Custom Cue

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
branpureza said:
i'm hoping to make the move in december after this semester of school is over. you ever been to "on the snap" billiards in farquay varina? i think that's how you spell it...

Yes I have been to On the Snap. I live right across the street from it. Lucky for Me. It is a very Nice Place.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like them thar perty cues thet knock them round thangs in tha holes and I get munny fer. So, CNC or sharp, I like all thangs sharp. They hep me git paid.

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
I like them thar perty cues thet knock them round thangs in tha holes and I get munny fer. So, CNC or sharp, I like all thangs sharp. They hep me git paid.

Damn, They have let the rednecks in hear again.:D :D :D

Se ya Tomorrow. Crawfish

Last edited:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Poke N Hope said:
Yes I have been to On the Snap. I live right across the street from it. Lucky for Me. It is a very Nice Place.

ohhh.. are you the one that said you live like .2 miles away? they have what 10 diamonds? how many are pro cut? i heard it was 2. any other info on the place? many players there? is it smokey? do they keep the equipment up? etc... thanks.

in greenville here there is one decent table in the whole city and it's at a place that has bands all the time and country music blaring... i'll be glad to find a decent place to practice. i miss the days when i was only a hop, skip, and a jump from q-masters in va beach.

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
branpureza said:
ohhh.. are you the one that said you live like .2 miles away? they have what 10 diamonds? how many are pro cut? i heard it was 2. any other info on the place? many players there? is it smokey? do they keep the equipment up? etc... thanks.

in greenville here there is one decent table in the whole city and it's at a place that has bands all the time and country music blaring... i'll be glad to find a decent place to practice. i miss the days when i was only a hop, skip, and a jump from q-masters in va beach.

Yes that is me, 10 Diamond Pro-AMS and 2 are pro-cut. With lots a room between tables. It's only been open for a few months, however they do seem to be taking care of the place very well. It has 16' ceiling with good ventilation so cig smoke is not a problem. Mostly bangers only a few real players so far.

If your living in Greenville, must be going to ECU. Have you been to Happys, Emarld City and ON Cue. Everytime I have been to these places the equipment has been in good condition?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Did that have anything to do with Meucci sponsoring the tour?

Notice I said the last 10 years.
Sure but why buy a Schon?
Just buy Chinese imports.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Poke N Hope said:
Yes that is me, 10 Diamond Pro-AMS and 2 are pro-cut. With lots a room between tables. It's only been open for a few months, however they do seem to be taking care of the place very well. It has 16' ceiling with good ventilation so cig smoke is not a problem. Mostly bangers only a few real players so far.

If your living in Greenville, must be going to ECU. Have you been to Happys, Emarld City and ON Cue. Everytime I have been to these places the equipment has been in good condition?

yeah... happy's gets too busy with kids drinking and all the other elements associated with it being stuck right downtown. emerald city is a joke if you have been there lately... they have incandescent lighting and sometimes only 1 bulb is working, not to mention the spilled drink stains everywhere. and on cue is what i was talking about when i said 1 decent table, and only halfway decent at that... they just recently changed the name to "live" and took out all but four of the tables... now its more like a club than the poolroom it used to be...

all i'm asking for is a couple level diamond smart tables with some simonis and a decent atmosphere. is that too much to ask??? :p

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Poke N Hope said:
The ebony is v-spliced. The rest is cnc.

I totally disagree, the ebony point are just cut with a smaller bit and hand finished at the tips. The point on that cue are still CNC cut, however it still looks good.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
First, you can make spliced cues with a cnc mill. So, v-points doesn't mean they are not cnc'd anymore.
There's a stigma that people put on custom cues as being better in quality than a production cues.
OK, so a Runde now is not any better than a cookie-cutter Schon out there?
Seen x-rays of cues lately?
Richard says he loved the way his old McDermott played, and used that cue as the design for his own cues. McDermott.[/
Err, I wonder if Richard likes the new McD's. All flat-bottom points now arent' they? I doubt if Richard's butts have the same taper as McD's. They don't for a reason. His shafts' taper is nowhere close to McD's either.
There are bad custom cues and great production cues.
That's given. Bad custom cuemakers don't hang around that long. Even if he had a hall of fame credentials. Once the word got out his cues are getting crappy, the phone stops ringing.
So you made 50-60 cues to answer a dare?

Joey, or any other poster, what do you call the point construction used during the construction of Brunswick Titlist cues. Please I am not talking about the usage of Full Splice which describes the entire butt, I am talking only about the points. Are the points V-spliced, Cut, inlayed, work type of construction was used.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
branpureza said:
yeah... happy's gets too busy with kids drinking and all the other elements associated with it being stuck right downtown. emerald city is a joke if you have been there lately... they have incandescent lighting and sometimes only 1 bulb is working, not to mention the spilled drink stains everywhere. and on cue is what i was talking about when i said 1 decent table, and only halfway decent at that... they just recently changed the name to "live" and took out all but four of the tables... now its more like a club than the poolroom it used to be...

all i'm asking for is a couple level diamond smart tables with some simonis and a decent atmosphere. is that too much to ask??? :p

Well, then com'n down to the snap. They got what your looking for.

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manwon said:
I totally disagree, the ebony point are just cut with a smaller bit and hand finished at the tips. The point on that cue are still CNC cut, however it still looks good.

Maybe, But I guess the only way to know is to ask Tony. I have never seen a Black Boar that didn't look good.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
manwon said:
Joey, or any other poster, what do you call the point construction used during the construction of Brunswick Titlist cues. Please I am not talking about the usage of Full Splice which describes the entire butt, I am talking only about the points. Are the points V-spliced, Cut, inlayed, work type of construction was used.

Thanks in advance
They were bandsawed I think.:eek:
They are "fork" points.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
manwon said:

the outer points ARE spliced then the tips are pocketed and inlaid at the top. points within them are sometimes inlaid as in this cue.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
skins said:
the outer points ARE spliced then the tips are pocketed and inlaid at the top. points within them are sometimes inlaid as in this cue.
Too bad it doesn't play as well as a Schon.
No world title has been won by a BB.
Only a Bike Open by Busta. :D :eek:
Joey~Knows pros can't afford their own cues . When they can, they hock it as soon as they are broke. The phenomenon is called Paricahitis~

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
They were bandsawed I think.:eek:
They are "fork" points.

Actually they are made using a table saw. I think these may be the only truely Spliced points. So from now on I will always call them Truely Spliced points!!!!!!!!!:D

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
by definition "Custom" means "made to order"

If a cuemaker has "custom" in his name, it means he will accept custom orders, it doesn't necessarily mean every cue he makes is custom. In contrast, if a cuemaker doesn't have "custom" in his name, doesn't mean he will not do a custom cue.

georgeh

joe gold won't do custom... well, lengths anyways...