*** Mosconi Cup 2015 Updates Thread ***

MikeyLittle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was tough, Justin missed one shot and went down 3-0. And that skid at the end was sickening along with the fluke 2 rail bank that followed by Neils. But Justin was shooting really well. Hope he can carry that the rest of the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Corey plays weird patterns and mike doesn't have much heart for the mosconi. You combine those two things and you are gonna have a bad time lol. They both kinda dogged it really but mike hit the 7 too hard and would have scratched if he made it at that speed.

Niels played stone cold called, played good safes, got a roll or two, Justin showed up to the party a little late.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another fairly poor match played by USA.

Two flukes by Niels and one bobbled 3-ball that had no business dropping.

One miss by Justin and one brutal kick/skid for Justin.

I'm a Niels fan, but Justin played better and cleaner than Niels. And lost. And he certainly didn't play a "fairly poor match."

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
another 7b bites Justin.

This one clearly not his fault, the brown 7 skids about 1/2 mile and misses the corner pocket. It could have ended with Justin tying Niels 4-4.

Niels tries the 7 cross-side bank and misses but lucks it into a corner and closes out the match.

Europe now up overall, 2-1.

Ouchan/Appleton v Shane/Sky coming up next.

Last edited:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member

I'm a Niels fan, but Justin played better and cleaner than Niels. And lost. And he certainly didn't play a "fairly poor match."

Very astute observations sir

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That last kick on the 7 ball was brutal and even more after Niels fluked it in after missing the bank but Niels clearly played better than Justin in that match.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

lol

Do you disagree? Do you think Niels flyer bank at the end that lucked into a different pocket was the proof of his cleanliness, or was it the early missed jump shot that leaked into another pocket? Or was it his two odd push out choices?

Other than Justin's one missed 7-ball, was there any other shot or pattern that you deemed not clean?

Freddie <~~~ must have been watching a different stream

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
Wow I'm european but let me tell you I'm impressed with Skyler...plays with no pressure, great attitude, Shane left him quite some challenging shots but Sky never looked nervous, just got down and made every ball...great kid, handles pressure much better than Dechaine or Bergman.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real important for Shane to win the lag against Darren and jump on top of him. Darren looks frustrated because of the break. He was trying to watch what sky and SVB were doing from his chair as the break killed team Europe. That and a rookie named sky who shot lights out!