Shannon Daulton- One Pocket & Banks H.O.F.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Over at Steve Booth's great site, OnePocket.org, it's that time of year again where we vote for who should be enshrined in the One Pocket Hall of Fame as well as the Banks Hall of Fame.

As usual, there are many highly qualified champions on the ballots. Naturally, I'm pushing, rooting and politicing for Shannon Daulton and have voted for him on each ballot.

Shannon Daulton has been one of our country's best all around champion since he won his first Legends of One Pocket title in 1992 at age 20. Let's give him his due as the great tournament and money player that he is.

He's been overlooked in past years because some have instead voted for older players who have less credentials. Their thinking was "Let's vote for someone who's still alive so they can enjoy the recognition", even though they were never as accomplished as "The Cannon". The fallacy with that tinking is lots of young guys die earlier then we expect. Mike Carella is a great example. An even better argument is Harold Worst, who died at age 37.
Shannon's already 40.

He should not be penalized and left out just because of his young age. It's not his fault he won so many championships when he was so young. He couldn't help himself from winning!

In any other sport, those inducted into Hall of Fames are selected based on their credentials. Not "Well, so & so is getting old now, so let's make him feel good and pass over guys with multiple World Championships and get him in before he dies." That a popularity contest, not a valid measurement of the actual pecking order.

Gambling is the other criteria for induction here. Well, Shannon's been in action since he was 8 years old. He's 40 now. So he has multiple titles and has been gambling for 32 + years.

Another thing, he's actually given something back to the sport. He founded the Great Southern Billiard Tour, which gives players the chance to earn more money. Of the men already inducted, only Grady, Allen Hopkins and Bill Staton have ever promoted touraments. I mean, the Jansco brothers are already in the Hall of Fame soley for promoting the Johnston City Tournaments.

If you're a fan of Shannon Daulton, if you appreciate the fact that he has won multiple major championships and if you enjoy having the Great Southern Billiard Tour, then you may want to show your support by casting your vote for his induction into the One Pocket Hall of Fame and the Bank Pool Hall of Fame.

If you feel there is someone else more qualified (there isn't :D) this year, then vote for them.

There's also a catagory for "Deceased Champions" to be voted on.

Here's the link......http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Good luck to all of the candidates! BEST of luck to The Cannon! :D

And thanks to Steve Booth and those who help him at the DCC (especially Freddy The Beard Bentivegna) for having such a fun way of giving back to our great sport's best champions.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted for Shannon for both banks and 1pocket he is well deserving for both...

On a side note how in the world did Tony Coleman get nominated for banks? What's he ever done besides donate to derby ring games... Just curious

John Brumback

Silver Member
Shannon wanted me to let everyone know that He has never lost to Cliff for the $ playing one hole.He said they have played like 15 times.

Guess I'll vote for him into the banks hof too:p. I voted for him in the one pocket.Good luck to my good buddy... Shannon the Cannon Daulton !!

Did I ever tell the story about him shooting a hole through my brothers brand new shop roof with his deer rifle:eek::D I shouldn't tell on him like that but oh well,hehe. John B.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I voted for Shannon in One Pocket, but I don't know how in the world anyone would not vote for Larry Price out of the list of Bank Pool candidates. He's a two time Derby City Bank Pool Champion. There is no bigger measure of Bank Pool ability than the DCC... and to win it twice is as big as it gets in bank Pool.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I voted for Shannon in One Pocket, but I don't know how in the world anyone would not vote for Larry Price out of the list of Bank Pool candidates. He's a two time Derby City Bank Pool Champion. There is no bigger measure of Bank Pool ability than the DCC... and to win it twice is as big as it gets in bank Pool.

I agree.....even though Shannon probably deserves that one, too.

John Brumback

Silver Member
I voted for Shannon for both banks and 1pocket he is well deserving for both...

On a side note how in the world did Tony Coleman get nominated for banks? What's he ever done besides donate to derby ring games... Just curious

My guess would be because of the big $ he will bet playin banks;)
He will bet it up!! John B.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be right John, but betting it and winning when you bet it are two totally different things :thumbup:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shannon wanted me to let everyone know that He has never lost to Cliff for the $ playing one hole.He said they have played like 15 times.

Guess I'll vote for him into the banks hof too:p. I voted for him in the one pocket.Good luck to my good buddy... Shannon the Cannon Daulton !!

Did I ever tell the story about him shooting a hole through my brothers brand new shop roof with his deer rifle:eek::D I shouldn't tell on him like that but oh well,hehe. John B.

john you should post that over there at 1p.org
jmho

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shannon for sure, if not this year then in the future. He has accomplished more than enough to have his due, he dont have to hit another ball to be in IMO.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess would be because of the big $ he will bet playin banks;)
He will bet it up!! John B.

How ya bank'en man??? LOL "One at a time, that's how".:thumbup:

hope your good

best
Fatboy:) <----------is much happier with his bank game now than last time we played, well you played and I racked....

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shannon for sure, if not this year then in the future. He has accomplished more than enough to have his due, he dont have to hit another ball to be in IMO.

I agree and will get over and vote in short order!

Edit: Shannon in the One Pocket, Larry Price in Banks.

Last edited:

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a short highlight reel of shannon vs efren at derby.... Might want to mute it.... Music is not for everyone but shotmaking is outstanding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToxcZh4ILI

Tx for sharing Terry... Do I have to register to vote on that forum???

Ask shannon about some of the champions he's 3 fouled... Pretty sure he's 3 fouled efren a few times... How many people can say that?

I've always enjoyed shannon's game... Been watching him play on accustats since early 90s...

Here is the link to the 92 legends final....

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...on+Daulton+vs.+Steve+Mizerak*+(Finals)++(DVD)

Mizerak and shannon go hill-hill in a race to 5 that runs over 3 hours...

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I voted for Shannon in both categories. First reason being that he is the best candidate IMO and the second is he is a good friend of mine and I want to see him get his due respect.

Larry was a great player and I liked him a lot. I think he is definitely deserving of the honor but Shannon is my pick this year. As far as liking goes, I like the heck outta Cliff too but not enough to vote him in this year.:) Cliff was a great player for many years and is also deserving but not over Shannon this go-round.

Let's just get the SD double up out of the way this year, it is inevitable that he is going to be inducted into both.... and very soon.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
I voted for Shannon in both categories. First reason being that he is the best candidate IMO and the second is he is a good friend of mine and I want to see him get his due respect.

Larry was a great player and I liked him a lot. I think he is definitely deserving of the honor but Shannon is my pick this year. As far as liking goes, I like the heck outta Cliff too but not enough to vote him in this year.:) Cliff was a great player for many years and is also deserving but not over Shannon this go-round.

Let's just get the SD double up out of the way this year, it is inevitable that he is going to be inducted into both.... and very soon.

Yep!

Who else has played at that high a level in both disciplines for so long and from such a young age! He couldn't help it that he was that good!

Prime for prime, I'd bet high on SD over Mr Joyner at 1P and especially so in banks.

One funny moment I'll always remember is when Corey Deuel used an 8 ball break in a 1P match vs SD. He had the "Velvet Foghorn" Ervolino sputtering like an old lawn mower in need of a tune up when he seen how Corey whacked 'em! Shannon looked at him like he was nuts! I still get a kick out of watching that match.

Ain't nobody can deny he's got thoroughbred cajones!

Last edited: