steve was talking to a Asian man,who was trying to buy the cue.

After he left,I asked Steve what he was planning on playing with if/after he sold it. He said it wouldn't be an issue after he got home,because he said he had "a closet full",but wasn't gonna be home for 6 weeks. I offered to let him hit some balls with my Schon,and he said it hit nice,but wasn't heavy or long enough for him,but for the right price he'd take it if the Asian man bought his. It obviously didn't happen until later,but I tried.

The next time I saw him was in '95,and he still had it. The next time was in 2000,and he was playing with a crazy-nice Balabushka,but said he had Searings coming. Tommy D.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...they are real as my bad spelling.

...signature on the LOA...

Damn, Dude!:eek::grin:
The 'c' and the 'l' are on totally different sides of the keyboard!

I believe he is referring to the 'COA', not the 'Leave of Absence'.:grin::grin:

hoppecopy

Registered
mizerak cues

I saw that cue, before Miz got it... it was nice... I personally own to of Mizs cue, that Richard made... They are my pride and joys... Richard took my brother and I and Miz and Wife out to lunch, many years ago... Still remember that day!!!!!! Cloud 9....

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
My friend Mr. Ty Wilson and I picked Steve up at the airport. In a Lincoln continental . The Miz says is this the biggest car you could get>I would take Steve back to the Hotel,after the shows. I had asked Steve If I could try the cues? he would let me take them at night He would tell Ty can I trust him with the cues Ty said yes. I would play all night. Ty and I had a wonderful 5 course Italian dinner with Mr Mizerak. The last time I spent time with Steve he had 3 plain Richard Blacks, ebony extra lenght. Steve sold( that) the cue you are curious about, for a nice chunk of change.(like 26,000) And it sent Richard black Off!!!!! I could have bought all 3 other cues for like 5,000. Paul Mottey had a cue coming to Steve then. In Richard blacks shop there were still shafts he had made up for Steve and Allen Hopkins Cues. I had Ty buy like 6-7 Richard Blacks then- great deal too -7,000. another point during a straight pool exhibition Ty ran like 68 balls with a Bud Light cue on Steve. Steve mentioned something about his contacts,and they'd finish later. For Ty it was a very special moment. Richard Black might remember who bought it. but personally I won't touch that can of beans for anything. mark

This is that Mottey...

936_bg.jpg

I remember seeing Steve in Elizabeth NJ in the early 90's with some of Richards cues. Him and Jack Colavita.

JV

jzcam

One of the cues Mizerak used

Ok,, I accidently came across this post and had to respond. I actually own the cue made by Richard Black in 1984 that was used by Mizerak in the movie The Color of Money during the filming. I also have the cenntinial case. This cue was the first prototype made by Richard for Miz and was named "Karim". Still frame the scene where Miz looses to Paul Newman and breaks his cue apart. The case is on the table and the detail of the cue forearm is very clearly MY CUE>> Ok,, enough said. Have a great day Richard Black.

mrphantuan

Ok,,du hoc singapore I accidently came across this post and had to respond. I actually own the cue made by Richard Black in 1984 that was used by Mizerak in the movie The Color of Money during the filming. I also have the cenntinial case. This cue was the first prototype made by Richard for Miz and was named "Karim". Still frame the scene where Miz looses to Paul Newman and breaks his cue apart. The case is on the table and the detail of the cue forearm is very clearly MY CUE>> Ok,, enough said. Have a great day Richard Black.

I know that Steve has an original George Balabushka cue stick at one time that was made for him 2x Dove inlays into an ebony butt sleeve, as it was pictured in one of Steve's books that I had years back

Last edited: