Chuck Starkey

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not a review of Mr. Starkey’s cues (which are unique and excellent players),
it’s a commentary on exceptional customer service (Top Shelf). Short story goes-
I purchased a cue from Chuck recently and there was a small
issue with the finish on the shaft, nothing that couldn’t be remedied by any good cue builder. Chuck asked that I send the shaft back and he would do a 48 hour turn around back to me. He would also reimburse me the shipping. Sounded more than fair. Upon opening the returned shipping tube I noticed 2 shafts and a note.

“The Extra Shaft is for all the problems you had with the cue.
Hope you enjoy the cue. Chuck Starkey.”

Need I say more.

MCP

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've known Chuck a long time and couldn't recommend any cue maker more highly. He somehow manages to stay under the radar while making some of the best hitting cues ever made! Just get him to make you one of his special (all done by hand!) big wood pin cues and you will swear by it. He is the only cue maker so far who has duplicated the one piece feel of a good house cue. If you think that is some kind of joke then you just don't know what you don't know! :rolleyes:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice to hear a happy cue maker story. Thanks for sharing. Excellent customer service.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember correctly from when I bought a cue from him off of AZB about 7-8 years ago, he had already mailed the cue before I put the check in the mail. Don't have to worry about him stiffing you :D

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As long as they don't possibly dare to try and haggle on the price of a cue!

I don’t mind Chuck’s point of view on haggling.
I’ve never haggled with the original cue maker...if I can’t handle the price, I don’t buy.

I make up for that in the secondary market...I’ll haggle til the cows come home. :grin: